British Speedway Forum

It may be that Poole want to have him as a d/u rider.

Ashley Birks it is then.

Find it strange that we announce a rider at the bottom end before signing the heat leaders but guess that means they must be sorted.

Was hoping for North but welcome to the Robins Ashley.

so not trawling through the pages, are Swindon looking at something like ......

8.18 Hans Andersen

7.94 Troy Batchelor

6.98 Peter Kildermand

6.13 Maciej Janowski

5.78 Nick Morris

3.00 Ashley Birks

38.01 .... 4.49 for the last place (7.48 PL)

Would be a strong top five and if they could get a good reserve it will be a useful team.

Swindon may suffer the same issues as us (Kings Lynn) with Peterborough refusing too sign and release the paperwork for these riders, hence the delay on your heatleaders.

The dark forces of the Panthers have had their plans scuppered and are now punishing everybody else.

My opinion of course

Edited by screamer
  • Like 1

A good reserve now that new assessed averages for some foreign riders being applied. He rode with Nick Morris for part of last year and will d/u with Scunthorpe.

I think you are right screamer and we are waiting for Peterborough to sort out their some of their team before we hear any news about available Panther assets.

Edited by A ORLOV

Swindon may suffer the same issues as us (Kings Lynn) with Peterborough refusing too sign and release the paperwork for these riders, hence the delay on your heatleaders.

The dark forces of the Panthers have had their plans scuppered and are now punishing everybody else.

My opinion of course

or maybe they are just fed up with other teams expecting to be able to pay a pittence of a loan fee every year instead of investing in their own clubs and making these riders assets.
  • Like 1

Peterborough haven't bought most of their assets recently, It's come over a long time in the Elite League from previous promotions.

Loan Fee's are around £1200 for a 5 point rider so for a heat-leader it's around £2k so I wouldn't call it small.

Not a bad shout thecoomdog. I wou;ld try to ensure Janowski is in there somewhere though. I appreciate that would weaken the lower end, but what about 'blooding' Ashley Birks? He could partner the fast improving Dakota North, who looked very decent at Birmingham in Robins colours.

With a formidable top 5, in riding order it would look like this:

1. Andersen

2. Morris

3. Kildermand

4. Janowski

5. Batchelor

6. Binks

7. North.

Chmpions....

Good call on Birks ER!

Bit of a leap of faith this.

Birks could be anything but is certainly a risk at this early stage in his career. Could be a year soon for a move to the EL.

Time will tell I guess. In Rosco we trust!

Christ, a long way to go to see my team at home this year. I certainly hope that Steady ups his average somewhat and I am sure he will. Anyone want to put a wager on Simon riding for GB in the SWC qualifier this year?

If that happens then its fair to say GB will be struggling to make the race off!

8.18 Hans Andersen

7.94 Troy Batchelor

6.98 Peter Kildermand

6.13 Maciej Janowski

5.78 Nick Morris

3.00 Ashley Birks

38.01 .... 4.49 for the last place (7.48 PL)

I make Birks 3.35, leaving 4.14 (6.9 PL) which isn't much for a decent reserve!

Masters would be useful on 3.83 or possibly Richard Lawson, Tungate or Aspregren. Not looking good there!

Pavlic is 5.11.

Kus, Lindgren, Mellgren, North, Stachyra, Gomolski all possibles.

Or if we use Zengota, not Janowski, then Lampart, Gafurov, Dryml, Screen or Szcepaniak?

What is the PL > EL conversion rate?

If, as per DC2's posting above, it is 60% then Dakota North would come in on 3.89.

That's where my money would be.