British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

It means what makes you say that Machin considered chucking away 20 years of business over 1 meeting? Fact or just guesswork

Fact !

You post such ill thought out drivel that if anyone took your views seriously I'd be staggered. From my perspective the sport is in major difficulties, we are potentially facing a triple dip recession, the demographics of the core support are those that are most affected by this Governments economic policies and cost all around are rising.

Yet you manage to scrape up the brain cell to post this tripe. I'm cetain that Machin and Hoggart would value a couple of hundred more fans; that would be an extra £3k or so a meeting. But the likes of you would expect that to be spent on team strengthening; the reality is that it needs to be spent on paying the bills or are you uanble to understand what was written; most owners support speedway as a tax break for their core business i.e. you and I are supporting every other club that has this strategy via our taxes. No better than Starbucks really.

So are you saying the 2 better riders than two of the gamble picks would cost the extra money the extra fans bring in ?

Dak North and Ben Wilson would have been better picks and would cost less by the time the two johnny foriegners get set up over here with vans and accomodation etc !

How come Leicester , Somerset , Scunthorpe and Edinburgh can afford a better quality of rider than Sheffield can , bear in mind someone (I think we all know who is paying a large chunk for Stead if not all of it) with probably less people through the gate ?

There is no need for the personal insults either ... unless its squall you are replying to :wink:

I have not personally insulted you Elephant , no need for it.

Fact !

Dak North and Ben Wilson would have been better picks and would cost less by the time the two johnny foriegners get set up over here with vans and accomodation etc !

Fair enough, if you've heard that from the promotion then so be it.

Isn't Koppe living and working in Leeds? And isn't North a Johnny foreigner as well? how can you say that North and Wilson are better prospect when you haven't seen either Koppe or Albin ride in a competitive meeting for us yet? You may be right, but would personally prefer to give it until April at least before making a decision on whether they are crap or ok or fantastic

Nah, think this is actually Cockle.

The guy who has done absolutely sod all in over a decade in speedway!

At least he's made more of a contribution than you ever will.

As has been said, Koppe is based in Leeds. Albin has already got his own bikes at Berwick and is also set up with his van from up there. Of your alternatives, I suspect Dakota North might be a bit of a Johnny Foreigner too. You're an attention-seeker, not a sensible poster.

There is no need for the personal insults either ... unless its squall you are replying to :wink:

Don't drag me into this! I'm too busy planning on dying in 12 hours

• Like 2

As has been said, Koppe is based in Leeds. Albin has already got his own bikes at Berwick and is also set up with his van from up there. Of your alternatives, I suspect Dakota North might be a bit of a Johnny Foreigner too. You're an attention-seeker, not a sensible poster.

no he-she is just passionate, Dak has duel patrality if I recall correctly, so your not entirely correct :)
  • Like 1

So Machin was going to pull the plug this year. What about the other 19 years. He must have been breaking even at least in those years. He made the decision on the team building last season. Rubbish team, so the fans showed what they thought and stayed away. If the team are no better this season same result. Then by by the tiger's. Unless someone would like to take over. But who in the present climate. Machin as done a good job keeping speedway going at Owlerton. But it sound's like he's had enough. But hay ho Mr Hoggart might want to take over.

At least he's made more of a contribution than you ever will.

Just about!

Fair enough, if you've heard that from the promotion then so be it.

Isn't Koppe living and working in Leeds? And isn't North a Johnny foreigner as well? how can you say that North and Wilson are better prospect when you haven't seen either Koppe or Albin ride in a competitive meeting for us yet? You may be right, but would personally prefer to give it until April at least before making a decision on whether they are crap or ok or fantastic

It seems to me that everyone knows that Adam Ellis is fantastic but their can't be more than a few hundred who have actually seen him. You can make judgement now on what you know now.

Besides which, April might be too late. If they aren't up to scratch then fans will walk away (or not come at all) and it will take a great deal to get them back.

I am well aware of the financial situation and I don't believe Hoggy is blackmailing anyone in his press release, just telling things as they are.

But what Sheffield Speedway needed for 2013 was an attractive side with some potential and the ability to push for a play off place simply to get the fans back in. The way I see it, that team is not even guaranteed to win most of their home matches and I think in the first few meetings the promotion will see just what the fans think of it.

If your sure about the circumstances of the two riders then fair enough , I can still see the promotion incuring costs from using those two though , as for the other two mentioned ... you know what you would get with those ... lets hope the three gambles picked perform or it may spell the end for Sheffield speedway !

Don't drag me into this! I'm too busy planning on dying in 12 hours

You out of the coal bunker yet squall ?

Stead

Haines

Albin

Wells

Hall

Koppe

Knigh

Ritchings

Can't wait :sad:

• Like 1

It seems to me that everyone knows that Adam Ellis is fantastic but their can't be more than a few hundred who have actually seen him. You can make judgement now on what you know now.

Besides which, April might be too late. If they aren't up to scratch then fans will walk away (or not come at all) and it will take a great deal to get them back.

I am well aware of the financial situation and I don't believe Hoggy is blackmailing anyone in his press release, just telling things as they are.

But what Sheffield Speedway needed for 2013 was an attractive side with some potential and the ability to push for a play off place simply to get the fans back in. The way I see it, that team is not even guaranteed to win most of their home matches and I think in the first few meetings the promotion will see just what the fans think of it.

Too true. How could Hoggy be blackmailing anyone when he has explaining the situation AFTER the decision was going to be to run in 2013 was announced. Some have s**t for brains, or are just stirring it.

• Like 1

Too true. How could Hoggy be blackmailing anyone when he has explaining the situation AFTER the decision was going to be to run in 2013 was announced. Some have s**t for brains, or are just stirring it.

Turn up or else no 2014 ?

Edited by OILYRAG

Give us something to watch, or no 2014

Correct , maybe we should do a press release for the Star with words to that effect.