British Speedway Forum

Well, and this is a complete shot in the dark, but maybe Kings Lynn? :D

We all knew that Niels and Lynn were going to talk, I knew it, you knew it, everyone knew it.

When you ride for a club you are always in conversation and it was invevitable they would talk.

No doubt Frost knew this as well , Had he'd been on the case, and was concerned of his asset, he would have approached Niels to see what he wanted for next year. A little forethought, none of this would have been an issue..........from both sides.......

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 3

I don't know what is the more alarming - Rick for playing games or you for condoning his actions?

The side he declared last year WAS poor - hence why he had to make many changes (outside of injuries). The team you finished with should have seen you safely into the playoffs but it just didn't happen. Your team for next year looks good so far - I just don't think anyone needs to play silly beggars with riders they cannot use - they have families to feed and bills to pay you know! :rolleyes:

What I'm condoning is that it's good to see him playing the pigeon for a change instead of the statue. I'm sorry that people get caught up in the middle but there are times when the sympathy card doesn't work and this is one of those times!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

We all knew that Niels and Lynn were going to talk, I knew it, you knew it, everyone knew it.

When you ride for a club you are always in conversation and it was invevitable they would talk.

No doubt Frost knew this as well , Had he'd been on the case, and was concerned of his asset, he would have approached Niels to see what he wanted for next year. A little forethought, none of this would have been an issue..........from both sides.......

And how do you know he didn't.

Swindon fans do you want an evening out, a group of fans are meeting at

The Wheatsheaf, Ermin St at 7pm on Sunday Dec 30th.

Have a chat with friends, make new ones and celebrate the fantastic year we have had.

Please pm if likely to attend so the pub has an idea of numbers, but not essential.

Any Poole supporters welcome.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Swindon fans do you want an evening out, a group of fans are meeting at

The Wheatsheaf, Ermin St at 7pm on Sunday Dec 30th.

Have a chat with friends, make new ones and celebrate the fantastic year we have had.

Any Poole supporters welcome.

Thanks for the invite but i dont think I'll come (I've seen The Wicker Man) :lol:

• Like 4

Thanks for the invite but i dont think I'll come (I've seen The Wicker Man) :lol:

Wasn't it set in Poole?

Well said GRW123.

And just in case Frost had other things on his mind and wasn't considering Kings Lynn's teambuilding, did Lynn and Iversen consider that it might be a good idea to jog his memory and find out what the situation is. I don't see why Frost has to do anything until his management team start to put a team together and we all know that you have to negotiate past the AGM first.

You'd be ok, we were content with making toast out of your team. ;)

And Batch is right, this whole asset thing is a very, very poor system for UK Speedway.

I ask Midland Robin 1 question,

Can you give a reasonable explanation on what's good for British Speedway regarding the asset system?

Every other Country allows riders to move around freely why do we have to have a strangle hold. This is really damaging and situations are becoming worse as the years roll by.

• Like 1

I'd like to thank Midland Robin and the rest of the promotion for the very nice christmas card I received yesterday

and to nominate them for "Extreme optimist of the Year" for putting in a season ticket renewal form! :wink: :wink:

The asset system! difficult one. I would suggest if any club has paid out a very large amount of money to purchase a rider for their long term business plan, then those riders should remain as assets.

Lets not foget the investment not only supports your clubs future, but also the club who is gaining money from the sale.

The new riders coming into the league in the past on 4.00 or 5.00 then maybe they dont become assets of a club until they have done 2-3 seasons with the same club, until then they are free agents?

• Like 2

I'd like to thank Midland Robin and the rest of the promotion for the very nice christmas card I received yesterday

and to nominate them for "Extreme optimist of the Year" for putting in a season ticket renewal form! :wink: :wink:

Still you never know NIGE9359, you may get value for money next season, or our team may even win the league again!!!!