British Speedway Forum

It was announced straight after the AGM that Lakeside were in negotiations with PK with permission of the Wolves management.

Wolves, similarly, announced after the AGM that they were negotiating with Wells courtesy of Coventry. Promoters generally have a good idea, for better or worse, who they're after before the AGM and just need the points limit and any other regulations confirmed before looking to firm up the deals. It's only once they get onto Plans B and C (or beyond!) that the trouble starts!

one ov Richie's toe nails is worth that alone,,,, bargain on 3.00

He would be an even better bargain on 3.00 but his converted PL average means he comes in on 3.47 (which is still a bargain).

no nemo next year?

No, but he could turn out to be a valuable PL guest at times when Richie is riding for Newcastle.

• Like 1

Shame Nemo has been discarded, at least he'll feel valued again at Leicester by Fans and the Promotion😄

(Worrall needs to hike his average up before you can use Nemo as a guest)

Edited by hurricanes

Shame Nemo has been discarded, at least he'll feel valued again at Leicester by Fans and the Promotion😄

(Worrall needs to hike his average up before you can use Nemo as a guest)

His average will jump to high 5s after a meeting or two. So it's going to happen.

Yawn Zzzz!

Yep, that's the exact effect that Kennett has on Lakeside supporters. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Just to add that apparently, his old man makes a complete dikhead of himself as well every time he comes to Lakeside.

Clearly, it runs in the family.

Yep, that's the exact effect that Kennett has on Lakeside supporters. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Just to add that apparently, his old man makes a complete dikhead of himself as well every time he comes to Lakeside.

Not just Lakeside apparently.

Really? In what way?

Really? In what way?

He is the original Big Mouth. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was the main reason for Ed's drop in form last year.

Very interesting the 1-7 announcement from Lakeside this morning but no fanfare regarding PK who is the no 1

So a deal has been agreed with PK but has it been agreed with Wolves, especially as Wolves haven't agreed with Woffinden?

PK was informed well in advance that he was not in the plans for 2013 at Wolves and it was announced in September that Lakeside had agreed with PK and Watt for next season. .... Tai will be signing for Wolves and even if he didn't, Wolves would have a different team line up which is why only 3 have been signed so far officially at Monmore Green.

LAKESIDE Management should take a bow for putting this team together as they have pulled of a Ford/Pratt move with Ritchie Worrall signing at reserve. .... Last year he averaged 6.06 from the 7 meetings he rode for Lakeside and will need just ONE away meeting before getting a new average which should see him move up to the main body and Kim Nilsson down to reserve with Robert Mear.

Their only short coming is his 5.78 PL average means they have wont have many options for a guest ... Tyson Nelson, Joe Haines, Henning Bager etc !!! .... Just hope when he gets a new average they dont replace him with a rider like Nieminen or Nermark

No, but he could turn out to be a valuable PL guest at times when Richie is riding for Newcastle.
Shame Nemo has been discarded, at least he'll feel valued again at Leicester by Fans and the Promotion .... (Worrall needs to hike his average up before you can use Nemo as a guest)

His average will no doubt move up in the PL but until it does the cover for him is very limited even when his EL average is higher than his PL average ..... Wolves are in the same situation with Ricky Wells averaging 5.79 in the EL but only 6.47 in the PL.

PK was informed well in advance that he was not in the plans for 2013 at Wolves and it was announced in September that Lakeside had agreed with PK and Watt for next season. .... Tai will be signing for Wolves and even if he didn't, Wolves would have a different team line up which is why only 3 have been signed so far officially at Monmore Green.

LAKESIDE Management should take a bow for putting this team together as they have pulled of a Ford/Pratt move with Ritchie Worrall signing at reserve. .... Last year he averaged 6.06 from the 7 meetings he rode for Lakeside and will need just ONE away meeting before getting a new average which should see him move up to the main body and Kim Nilsson down to reserve with Robert Mear.

Their only short coming is his 5.78 PL average means they have wont have many options for a guest ... Tyson Nelson, Joe Haines, Henning Bager etc !!! .... Just hope when he gets a new average they dont replace him with a rider like Nieminen or Nermark

His average will no doubt move up in the PL but until it does the cover for him is very limited even when his EL average is higher than his PL average ..... Wolves are in the same situation with Ricky Wells averaging 5.79 in the EL but only 6.47 in the PL.

I found your post confusing, initially, but it would appear that PL averages rule the day when seeking a PL guest. Of course, in this game we learn as we go along, but am I right? If so, I hope team managers and refs. are up to speed as well.

Edited by tocha

in the case of a double up rider, he obviously has an average in both leagues.

When he is uavailable for his Elite League club, you convert his Elite League average into a Premier League average by the formula set up last closed season. You can then book a Premier League guest having an average up to the converted average. The premier league average the said unavailable Elite League double upper has, is totally irrelevant.

For example, lets say Ritchie Worrall starts in the Elite League with say 3.00 and say 6.10 in the Premier League.

Worrall completes his required away meeting and gets a new Elite League average of say 5.95, still having a Prmier average of 6.10

Worrall becomes unavailable for a Lakeside meeting. His 5.95 Elite avarage converts to say 7.50 as a a premiier league average. Lakeside can now book any premier league guest having a premier league average up to 7.50, despite Woralls premier league average being only 6.10

Think back to last season. there were many examples of when the "senior" double up partner increased his average, this meant that his equivalent premier league converted average became higher and consequently, his double up partner was then changed to someone with a higher premier league average, supposedly a better rider than his previous partner.

Our two double uppers at Birmingham, Barker and Auty, remained constant throughout the season but, as their averages increased, (josh's in partticular), then their double up partner changed accordingly. So much so that it became difficult keeping track of just who their partners were!!!

Hope that clears up any confusion. !!!!

Why would Lakeside sign up one of Britains hottest young prospects as a FULL asset, only to dump him immediately he gets his new improved, higher average? Relax and enjoy his entertaining speedway progress.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

The doubling up rule quite frankly has been bought in with too many floors and loop holes in it.

Let's take your example for Ritchie Worral as an example. Should he gain a 5.95 EL average then why shouldn't they be able to use Josh Auty 5.79 as a guest ? ..... He has a lower EL average than Worrall.

If Auty was allowed to guest, the opposition could claim he is ineligable as his PL average is higher than Worrall's

As I was led to understand it after the Wolves talk in, only the Premier League average is used. Going on what you have posted, then riders doubling up will benefit from more guest boolkings if they keep their Premier League average low. Dropping a few points may lose them some money, but if it means more guest bookings, then its finacially worth doing !!

Riders should have ONE average ..... combine their PL scores with their EL scores to get one true average.

If for example a rider has scored 160 points in the PL from 80 rides, then using the conversion rate, that is the same as 96 EL points. In the EL he has scored 75 points from 60 rides, he therefore has 171 points from 140 ides to give him an average of 4.89. ..... No confusion, no squabbling over who fits who doesnt ..... one true average used.

• Like 1

If a double up rider the Premier League average is used I thought and if NOT a double up rider the EL avge is calculated into a PL avge with the /0.6 formula, when working out who can Guest from PL, I understood ?

Edited by hurricanes

If a double up rider the Premier League average is used I thought and if NOT a double up rider the EL avge is calculated into a PL avge with the /0.6 formula, when working out who can Guest from PL, I understood ?

That what I was told by CVS and Pete Adams. I even raised the point that Wolves will struggle to find guests when Rcky is unavailable. They believed with Ricky's form his PL average would soon go up. ..... It was even pointed out that Adam Roynon could NOT guest for Ricky Wells as Roynon had a higher PL average .... even though Ricky's EL average is 0.66 higher than Adam's.

There is one worry about these doubling up positions. Lets say Ricky crashes on the morning of a Bank Holiday riding in the PL. He therefore misses Wolves home meeting at night. .... They havent had chance to get a PL guest at short notice ..... if they have to operate R/R then where would it go ?

Wolves could be starting with Matej Kus and Jacob Thorssell at reserve and Ty Proctor even below Ricky in the averages .... does that mean r/r allows Adam, Ty, Matej and Jacob to take his rides ?

Or going on his PL average, Kus would have to move up and a junior bought in to ride at reserve as Kus and Proctor have higher PL averages ?

Which way does that go ?