British Speedway Forum

I'd be happy if Tom Young starts the season, see how he goes.. Charles Wright wouldn't be a bad alternative.

Edited by Albert

Benji Compton wants to comeback in the PL...loves the Scunny track...

Be with the mighty Tigers by may!!!

If we ditch Douglas bring in Tom young that gives us 6.3 approximate to play with puts MPT at reserve and leaves us quite strong at the top end and at reserve just a thought glad it ain't my decision but a way forward

If we ditch Douglas bring in Tom young that gives us 6.3 approximate to play with puts MPT at reserve and leaves us quite strong at the top end and at reserve just a thought glad it ain't my decision but a way forward

to even think about ditching douglas is total madness and thats not the pop group :lol:

• Like 1

For any team looking for a 3 pointer they could take a look at Ben Morley he has invested heavily in a new engine and obtained an average with bonus points of around 4 .30 when riding for the Rockets last season... I know he is very keen to ride in the Premier League this season and will not be adversely effected by date clashes Any promoter wishing to contact Ben who will give 110% for them and can be contacted on email - Benjaminmorley19@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by waco

For any team looking for a 3 pointer they could take a look at Ben Morley he has invested heavily in a new engine and obtained an average with bonus points of around 4 .30 when riding for the Rockets last season... I know he is very keen to ride in the Premier League this season and will not be adversely effected by date clashes Any promoter wishing to contact Ben who will give 110% for them and can be contacted on email - Benjaminmorley19@hotmail.co.uk

Good post there Waco.

Ben does ride the Eddie Wright Raceway very well as proof when finishing second to Thomas Jorgensen in the Rob Woffinden memorial trophy in 2011 when only 16 years old. As you said Ben always gives 100% & is always on the pace giving all his opponents a good race. I remember Ben taking the noticeable scalps of Leicester's Kauko Niemenen & Mickael Karlsson when scoring 6 + 1 during the meeting at Rye House in August.

Ben was also very unlucky not to claim the Bronze helmet at the end of the season when clearly leading Ashley Birks, only for machine trouble on the 3rd lap to deny him the win.

He also rode well in the end of season Premier League play off for Newcastle against Somerset on a very greasy track beating Alex Davies & James Wright in the process.

Hopefully promoters at a loose end will look to Ben if they need cover for anyone who may be unfortunately curtailed by injury.

• Like 1

With 4.3 to play with, it will not be a foreigner but the translater is for the dialect of the new rider. If he is a NL rider, is it a 2x conversion from NL to PL giving a CMA of 8.6 NL to use or has the conversion rates changed?

!st choice......Tom Young.The lad surely deserves a chance after last years performance for the Saints.And isn't that what the saints is/was supposed to be about.

Good post there Waco.

Ben does ride the Eddie Wright Raceway very well as proof when finishing second to Thomas Jorgensen in the Rob Woffinden memorial trophy in 2011 when only 16 years old. As you said Ben always gives 100% & is always on the pace giving all his opponents a good race. I remember Ben taking the noticeable scalps of Leicester's Kauko Niemenen & Mickael Karlsson when scoring 6 + 1 during the meeting at Rye House in August.

Ben was also very unlucky not to claim the Bronze helmet at the end of the season when clearly leading Ashley Birks, only for machine trouble on the 3rd lap to deny him the win.

He also rode well in the end of season Premier League play off for Newcastle against Somerset on a very greasy track beating Alex Davies & James Wright in the process.

Hopefully promoters at a loose end will look to Ben if they need cover for anyone who may be unfortunately curtailed by injury.

Is Ben a Rye House asset ?

Reading Rob's latest musings in the local rag he seems to have someone in mind who is presently unattached and wants him to commit to Scunthorpe as a club asset.

Latest news indicates the last piece in the Scorpions jigsaw will be announced on Thursday 7th Feb (to coincide with the publishing days for both the Speedway Star and the Scunthorpe Telegraph).

Typical of Rob's sense of "humour" it's "subject to finding a suitable interpreter". ;)

Edited by EC Rides Again