British Speedway Forum

Just look at Gollob at the recent Monster Event in the USA for a demonstration.

Thats hardly an exciting type of race track, it is called SPEEDway, not slowWAY.....Polish lge speedway is great to watch, hence the huge crowds.

Thats hardly an exciting type of race track, it is called SPEEDway, not slowWAY.....Polish lge speedway is great to watch, hence the huge crowds.

1mph is a speed. 70mph is a speed. 1mph is slow. 70mph is fast. It's called SPEEDway which is 1mph or 70mph, not FASTway.

1mph is a speed. 70mph is a speed. 1mph is slow. 70mph is fast. It's called SPEEDway which is 1mph or 70mph, not FASTway.

Falling attendances in the UK would seem to indicate 'slow' is not the way. For many the result is not the trigger to attend, they want to be entertained, and 'follow the leader' tracks with one line are dull.

Falling attendances in the UK would seem to indicate 'slow' is not the way. For many the result is not the trigger to attend, they want to be entertained, and 'follow the leader' tracks with one line are dull.

A post written with such wisdom and insight that it could almost have come from KKS himself.

• Like 2

I see that details of 2013 Season Tickets are on the Lakeside website. Does anyone know the ticket prices for a one off meeting?

I see that details of 2013 Season Tickets are on the Lakeside website. Does anyone know the ticket prices for a one off meeting?

Its on the website under "Details".

Adult £17

Seniors, disabled, students £14

Unemployed £12

17-18years £12

Age6-16 £3

under6 free

Family ticket £37

The 'Details' also state Jon Cook is 'Team Manager'!

Falling attendances in the UK would seem to indicate 'slow' is not the way.

Since crowds of 30,000 used to watch Craven, Briggs and Fundin race "slowly" on deep tracks, but now we're lucky to get 1,500 watching today's stars on their rocketships, how do you justify your crazy assumption?

Maybe you need to engage your onions

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 1

More crap from the troll. :rofl:

• Like 1

Since crowds of 30,000 used to watch Craven, Briggs and Fundin race "slowly" on deep tracks, but now we're lucky to get 1,500 watching today's stars on their rocketships, how do you justify your crazy assumption?

Maybe you need to engage your onions

Its the small tracks in the UK that make it boring, its not the riders of today or the past. Lakeside, Eastbourne and Belle Vue hard silly little tracks and silly little crowds. I rest my case oh yee with heads in the sand.

Its the small tracks in the UK that make it boring, its not the riders of today or the past. Lakeside, Eastbourne and Belle Vue hard silly little tracks and silly little crowds. I rest my case oh yee with heads in the sand.

:lol::t::rofl::party::D:approve:

Well I didn't hear Stuart Douglas or Jon Cook moaning about our attendance last season.

But Rick Frost? Oh, what a different story.

Didn't qualify for the play-offs, then immediately threw his toys out the pram; blaming poor attendances as a potential reason for pulling out of Peterborough Speedway. He wasn't prepared to look closer to home and blame it on his rider selection; nor how many times a certain Dane was absent through other engagements or 'sickness'(?). Let's blame it on Peterborough's fans. What a joke.

You don't have a case to rest fella. A bag to keep your make-up in (and Trevor Swales's gallon drums of 'fake bake') maybe.

Sorry but being a regular at Eastbourne our crowds arent silly little ones The track may be small but does produce exciting racing at times Have to say that on my visit to Peterborough last year the crowd was preyyt dismal and the racing not much better too and that was both sides not just my team !!!

Eastbourne is just too narrow but Lakeside & Belle Vue can both be great race tracks when prepared properly.

Unfortunately Belle Vue hasn't been good for several years but at the Rico memorial Lakeside was excellent due to the rain generating some decent grip for a strong field. Have been to Arena Essex on a dozen or so occasions since the shape was changed to its current form and have of course seen it on Sky several times and generally its too slick....not saying you need a foot of dirt as that would of course be dangerous on such a tight track but when its rained and there's a bit more grip its a much better track. Its wide enough to have several lines when prepared right as we saw for the Rico meeting.

• Like 1

Sorry but being a regular at Eastbourne our crowds arent silly little ones The track may be small but does produce exciting racing at times Have to say that on my visit to Peterborough last year the crowd was preyyt dismal and the racing not much better too and that was both sides not just my team !!!

Thats because Eastbourne provide no opposition, 58-36 and 54-38 i believe. Lakeside were even worse, 61-32 and 57-36. How can that pull in crowds, its great to welcome teams like Poole who at least give it a good go on their travels.

Well I didn't hear Stuart Douglas or Jon Cook moaning about our attendance last season.

But Rick Frost? Oh, what a different story.

Didn't qualify for the play-offs, then immediately threw his toys out the pram; blaming poor attendances as a potential reason for pulling out of Peterborough Speedway. He wasn't prepared to look closer to home and blame it on his rider selection; nor how many times a certain Dane was absent through other engagements or 'sickness'(?). Let's blame it on Peterborough's fans. What a joke.

You don't have a case to rest fella. A bag to keep your make-up in (and Trevor Swales's gallon drums of 'fake bake') maybe.

How can they moan, they never had big crowds in the first place. When Sky pull the plug, we will see those that go to the wall. P'boro have NO debts, that cant be said of some in the elite lge.