British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Workington V Berwick - Outstanding Fixture

Is this a fact, or a guess?

Those of us who want to be there need to make travel plans.

Only thing is, if Berwick get to Play-off Final, their only possible home date for it would be -- 27th October!

It's listed on the Workington website fixture list (wasn't the other day) and also on the BSPA fixture listings.

Do Berwick only have the one permitted race night? why do you mention that it's their only possible date?

Only thing is, if Berwick get to Play-off Final, their only possible home date for it would be -- 27th October!

no worrys there berwick are not in the playoffs

It's listed on the Workington website fixture list (wasn't the other day) and also on the BSPA fixture listings.

Do Berwick only have the one permitted race night? why do you mention that it's their only possible date?

apart from saturdays i think the only option for berwick is wednesdays and they can only run on that night a small number of times 3 i think it is and they have had 1 allready

no worrys there berwick are not in the playoffs

apart from saturdays i think the only option for berwick is wednesdays and they can only run on that night a small number of times 3 i think it is and they have had 1 allready

Four.

Its on Bandits Website ,and if we get to the Play-offs Finals it will be the put back to the 28th at Worky

Its on Bandits Website ,and if we get to the Play-offs Finals it will be the put back to the 28th at Worky

Think you will find its 27th

Think you will find its 27th

In the context that we don't get to the play-off Final yes .Otherwise 28th

thought you knew everything?? :)
  • Like 1

In the context that we don't get to the play-off Final yes .Otherwise 28th

Its in BSPA Site Fixs as provisional either Berwick home PCTFinal or Away Workington PL. Dont suppose given costs these days either club would mind if league fixture was never run!

Its in BSPA Site Fixs as provisional either Berwick home PCTFinal or Away Workington PL. Dont suppose given costs these days either club would mind if league fixture was never run!

The Berwick website states 27th if we dont qualify or Sun 28th if we do qualify,so unless the weather puts it off it looks like it will be run.Bearing in mind Workington will get fined if the don't complete their fixtures they will try to run it IMO

the only issue with not running is it would leave the door open for other clubs to say its not fair that they were made to run pointless fixtures at end of season at extra cost

but i agree if both clubs had a choice i would think it would be dropped

the only issue with not running is it would leave the door open for other clubs to say its not fair that they were made to run pointless fixtures at end of season at extra cost

but i agree if both clubs had a choice i would think it would be dropped

I would agree with you.

Would be quite fitting if the Comets possible last ever match was againrt Berwick as the Comets opened against Berwick in the 70's and I am almost certain it was Berwick again in the 90's!

• Like 2

Would be quite fitting if the Comets possible last ever match was againrt Berwick as the Comets opened against Berwick in the 70's and I am almost certain it was Berwick again in the 90's!

It would be even more fitting if Comets v Bandits was the opening fixture of the 2014 season at Derwent Park....even though it will probably rain!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

It would be even more fitting if Comets v Bandits was the opening fixture of the 2014 season at Derwent Park....even though it will probably rain!!!!!!!!!!

Even better if it was 2013.

• Like 1

could even be brewicks last meeting... ever. .... now that would be fitting . eh.