British Speedway Forum

Batchelor aussie no.1? Are you mad he's not even in the top two

Are you going to tell him or shall I?

(Sunday January 10, 2010) TROY Batchelor put the disappointment of just missing out on the Australian Championship to claim: “I still did pretty well.” Peterborough’s big money winter signing from Swindon was pipped at the flag by Poole’s Grand Prix star Chris Holder. Even though he won the first two rounds, Troy’s fifth place at Newcastle on Saturday night let Holder nip in to grab his second national senior title. He finished one point ahead of the Panthers’ new star even though he lost to him in five out of five championship races. Batchelor said: “It sucks not to be Australian Champion – but I know I was the number one. “Two third places in my first three rides on Saturday night did it – but I beat Holder every time we raced each other. “He’s a GP rider so I think I did pretty well and everyone knows I was the top rider over the three rounds.” “Whatever anyone says everyone knows that I was the number one in the championship and that’s good for me.”

http://www.peterboro...hp?extend.771.2

I'm sure that he wouldn't do himself down now, and now that he's won the Aussie title they seem to think his worth has gone down :o

Edited by Crump99

Are you going to tell him or shall I?

(Sunday January 10, 2010) TROY Batchelor put the disappointment of just missing out on the Australian Championship to claim: “I still did pretty well.” Peterborough’s big money winter signing from Swindon was pipped at the flag by Poole’s Grand Prix star Chris Holder. Even though he won the first two rounds, Troy’s fifth place at Newcastle on Saturday night let Holder nip in to grab his second national senior title. He finished one point ahead of the Panthers’ new star even though he lost to him in five out of five championship races. Batchelor said: “It sucks not to be Australian Champion – but I know I was the number one. “Two third places in my first three rides on Saturday night did it – but I beat Holder every time we raced each other. “He’s a GP rider so I think I did pretty well and everyone knows I was the top rider over the three rounds.” “Whatever anyone says everyone knows that I was the number one in the championship and that’s good for me.”

http://www.peterboro...hp?extend.771.2

I'm sure that he wouldn't do himself down now, and now that he's won the Aussie title they seem to think his worth has gone down :o

Back then he did have a habit of beating Holder on a regular basis but Holder is better now and even Batchelor can't say with any honesty that he would be world champion if he got the chance.

Back then he did have a habit of beating Holder on a regular basis but Holder is better now and even Batchelor can't say with any honesty that he would be world champion if he got the chance.

Have to agree he has not got the temperament.

Nor would Chris if Craig Ackroryd had any bottle & excluded him.lol

• Like 2

Nor would Chris if Craig Ackroryd had any bottle & excluded him.lol

I am sure Craig is a very nice chap and made the right decision,even if he had excluded him he may still have won the title,we will never know,just a shame his bike broke down in the final as i had money on him!

Have to agree he has not got the temperament.

And Nicki Pedersen has??

And Nicki Pedersen has??

3 World Championships would seem to confirm that...
  • Like 1

Batch was a changed rider last season once he got his form together after a poor start! perhaps he has at last realized you have to be more focused and not listen to the crap being said about him!I look forward to him being back at Blunsdon this season if things can be agreed upon!

• Like 2

3 World Championships would seem to confirm that...

Yes i know! My point was that Nicki Pedersen has a worst temperament than Batch so challenging Game On's statement :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Good to see Jason and Zengi added to the Bob Kilby meeting alongside the 2013 Robins too :t:

Shall we have our own thread yerropes, and call it something like Swindon 2013? ;)

• Like 3

Shall we have our own thread yerropes, and call it something like Swindon 2013? ;)

Right on cue ER - 'Farmboy's Wages' was playing when I just read your post, now moved on to 'Right Place Wrong Time' by Dr John - check it out if you don't know it, it still sounds current...

Anyway, enough digressing, I've just read that Mads is the 5th name for Killer's meeting with more to be announced shortly - the line-up is looking good so far !

Hopefully, your very sound suggestion of a Swindon 2013 thread will reduce the number of scribes dictating whom to buy in a buyer's market :t:

Right on cue ER - 'Farmboy's Wages' was playing when I just read your post, now moved on to 'Right Place Wrong Time' by Dr John - check it out if you don't know it, it still sounds current...

Anyway, enough digressing, I've just read that Mads is the 5th name for Killer's meeting with more to be announced shortly - the line-up is looking good so far !

Hopefully, your very sound suggestion of a Swindon 2013 thread will reduce the number of scribes dictating whom to buy in a buyer's market :t:

Dr John....now your'e talking!! Great stuff.

Mads is always a good watch at Blunsdon. Seems to deliver nowadays, was so frustrating when he rode for us though.

Happy with the team this year. No season ticket for me this year though, work will get in the way on occasions.

See you up there!

Anyone received their season tickets? We sent off well before christmas and still no sign, not too worried there is still a month to go 'tho.

Anyone received their season tickets? We sent off well before christmas and still no sign, not too worried there is still a month to go 'tho.

Apparently they havent been delivered by the suppliers yet but will be with us at the start of March.

Apparently they havent been delivered by the suppliers yet but will be with us at the start of March.

Many thanks.