British Speedway Forum

Yes. Lakeside cheating again.

But Rob Mear was replaced by Adam Ellis so that Seb fitted into the team. Therefore they can't now bring Rob back as his average is higher than Adams so they have got to redeclare totally which puts them over the limit whether on May's or June's averages. (43.43 according to Figures just released)

More like - Yes.Silver Cheetah talking b****** again. :mad:
  • Like 1

Yes. Lakeside cheating again.

But Rob Mear was replaced by Adam Ellis so that Seb fitted into the team. Therefore they can't now bring Rob back as his average is higher than Adams so they have got to redeclare totally which puts them over the limit whether on May's or June's averages. (43.43 according to Figures just released)

No not cheating try again.

No team a including Adam Ellis has been re-declared and approved by the MC. On the averages effective from 1st June the team is under 42.25. Perfectly legal team.

1. Unlike Belle Vue, Poole and Peterboro, Lakeside have got the Met Office to back up their postponement of the Coventry match unless you can point to any met report that suggests it was not tipping it down last Friday and the day before.

2. No reason why Rob should not be riding when there is no clash with Rye House fixtures. Don't forget Richard Lawson is also a d/u and he will have some fixture clashes when Adam will cover. Perfectly within the rules for a PL guest to cover for an absent d/ u rider.

Yes providing that the PL rider has a CMA which Adam Ellis does not.

Yes it is just about within the rules except for using Adam Ellis but now you can see what the plans were for Richie Worrall and why he told John Cook where to go.

I see now the Panthers season is over as their team is so bad that BCD has started moaning about Lakeside again.

I don't like people who play hard and fast with the rules, never have and never will, interesting that Cook says he doesn't like the rulebook in todays star, perhaps he should lay off the sun lamp for a bit and sort the bloody thing out.

Very convenient and the whole thing stinks yet again, its clear issue 11 would answer a lot of questions and the BSPA have deemed it fit not to issue that set for public consumption.

What's convenient about a rain-off. The promotion would have lost money as a result of the rain off and will lose more money as a result of the depleted crowd that results from a TV. It would be much better if Cov were to come on a regular race night especially as they bring motre travelling fans than most. There won't be many coming on a Monday and a lot of Lakeside fans won't want to fork out for a meeting on Monday with a Poole meeting due on Friday (Matt Ford permitting). Peterboro's decision to do a Poole is the only thing that stinks.

I see now the Panthers season is over as their team is so bad that BCD has started moaning about Lakeside again.

Yep, once again Dick by name, Dick by nature is found with a smoking gun in his hand and a large hole in his foot :D :D :D

Was this yet another B.S. press release by Lakeside.

Thursday May 23, 2013

LAKESIDE newcomer Sebastian Ulamek’s first appearance for the club has been brought forward to the Hammers’ home clash with Coventry on Friday.

And the Purfleet side have also handed a team place to 17-year-old Adam Ellis, with Kim Nilsson and Robert Mear making way – although co-promoter Jon Cook has stressed they remain in the club’s plans for the future.

Cook said: “Seb is very keen to get started, as are we, and as he was travelling in this week anyway it seemed silly not to get him started straight away.

“Having looked at our options we really felt that the chance for our fans to see Adam in action was too good to miss. Whether it proves a brief cameo or for the rest of the season will depend on how he handles the step up but he is mad keen to give it a go and we are more than happy to fast-track him.”

Yes providing that the PL rider has a CMA which Adam Ellis does not.

No, that only applies to d/u in the 1-7 not a guest, so Adam can be used as a guest for Rob or Richard.
  • Like 1

No, that only applies to d/u in the 1-7 not a guest, so Adam can be used as a guest for Rob or Richard.

So you are admitting that you declared an illegal team for the rain off against Coventry then.

Also why was Darcy Ward not allowed to guest for anyone in the Elite League until he achieved a CMA in the PL.

So you are admitting that you declared an illegal team for the rain off against Coventry then.

Also why was Darcy Ward not allowed to guest for anyone in the Elite League until he achieved a CMA in the PL.

I don't know what team was declared against Coventry as it was rained off so I didn't get programme. The only declarations I am aware of are published on the GSA's which as far as I am aware show the declared team as being within the rules. I don't know about Darcy Ward 3 years ago but as far as I can see the team appears to comply with the 2013 rules. If not no doubt Gary Havelock will have something to say.

I don't know what team was declared against Coventry as it was rained off so I didn't get programme. The only declarations I am aware of are published on the GSA's which as far as I am aware show the declared team as being within the rules. I don't know about Darcy Ward 3 years ago but as far as I can see the team appears to comply with the 2013 rules. If not no doubt Gary Havelock will have something to say.

Well no doubt you will be able to look at the programme on Monday night then as it will be the same one.

Do you also think that Lakeside are talking a load of rubbish in their press releases then.

Also where is issue 11 of the declared team sheets on the BSPA site

1. Unlike Belle Vue, Poole and Peterboro, Lakeside have got the Met Office to back up their postponement of the Coventry match unless you can point to any met report that suggests it was not tipping it down last Friday and the day before.

2. No reason why Rob should not be riding when there is no clash with Rye House fixtures. Don't forget Richard Lawson is also a d/u and he will have some fixture clashes when Adam will cover. Perfectly within the rules for a PL guest to cover for an absent d/ u rider.

The rain may have just helped Lakeside though. After all, their team was illegal.

No, the rules apparently (I say apparently because it's not in the rule book!) say that if a riders EL fixture was programmed before his PL fixture he rides in the EL fixture - Jason Doyle rode at Lakeside for Brum a couple of weeks ago didn't he while Somerset had to sue a guest. So as Mears Lakeside meeting on Friday has been programmed since February and his PL meeting for only a week, the EL meeting takes priority.

Well no doubt you will be able to look at the programme on Monday night then as it will be the same one.

Do you also think that Lakeside are talking a load of rubbish in their press releases then.

Also where is issue 11 of the declared team sheets on the BSPA site

Rob Mear was declared in the programme for the match versus Coventry that was postponed. How do we know, because Lakeside issued a double programme for the fixtures against Birmingham and Coventry. As we know the changes were announced after the Birmingham match.

Great move by Cook our team now looks very good if Bridger and Swidders can find some consistency. If they do I think we will easily make the play offs then who knows from there. Well done all concerned

The rain may have just helped Lakeside though. After all, their team was illegal.

No, the rules apparently (I say apparently because it's not in the rule book!) say that if a riders EL fixture was programmed before his PL fixture he rides in the EL fixture - Jason Doyle rode at Lakeside for Brum a couple of weeks ago didn't he while Somerset had to sue a guest. So as Mears Lakeside meeting on Friday has been programmed since February and his PL meeting for only a week, the EL meeting takes priority.

I am not sure that rule that's not in the rule book applies. Fortunately the Mad Hatter will be hosting one of his tea parties behind the second bend burger bar on Monday and will be pleased to answer any queries on rules that are not in the rule book,

• Like 2

Have to make a mention that what cracking work by Lakeside to replace Kim Nillson & Robert Mear with Seb Ullamek & Kevin Doolan as this makes them the team to beat if they stay clear of injuries.