British Speedway Forum

I was living abroad when Exeter closed, its hardly a crime to ask. Really dont understand your aggressive replies.

and still commuting to PBoro presumable because the family ticket is such great value there!

and still commuting to PBoro presumable because the family ticket is such great value there!

Please please play another record chap, its getting boring.
  • Like 1

Please please play another record chap, its getting boring.

Blu, you are on here frequently...its like the old days.....

Blu, you are on here frequently...its like the old days.....

Not with you on the 'old days' English...I might have to lay low with Darth Vader stalking my every move ;)

what's happened to the fixture v Lakeside on 25 March? I thought this was supposed to be the 1st televised match of the season?

Am waiting to see the Sky schedule as none of the matches reported to be on it now seem to be happening. As you say March 25 at Lakeside is not in the fixtures and April 4 had Swindon-KL where we are now racing against Lakeside.

Sometimes there's no helping Speedway. The promoters insist on this ridiculous lop-sided fixture list, presumably to minimise costs. They then proceed to arrange for Swindon to meet relatively local and well-supported Poole and Coventry at home only once, By contrast Belle Vue and King's Lynn, who'll have about 3 away fans between them, visit twice!...presumably to minimise income as well!! - give me a clue??!!!

• Like 1

Two home meetings against Belle Vue has certainly helped reduce my personal costs.

So the Swindon Elite Shield meeting at Poole on Good Friday is at 7.30pm, which presumably rules out Morris and possibly Birks!!

Not sure if Poole will be missing Tungate who has an afternoon meeting at Ippo??

So the Swindon Elite Shield meeting at Poole on Good Friday is at 7.30pm, which presumably rules out Morris and possibly Birks!!

Not sure if Poole will be missing Tungate who has an afternoon meeting at Ippo??

Cant see how Tungate can possibly make the Poole meeting, unless he has a helicopter available. Edited by blupanther

This new ridiculous doubling up rule is just going to lead to guests, guests & even more guests & how on earth it got voted in is beyond me.

Cant see how Tungate can possibly make the Poole meeting, unless he has a helicopter available.

Agreed. Not possible by road.

I do think its a shame that the opening high profile fixture of the season has more than a fifth of the riders missing due to administrative issues. I've been plugging this point on the (I think) Coventry thread. At least the opening leg doesn't appear to be affected.

Despite all ten clubs riding on Good Friday it only looks like three others will miss out, Doyle, Barker and Niemenen. I'm guessing Kozza will be given preference to his Kl meetings.

Its a challenge match so I'd suggest it matters little that two or three are missing. And probably a good opportunity to try out some guests if needed for the serious stuff.

Agreed. Not possible by road.

I do think its a shame that the opening high profile fixture of the season has more than a fifth of the riders missing due to administrative issues. I've been plugging this point on the (I think) Coventry thread. At least the opening leg doesn't appear to be affected.

Despite all ten clubs riding on Good Friday it only looks like three others will miss out, Doyle, Barker and Niemenen. I'm guessing Kozza will be given preference to his Kl meetings.

High profile?

It's a 'Challenge' with a cheap wig on.

• Like 1

High profile?

It's a 'Challenge' with a cheap wig on.

'Challenge' or not, There's a trophy up for grabs and its between last seasons top 2 clubs - so 'high profile' is a correct description!