British Speedway Forum

I hope your right, got the impression they were tired of losing money on it and selling a few unused assets was the best way to claw some money back. I hope this decision doesn't send them packing.

The decisions by our incompetent masters might make them think whether speedway is worth the expense but I doubt that the expense itself will have too much effect? It might, who knows?

Batch or Hans for the number one spot? Last season was a bit of a formality, not sure this year.

Well done Patch in securing Batch for this season.

ER i think Batch, I've always rated him and will give him till he is 32 is a classy rider no doubt about his ability.Hans i think can put half a point on his away average and he is capable of being no1.

Welcome back Batch. Has matured a lot from the spoilt brat of a few years ago. Needs to produce last years superb away form at Blunsdon as well this year.

Looking forward to some close racing this year, with no lame duck teams...and some better weather and bigger crowds after all those rain-offs last year. Get all those thousands of closet Robins fans out to Blunsdon. Hopefully wont be the last year for top-flight speedway in GB.

GO ROBINS!!!

ER i think Batch, I've always rated him and will give him till he is 32 is a classy rider no doubt about his ability.Hans i think can put half a point on his away average and he is capable of being no1.

Think you are right Sid. I forget that Batch is still a young guy at 25 (i think) Not yet at his prime and just needs some stability and the Rosco 'consoling' arm around him when required.

He will arrive a more confident rider this year after securing the Aussie Championship. A super achievement despite the poorish field.

In full flight he is mustard to watch. I would like him to acquire some team riding skills this year as he will be riding with the two reserves (certainly initially anyway). His normal 'head down and go' style needs to change this year.

Great to have him back. Batch owes us a good performance at Peterborough too. I am sure the Boro fans will 'welcome' him back..... ;)

I would like him to acquire some team riding skills this year as he will be riding with the two reserves (certainly initially anyway). His normal 'head down and go' style needs to change this year.

Great to have him back. Batch owes us a good performance at Peterborough too. I am sure the Boro fans will 'welcome' him back..... ;)

Troy showed last year that he could team ride and did it with good effect on a number of occasions..

In fact ER, I commented on this during last season and from memory, you agreed !

Mind you, we're already nearly a year older..

Great to see Batch back in the side ...not sure what the Boro are going to do now thou ? maybe get back to there own teams topics :D

• Like 3

Will be good to see ALL the team on thurs at press and practice, hopefully see the new race suits, and how the new riders get on.

Troy showed last year that he could team ride and did it with good effect on a number of occasions..

In fact ER, I commented on this during last season and from memory, you agreed !

'yerropes' are you hopeful or are you not bothered? this year Chalkie and ER,ORLOV,beefy, massive supporters i am excited en,t bothered if we win nowt love my night out winning is a bonus is good thou.My ambition is for Ash BIrks to do well, a Brit talented keen,be great if he cracks it a lovely riding style good luck Ash!

year want BIrks to do well a Brit keen and talented fingers crossed for Ash.

Yerropes 'me ol mucker' i do remember your comments now about Batch and his team riding skills...(now the Stella has worn off!!) A couple of times i recall...once with our adopted Pole, another with young Nick.

Still needs to do more though. I wonder just how many points the master of team riding obtained for the Robins over a season? Hopefully as he matures, so will his skills...communication skills too! :t:

'yerropes' are you hopeful or are you not bothered? this year Chalkie and ER,ORLOV,beefy, massive supporters i am excited en,t bothered if we win nowt love my night out winning is a bonus is good thou.My ambition is for Ash BIrks to do well, a Brit talented keen,be great if he cracks it a lovely riding style good luck Ash!

Yerropes is as passionate as the rest of us Sid, no worries there. He's just grumpy from time to time..... ;)

Great to see Batch back in the side ...not sure what the Boro are going to do now thou ? maybe get back to there own teams topics :D

We will miss you guys...have a good season :cheers:

Sid, I'm always hopeful, much like yourself I am more than happy with an evenly contested meeting between 2 teams of 7 riders (no R/R and hopefully no guests)

Winning the League is of minor importance as long as the racing and entertainment is good, although last season was great and a first for me since I started going (being taken) back in 1973..

I would add that a successful (ish) team is good for the crowds and the atmosphere and it's always good to hear that 'Blunsdon Roar'.

Mind you, I do find it quite satisfying to silence some of those mouthy Pirates..

Yerropes 'me ol mucker' i do remember your comments now about Batch and his team riding skills...(now the Stella has worn off!!) A couple of times i recall...once with our adopted Pole, another with young Nick.

Still needs to do more though. I wonder just how many points the master of team riding obtained for the Robins over a season? Hopefully as he matures, so will his skills...communication skills too! :t:

Yerropes is as passionate as the rest of us Sid, no worries there. He's just grumpy from time to time..... ;)

Grumpy ER ! I can live with that at my time of life..

Mind you Troy did team ride more than twice you know - once he got going last year I thought he did a brilliant job...

Am more than happy with the 2013 team and looking forward to P&P and the start of the new season.

I do believe those evil-cloaked Pirates will be in town later this month :D

As has been said, all that now needs to happen is for the cheque to arrive at Glasgow.

And clear the bank.

At which point, Nick Morris can also be listed in Swindon's 1-7. And also loaned to Somerset by Swindon.

Because if he is listed just now, it shows that the 1-7 for either club hasn't been approved......

Edited by crescent girl

Fear not, Crescent Girl, the Swindon Promotion have played a blinder this closed season (just like they did last 'open' Season ;) ) so i'm sure it will all be resolved exactly how they want it to be.

Edited by BuzzCagney

Dear oh dear! The once respected orion has a post liked by SteveO, Red Robin and BuzzCagney. That's your credibilty right out of the window although you have a shred left as stevebrum missed it :D

We'll still need to be watching though as due to Swindon Panthers wanting speedway on the cheap then almost half of your team is still ours and are our problem when the waiting game starts again in October :P

You're right though, we seem to have been ignoring that we have a half decent side which should get us into the top 4 of the qualifying competition before the real fun starts!

If you need a taxi to watch your mauve men on Fri April 12 then give us a shout :wink:

Edited by Crump99

Dear oh dear! The once respected orion has a post liked by SteveO, Red Robin and BuzzCagney. That's your credibilty right out of the window although you have a shred left as stevebrum missed it :D

We'll still need to be watching though as due to Swindon Panthers wanting speedway on the cheap then almost half of your team is still ours and are our problem when the waiting game starts again in October :P

You're right though, we seem to have been ignoring that we have a half decent side which should get us into the top 4 of the qualifying competition before the real fun starts!

If you need a taxi to watch your mauve men on Fri April 12 then give us a shout :wink:

Your team will be a good watch this year Crumpie, especially at Blunsdon. Pretty much all of the 2013 Panthers side have scored heavily at the Abbey in previous seasons, most notably, Sundstrom, Norbert and Hougaard.

Looking forward to the meetings between the two clubs. Batch and Hans owe us a decent performance at your place too! ;)