British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Scunthorpe (play-offs) - Friday, October 5th (7.30pm)

Also with Josh being half fit anyway and the meeting well and truly lost,what the hell was he doing being given a RR ride,same to Nick,meeting won,had to ride 5 meeting on the trot,all play offs,what the hell was he doing in heat 15!!!!

Its fair to say he was giving them the chance to earn money,riders wont turn it down ,they could have said give the reserve the ride!!!

Earning money?? But seriously, injury can happen to any rider at any time - you can't wrap them in cotton wool!

No but when you got important meeting coming up for both clubs is it worth the risk when no need to?? one swindon rider with 5 meeting on the trot and hes given ht 15,doesnt seem right to me

Oh dear points tonight now look in doubt, but good look to the Scorpions-or alternative chuck it down with rain all weekend. :lol:

No but when you got important meeting coming up for both clubs is it worth the risk when no need to?? one swindon rider with 5 meeting on the trot and hes given ht 15,doesnt seem right to me

Lets face it the riders don't think like that its just another race and a chance to earn. You take a risk when you get out of your bed in themorning IMO :D

Earning money?? But seriously, injury can happen to any rider at any time - you can't wrap them in cotton wool!

That's the unfortunate truth.

Nick would have jumped at the chance at a Heat 15 in a TV match - a chance to show what he's capable of. Plus some extra dosh - an extra ride at EL level is lucrative. And 5 meetings on the trot in 5 days would be no problem to Nick - he's a young, fit lad.

At the end of the day, it's just bad luck.

There's no point in trying to point the finger and blame someone, you just have to get on with it. Nothing is over yet; there's nothing to stop us scoring points from tonight's meeting.

All the best

Rob Peasley

• Like 1

Oh dear points tonight now look in doubt, but good look to the Scorpions-or alternative chuck it down with rain all weekend. :lol:

A fine,dry and cold day forecast for tomorrow in Worky and the same in Scunny on Sunday, lets hope it stays that way :wink::D

There's no point in trying to point the finger and blame someone, you just have to get on with it. Nothing is over yet; there's nothing to stop us scoring points from tonight's meeting.

All the best

Rob Peasley

I think the key man in the meeting is actually Tabaka. Scunthorpe have had terrible luck and to be without Howe, Auty, Morris and Jorgensen is just about unprecedented. However they have reasonable replacements and good reserves to cover.

It all depends on Tabaka, who crashed at Ipswich and hurt his hand again. He's says he is riding and he scored a maximum in his last home meeting, but if he proves not to be up to it then Palm Toft and Irving will run riot.

A final between full strength Newcastle and Scunthorpe teams, the best two over the season, would be a cracker. It's a pity it won't happen.

A final between full strength Newcastle and Scunthorpe teams, the best two over the season, would be a cracker. It's a pity it won't happen.

Totally agree. Newcastle with the Worralls and Scunthorpe with Howe. Jorgensen et al would have been mouth-watering.

Also with Josh being half fit anyway and the meeting well and truly lost,what the hell was he doing being given a RR ride,same to Nick,meeting won,had to ride 5 meeting on the trot,all play offs,what the hell was he doing in heat 15!!!!

He probably said yes when asked

Interesting to see Nick Morris in the pits at torun this afternoon looks ok to me

Looking OK and being OK are two different things.

My 8 yr old daughter had a bad fall in the school playground this week, she "looks OK" , but I've had to carry her to and from the toilet all week !

• Like 1

He's definately not ok.

Takle a look at a slow motion replay of last nights crash.

He is not fit to ride, and thats unfortunate. To suggest he has other motives is ludicrous.

The fact is, the Swindon rider doesn't have 5 meetings on the trot.

Pearson's bellowing focussed on whether he would be fit for Monday, and the Swindon website has:

"Boss Alun Rossiter said: “Nick now has a sore neck and very stiff back, and he’s also suffered a chipped tooth, and I have to say unfortunately he’s a major doubt for Monday.

“We’ll monitor him over the next few days and hopefully he’ll be feeling better, but it’s a big worry for us at this stage.”

It's the nature of the game - if he had been at Edinburgh tonight & got injured, you wouldn't think "Oh no, the Elite League Play Off Final on Monday!"

It's the nature of the game - if he had been at Edinburgh tonight & got injured, you wouldn't think "Oh no, the Elite League Play Off Final on Monday!"

No i wouldnt,but tonight is an importnat meeting,last nights ht15 wasnt...that was the point of my post

No i wouldnt,but tonight is an importnat meeting,last nights ht15 wasnt...that was the point of my post

Not to Swindon it's not - based on the quote from Rossiter. Add to that the confidence boost of giving a Heat 15 ride to Morris (it happens all the time at all levels in one-sided matches) and the chance to earn some more EL money.......

Also, the reason Morris took the gig was because he wasn't getting enough rides for Swindon (quoted in the Speedway Star art the time of signing), so in his mind he's a Swindon rider with a second job.

• Like 1