British Speedway Forum

Another attempt now riders have started being announced by other teams.

With rob saying he wants to keep the core with maybe only 1 or 2 changes

Team 1

Howe

Auty

Birks

Toft

Jorgensen

Irving

Armstrong

(unlike some i think Tom could be a good rider depending on how he does down under this winter)

This team only has 1 change but is reliant on tom getting back to full mental fitness

Looks like i wasnt far out just Instead of Tom we have Ryan douglas.

Im happy with the team effectively we have just Swapped ryan for Nick but think we will be stronger with David and Thomas fit than with guests and RR so roll on march!!

Decent team - every chance of improvement from maybe as many as 6 of those riders.

Very best of luck to Scunny for next season. There's no doubt its one of the best racing tracks in the country, the club has probably the best development facilities in Britain and its a model for any new speedway team.

They also have a promoter whose views are at least somewhat in tune with the ordinary fan, his remarks in Speedway Star being subject to favourable comment by members of this forum.

• Like 6

Happy with the team...big welcome back to the 2012 Scorps...and a massive welcome to Ryan Douglas, looks like a great prospect, good luck to the lad.

• Like 1

Delighted to have our six Champions back to defend their title in 2013 plus Ryan Douglas. I have to say that it has to be a long long time since a championship winning team has survived to ride again. Usually the winners are broken up and reduced to the lowest common denominatior. This season the holding champions will go to every track as CHAMPIONS defending. Sorry to loose Morra but he has left us with a legacy by recommending Flyin Ryan Douglas and to be honest I cannot wait for March to come around and getting back down the EWR. Thanks Rob for your work for Scunthorpe speedway at the AGM, speedway in general and for declaring this super seven for 2013. Happy Christmas bud and to all Scorpions,

Very happy with that line up. Don't know anything about Ryan Douglas but adds to the asset base and sounds like a good prospect.

Should make for another great season at the EWR.

good luck for 2013 loved my visit there this season past, good racing decent pint proper speedway.

• Like 1

I'm, chuffed to bits with this team. All my favourite riders back from 2012. Brilliant.!!! Thanks a million Rob! I'm already excited for next year as 2012 was just awesome and we could be in for another season like it. A huge welcome to Ryan into the Scunny speedway family, I'm sure he'll fit in with the lads.

A decent side.

The one thing that springs to mind is that the team has a lot of potential.

Is it a championship winning team?

Not to sure of that, but they could well be there or there abouts.

Continuity will please all Scorpions fans.

A healthy full season from David Howe will more than make up for loss of Nick Morriss.

Reserves will have to go some to replicate what Toft/Birks managed in 2012.

Pleased to see a full team signed up nice and early.

Very good side. Further improvement from Jorgensen and Palm Toft could see another playoff victory.

At the risk of giving him yet another job, any chance of Rob Godfrey on the mic ?

Heard him once last season and his droll humour was bloody priceless.

At the risk of giving him yet another job, any chance of Rob Godfrey on the mic ?

Heard him once last season and his droll humour was bloody priceless.

Depend i think how is audition for next years x-factor goes

• Like 1