British Speedway Forum

Yep I remember Simon Stead was treated wonderfully last year. Also, if what you say is true, why did batch leave Swindon for Peterborough in the first place?

I didn't agree at the time either about the change but the management was right as they got a massive response also they had the balls to change there mind. Edited by sidney

For Swindon to have kept Simon in the team all season for me was more than treating him wonderfully as lots of teams would've made the change.

Are you on the wind up?

Have I got it wrong then as I think they did treat him ok in the end?

Aah it may have all worked out in the end, doesn't mean he was treated correctly at the time.

Edited by Noodles

The difference is Swindon can keep there assets and riders happy!Hans has showed that Peterborough have messed about Bjerre Andersen, Iversen big time over the last few years and this year what a joke.

short memory:

PANTHERS owner Rick Frost insists he would not have dreamed of standing in the way of any Peterborough riders who wanted to move on during the winter. Several members of the Peterborough stable of assets joined other clubs while Panthers’ future was in balance during a winter-long feud with the authorities.

The most notable departures were 2010 number one Kenneth Bjerre and skipper Niels Kristian Iversen who are both lining up less than an hour away at top-flight newcomers King’s Lynn this year. Frost said: “We have seen a lot of our assets move and we were sorry to see them go, but there is no way we could have stood in their way in case we had to sit out the season (how inconsiderate).“We owed it to loyal Peterborough servants like Kenneth and Niels to allow them to secure their own futures, (19/3/2011)

And from a couple of weeks ago (19/12/12) Bjerre wants to be back in the Panthers lair - “I’ve done six seasons at Peterborough and love riding for the club. I want to be there again."

I do hope that you sign Andersen then you can have fun every close season for a few more years before he's happy that anyone wants him at all!

Edited by Crump99

Aah it may have all worked out in the end, doesn't mean he was treated correctly at the time.

As i understand it the Swindon promotion were looking into finding a replacement and not unreasonably wanted to do so before releasing Simon. At that point some unknown third party blabbed. I'd say it was the blabber mouth at fault not the Swindon promotion.
  • Like 1

Has Bjerre signed yet?

It's hasn't been announced which is somewhat different from not signing.

Hans didn't make himself too popular with the Monmore faithful after his Heat 15 move on Miskowviak last year Stevebrum....i think he had mis-read the script to be honest... :o

I remember it well, scandalous move!! :shock::wink:

I remember it well, scandalous move!! :shock::wink:

Must admit i did squirm myself.... :oops:

• Like 1

The difference is Swindon can keep there assets and riders happy!

Hans has showed that Peterborough have messed about Bjerre Andersen, Iversen big time over the last few years and this year what a joke.

show me some facts how frost has messed them about `???

• Like 1

Ward has signed for Swindon. Darren Ward for Swindon FC

And a good signing too!

show me some facts how frost has messed them about `???

In January none of them as far as i know have deals sorted? Andersen,Batchelor,Iversen, Bjerre,Why? My point is if all of them don't get sorted are Peterborough worried if they make a living in England or not.They should be as business sense you would at least expect a loan fee (better than nothing) wouldn't you.? Iversen unless he rides for Lynn he won't ride in the EL, why would he ride for Peterborough they showed near zero faith in his ability.How can pro speedway riders be sorted out in say late January be geared up and ready to perform?

Ward has signed for Swindon. Darren Ward for Swindon FC

Lets hope he is as entertaining and tenacious as his namesake down in Dorset is.