British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Referee Just Bottled Semi Decision

Whatever Whatever Whatever Chris Holder is world Champion 2012 Woo Hoo oh yeah Get over it wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo :drink::party:

• Like 1

if nicki had fallen at the first point of contact i would of said all 4 back or even nicki to a dive but he didnt ,they touched and then were 2 foot apart when holder lifted and run into the side of pedersen causing him to fall

on another note last night proved when done right speedway is the greatest sport on the planet

You've summed up the incident perfectly there.

I have doubts that Pedersen would have taken full advantage of any Holder exclusion anyway, he simply wasn't going well enough. However, Ackroyd's decision was an absolute shocker.

Holder's front wheel waso ff the ground and he was running straight across the corner, exclusion every day of the week to any ref with a modicum of bottle.

Edited by frigbo

If Pedersen had done what the aussie did he would have been excluded. No danger

A good transvestite ???

I don't like him but that's a bit harsh !

:-)

First of all what the heck did James Holder and Jack Holder doing down there?

He, James started the aggro nor Nicki or Chris Holder.

Decision.

Bang, bang two times did Holder slam into Nicki.

Holder should have been excluded for stopping the race.

Afterwards both Nicki and Chris were shaking hands - big sportsmen!

Right decision, the title was won on the track.

• Like 1

Right decision, the title was won on the track.

No it wasn't since one rider should have been excluded and thus interfered with the other riders chances of winning the title.

What you are saying is that if two riders are fighting for the championship and the one leading violates the rules, he should not be excluded?

Had it only been the first incident, ok then all 4 back could possible have worked but it with the second incident as well, where Chris were

out of control and slammed into to Nicki that really should have resulted in an exclusion for Holder.

The mere fact that so many people have different views of the initial incident just goes to show that referee Ackroyd was absolutely right to put all four back. Unless it was an open and shut case, which it plainly wasn't, then to exclude either would have been wrong. And would anyone have wanted to see such an exciting and pulsating season end that way?

But it was. Red rider knocking off Blue rider = red rider excluded unless, red rider leads the championship.

• Like 2

Unless it was an open and shut case, which it plainly wasn't, then to exclude either would have been wrong. And would anyone have wanted to see such an exciting and pulsating season end that way?

So rules are not so important when "big" enough incidents happen on track?

Nevermind... ;)

So rules are not so important when "big" enough incidents happen on track?

Nevermind... ;)

The old boys club of Speedway closing ranks again. How could a publication possibly criticise a referee! ;)

Agree, there was no reason why Holder's brothers should have got involved but let's remember the context of the whole thing and what was on the line.

Typical suck up to Holder from the media and blame Nicki. The context is irrelevant, Holder's hanger-on's had no place on the track.

The mere fact that so many people have different views of the initial incident just goes to show that referee Ackroyd was absolutely right to put all four back. Unless it was an open and shut case, which it plainly wasn't, then to exclude either would have been wrong. And would anyone have wanted to see such an exciting and pulsating season end that way?

Rubbish, half the people on here saying the referee was right are only doing so because they are Poole or Holder fans, nearly all neutrals, just like the international speedway riders last night, are all calling it that Holder was fortunate to be back in.

ONE thing is for sure: if Nicki had walked straight passed Chris and back to the pits there wouldn't have been any aggro. No doubt in my mind that Nicki was determined to try and wind Chris up and it almost worked.

So you know what was said do you??....or are you jumping to conclusions??

Typical suck up to Holder from the media and blame Nicki. The context is irrelevant, Holder's hanger-on's had no place on the track.

Rubbish, half the people on here saying the referee was right are only doing so because they are Poole or Holder fans, nearly all neutrals, just like the international speedway riders last night, are all calling it that Holder was fortunate to be back in.

You really need to get over yourself and recognise that just because somebody holds a different opinion to you doesn't automatically make them wrong.

I am not a Poole or especially a Holder fan, in fact Nicki P is probably my favourite rider but I never thought it was a clear cut decision and on review think the ref made the correct call. Clearly my opinion is not as important as yours (in your mind) but I'm pretty sure this forum is here so I can state it.

• Like 7

Just back from Torun and I agree with the majority of posters. Holder lost control on the first turn and as a consequence knocked off Pedersen. It wasn't deliberate, but it was his fault. No other riders were involved so how it can be called first bend bunching is beyond me.

Having said that I have no beef with Chris Holder being world champ - he is the best in the world right now. Historically, I expect this incident to be seen in the same light as the Nielsen/Knudsen incident of 1986. Holder was lucky to get away with it on Saturday, but he is thoroughly deserving of the title and few of us would begrudge him it.

Edited by falcace

No it wasn't since one rider should have been excluded and thus interfered with the other riders chances of winning the title.

What you are saying is that if two riders are fighting for the championship and the one leading violates the rules, he should not be excluded?

Had it only been the first incident, ok then all 4 back could possible have worked but it with the second incident as well, where Chris were

out of control and slammed into to Nicki that really should have resulted in an exclusion for Holder.

But it was. Red rider knocking off Blue rider = red rider excluded unless, red rider leads the championship.

NO it wasn't. If your view yes, but in the view of just as many others it wasn't Holder's fault.

So you know what was said do you??....or are you jumping to conclusions??

WELL I was standing about three feet away, so to answer your question: yes

ANd you know that how?

• Like 2