British Speedway Forum

I am not sure that rule that's not in the rule book applies. Fortunately the Mad Hatter will be hosting one of his tea parties behind the second bend burger bar on Monday and will be pleased to answer any queries on rules that are not in the rule book,

I'm with you on this. I think it's wrong and I don't see how Jason Doyle was allowed to ride at Lakeside for Birmingham but the fact that not 1 of the 4 teams involved/effected suggests there's a supplementary regulation somewhere.

I'm with you on this. I think it's wrong and I don't see how Jason Doyle was allowed to ride at Lakeside for Birmingham but the fact that not 1 of the 4 teams involved/effected suggests there's a supplementary regulation somewhere.

Not sure if there's an actual rule but the process is as follows:

PL takes precedence for published fixtures.

For re arranged fixture clashes the club which published the fixture first gets priority.

Not sure if there's an actual rule but the process is as follows:

PL takes precedence for published fixtures.

For re arranged fixture clashes the club which published the fixture first gets priority.

I think that is the answer, in fact I think someone posted to that effect on one of the other threads. Considering Brum took a league point out of that match it seems highly likely that Lakeside would have protested at Doyle's inclusion if it was illegal.

I think that is the answer, in fact I think someone posted to that effect on one of the other threads. Considering Brum took a league point out of that match it seems highly likely that Lakeside would have protested at Doyle's inclusion if it was illegal.

Right. So if Doyles inclusion was legal, it seems that the first fixture takes priority, for Mear, that was Lakesides meetings. Irrelevant now anyway.

Plus it's not a rule anyway, so Lakeside should have protested. It's just been made up by Birmingham and people seem to have believed it.

Right. So if Doyles inclusion was legal, it seems that the first fixture takes priority, for Mear, that was Lakesides meetings. Irrelevant now anyway.

Plus it's not a rule anyway, so Lakeside should have protested. It's just been made up by Birmingham and people seem to have believed it.

Just checked and it seems you already raised this point on the Lakeside -v- Brum Thread and somebody answered it by giving a link to the Somerset website that said Klindt had been booked to replace Doyle because EL fixtures take precedence over re-arranged Pl fixtures. I can't find it in the regulations either but it seems to be a process or convention as Pirate Nick suggests. I can check with the Mad Hatter if you like but he usually says discuss it with the nearest brick wall and the BSPA will abide by its decision.

Good to see Lewis Bridger's recent form being recognised with some bookings to ride for Grindsted in the Danish league this week!

http://www.lewisbridger.com/news

More rides he gets is a good thing been putting in the hard work has Lewis head is screwed on.

lewis done well in the playoff world cup

• Like 1

Think after Rico's death & becoming a father, Bridger seems to have grown up alot. Hes a good rider & we are now starting to see that

• Like 5

From the Lakeside website :-

The Vortex Lakeside Hammers have moved to bolster their challenge for a place in the Sky Sports Elite League Play Offs with the addition to the team of Rye House’s Tyson Nelson, who will make his debut this Friday, 26th July, in the home clash against King’s Lynn Stars.

Nelson, the 20 year old from Australia, joins the team as a Double Up rider replacing fellow Australian Kevin Doolan and will be under the guidance of the all time Hammers legend Andrew Silver.

Jon Cook, the Vortex Hammers co Promoter explained: “We feel we have reached the stage of the year where to reach the Play Offs we need a wildcard and Tyson is it. He’s in tremendous form of late and absolutely lit up the Raceway when he appeared for us as a guest in the match against Wolverhampton last month and I know the fans will be very excited about his addition to the team.

I would like to thank Len Silver from Rye House for agreeing to the move and also thank Kev (Doolan) for his efforts and his understanding of the situation.”

I am not sure what to make of this. Jon Cook does have a habit of signing riders on the basis of one decent meeting. Sometimes it works and sometimes it backfires. It didn't really work with Kyle LeGault and it looks like he is getting his fingers burned again with Seb Ulamek who overall has looked too slow for a third heatleader even when he gates. Still the Lakeside announcement is spot on when it says Tyson lit the Raceway up when he guested against Wolves and I hope he does well. Certainly seems to have talent. Kevin Doolan does seem to have gone off the boil.

The Pirates don't make any panic signings then!

Nelson is a doubling-up reserve who did well in his guest appearance - why not wait until you have more to go on before commenting negatively.

Oh yes we have a long history of panic signings and most of them don't work, just would have thought Doolan was still a better option at the moment.

I can understand forever blues point, to me Kevin was not given a whole lot if chances and I always felt he was brought in for his experience, Tyson has been riding well but it's a gamble.