British Speedway Forum

Forget Hans and Batch, this is what Swindon should be puchasing.

http://www.uklanddirectory.org.uk/land-for-sale.asp?id=17252

Imagine a purpose built speedway stadium, on the top of the hill next to the old airfield. Perfect.

Maybe we should chip in our Christmas money?

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Badgers+Brook+wroughton&ll=51.513737,-1.794076&spn=0.014502,0.042272&hnear=Badgers+Brook,+Wroughton,+Swindon+SN4+9DG,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=h&z=15

And you appear to be your promotions little lap dog! pmsl

Look, sit back, calm down and it will sort itself out. Trust me, nobody cares what you think and your Promotion certainly don't need you to do their bidding.

From worthless to lap dog, that's some progress isn't it! Some of us progressed and some remained stuck! - sorry about your incontinence btw :cry:

http://www.uklanddir...le.asp?id=17252

Imagine a purpose built speedway stadium, on the top of the hill next to the old airfield. Perfect.

https://maps.google....&gl=uk&t=h&z=15

Blunsdon is cold enough as it is Matt, Wroughton would be Arctic i tell ya.... :D

http://www.uklanddir...le.asp?id=17252

https://maps.google....&gl=uk&t=h&z=15

They had the devils own job getting permission to run Karts inside one of the old hangers up there- a speedway stadium would have no chance.

When all the Stadium issues blew up a few years ago the site to the left at the bottom of Blunsdon Hill on the road to Cricklade was mooted as a possible site. I took a look and it would be pretty good I reckon.

This is speedway, so who knows, but this article would suggest that is has :

It would be interesting to learn who it comprises of then because if it is the exact top 20 based on 2012s end of season Rolling GSAs then fine but it is highly unlikely that rider number 8 Adrian Miedzinski will not ride. Rider number 9 is late Lee Richardson. Rider number 17 Ryan Sullivan will presumably not feature and rider number 18 Joonas Kylmakorpi has stated his non involvement in 2013. Take these 4 riders out of the top 20 and you have to include riders 21 to 24 one of which is Peter Kildemand who has already been signed by Swindon to leave only one place for either Hans Andersen or Troy Batchelor.

I recall reading somewhere that there would be no adjustments to said top 20 once it was set and would include any riders from last years averages with an average of x.xx or more plus a selection of non recent riders/top riders who were considered of said top 29 standard.

I think it was, correctly in my opinion, deemed unfair to make team building be undertaken to an ever moving set of goalposts when rider A decided he wasn't riding in the UK!

I may of course be wrong, but who can be sure given the apparent inconsistency of decisions being made public, of course who says what is being released into the public domain is correct as we have Promoters disputing with each other!

It would be interesting to learn who it comprises of then because if it is the exact top 20 based on 2012s end of season Rolling GSAs then fine but it is highly unlikely that rider number 8 Adrian Miedzinski will not ride. Rider number 9 is late Lee Richardson. Rider number 17 Ryan Sullivan will presumably not feature and rider number 18 Joonas Kylmakorpi has stated his non involvement in 2013. Take these 4 riders out of the top 20 and you have to include riders 21 to 24 one of which is Peter Kildemand who has already been signed by Swindon to leave only one place for either Hans Andersen or Troy Batchelor.

No, basically the way it works is that you take the average of rider No 20 on the list and can only sign two riders on his average or higher. So if for example you want to sign Tomasz Gollob, he is not on the list but his starting average is higher then rider No20 so if you sign Gollob or someone like him you can only sign one other rider from the top 20. If you sign Gollob and Hancock then that is your full quota because they both have higher averages than rider No20 on the list. On the other hand if you sign Peter Kildemand who is No21 on the list you can still have two higher averaged riders.

So the watershed figure is the average of rider No20 0n the list, not the names of whoever is or is not on there.

Peter Kildemand who is No21 on the list

It's funny that isn't it. It would be interesting to know who proposed the rule change and who decided that Top 20 was the way to go and why?

It's funny that isn't it. It would be interesting to know who proposed the rule change and who decided that Top 20 was the way to go and why?

It wasn't me!!

• Like 1

It wasn't me!!

That's you in the clear then, whoever you are (excuse my ignorance on that issue) - forgot to add "when" as it seemed to be a bit of a surprise to a couple of clubs at least!

That's you in the clear then, whoever you are (excuse my ignorance on that issue) - forgot to add "when" as it seemed to be a bit of a surprise to a couple of clubs at least!

Gary Patchett Esq

• Like 1

The line was drawn under Rory Schlein who was 20th. I think Peter was actually 23rd.