British Speedway Forum

I suggest that the various Panthers fans on here go and build a snowman or something..

Some fresh (rather than hot) air should do you all some good :rofl:

• Like 2

I suggest that the various Panthers fans on here go and build a snowman or something..

As a neutral with a liking for the EoES track but domiciled closer to Blunsden than Alwalton do I have your permission to keep posting on here?

Ah, blow it, I'm going to anyway.

What's your problem with their posts? They're only pointing out their promoters are asking for something your lot did - and got - three years ago. Nowt wrong with that.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 3

Correct. Patchett is sounding desperate and beginning to crack under the pressure.

The proposal to strike off Swindon Robins Speedway Ltd at Companies House may also be contributing to the pressure.

Swindon has been announced as the venue for the ELRC 2013 again. This has been scheduled for Saturday October 12th.

This goes to show what a good track Swindon has as many of the top riders like riding there, and the 2012 meeting saw some excellent racing.

Swindon has been announced as the venue for the ELRC 2013 again. This has been scheduled for Saturday October 12th.

This goes to show what a good track Swindon has as many of the top riders like riding there, and the 2012 meeting saw some excellent racing.

Not decrying the track, but what it shows is that Swindon are the only bidders or that their bid is better than anybody else's.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

Why so late again?? If there's anything like a decent summer weather-wise all league fixtures and play-offs should be well finished by then!!

And that's the best reply that you can come up with and you also think that it's funny, well knock me down with a feather!

Not decrying the track, but what it shows is that Swindon are the only bidders or that their bid is better than anybody else's.

I don't think it works like that.

It is a BSPA event rather than a Swindon promotion, so there would be no bidding process and the BSPA run the meeting not Swindon Speedway. Although Swindon Speedway rightly get a bit of kudos and credit for their track being used for a prestigious event I don't think they pocket all the profits, which go to the BSPA.

• Like 1

Not according to the BSPA press release shown on the BSPA website.

Can rely on you to have a pop at Swindon :rolleyes:

Not according to the BSPA press release shown on the BSPA website.

Where in that press release does it say events are allocated rather than bid for?

Can rely on you to have a pop at Swindon :rolleyes:

Where's a pop at Swindon?

Where in that press release does it say events are allocated rather than bid for?

It says that due to the success of last years series, which saw good crowd levels and superb racing, every staging track remains the same.

No mention is made of a bidding exercise for 2013.

It says that due to the success of last years series, which saw good crowd levels and superb racing, every staging track remains the same.

No mention is made of a bidding exercise for 2013.

Exactly. Just says the venues remain the same. No mention of how and why the venues are chosen in the first place.

Swindon have a decent raceable track, no reason the ELRC should not stay with them. All the fans want is a good racing track for the guys to compete on....