British Speedway Forum

I totally agree with you. He may make more progress in d/u role with a PL club but the other side of the coin is that at least Lakeside will have him available for all their fixtures and not have to rely on the uncertainty of a PL guest when there is a fixture clash, especially as a fair number of PL clubs have the same race night as Lakeside. They already look like having Ritchie Worrall doubling up at Newcastle and it would be difficult for any club to do well with two PL guest coming in for the reserves at crucial times.

Crap signing

Erudite post.

• Like 3

Erudite post.

I am sure he will look that one up too see what it means.

• Like 1

Crap signing

Crap post!

Mear is a good young BRITISH rider. Yeah sure he only rides part time as it were but for a rider on 4.45 he was scoring 8's and 9's toward the end of last season that proved vital in us making the play-offs. He's also a 100% rider who is exciting to watch so i for one am more than happy he's confirmed for 2013.

Go on mearkat!!

Very interesting the 1-7 announcement from Lakeside this morning but no fanfare regarding PK who is the no 1

So a deal has been agreed with PK but has it been agreed with Wolves, especially as Wolves haven't agreed with Woffinden?

Very interesting the 1-7 announcement from Lakeside this morning but no fanfare regarding PK who is the no 1

So a deal has been agreed with PK but has it been agreed with Wolves, especially as Wolves haven't agreed with Woffinden?

This is Lakeside, look and learn how to conduct business.

Decent side but over half a point not used.

By my calculation, that team comes in at 42.37 (0.13 unused).

Decent side but over half a point not used.

one ov Richie's toe nails is worth that alone,,,, bargain on 3.00

I am sure he will look that one up too see what it means.

I am sure I won't because I don't care ho ho ho

Darn sight better signing than that cheating little mug in your avatar!

Yawn Zzzz!

no nemo next year?

Apparently not. His case is further proof that riding in the PL doesn't always improve a rider. It didn't do much for David Howe, doesn't seem to have taken Ben Barker a lot further forward and Kauko has dropped his average from what it was before he started doubling up with Leicester. Maybe Rob Mear is doing the right thing by keeping his day job and concentrating fully on the Elite League. Nemo is good enough to do a decent job as captain at Leicester and will no doubt be first choice of guest for Lakeside when Ritchie Worrall is riding for Newcastle as Ritchie's average will be higher after the first set of Greensheets.

Sadly, it looks like Stuart Robson's EL career is over though, although he probably still has a few good years left in him to continue to be a powerful force at Newcastle. Considering Lakeside bought him for next to nothing he has been a pretty good investment for the Hammers and loan fees have probably gone a long way to covering what Lakeside paid for him originally. One of speedway's nice guys.

It was announced straight after the AGM that Lakeside were in negotiations with PK with permission of the Wolves management.