British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Referee Just Bottled Semi Decision

been doing it since 2003 ....... should be nothing new for the grammar police :P

i'm sure there are better things to worry about :blink:

Yep,not worried,carry on.....just having a jest......

Think the `Bow has won again.... :D

grammar police and trolling

you are on a roll ;):P

I`m hamming it up :lol::P

Yep,not worried,carry on.....just having a jest......

Think the `Bow has won again.... :D

I`m hamming it up :lol::P

careful Nicki gets half his rep from hamming things up ...... and look what he won tonight .....

careful Nicki gets half his rep from hamming things up ...... and look what he won tonight .....

I know,the tears are running down my leg. :wink::o:P

• Like 1

What a prat holder is and as for his crew...

Well. The word bellend comes to mind

• Like 1

Foreign referees take some stick but they would at least have stepped up and made the call that needed to be made and excluded Holder. He lifted, ran wide and took Pedersen out. Nicki had made the jump and got in front of Holder quite legitimately, Holder should have backed off and conceded the corner if he didn't want to be .

Another Mr Magoo!!

Holder ran wide you say - very interesting view considering his front wheel was on the grass going into the corner!

• Like 1

Like it or not Chris Holder shouldve been excluded last night,the referee hid behind the first turn ruling which probably got him out of having to make a massive decision,had the accident happened on any other part of the track Holder wouldve gone,no doubt about that.

You can clearly see Holder is in front when he hits Pedersen, after Pedersen has tried to put him on the centre green - yet another instance of him riding into other riders rather than racing the track.

Correct decision; all four back - simple as.

• Like 3

Have to say that the ref got this decision spot on. Nicki clamped him down going into the bend - they touched almost forcing Chris onto the grass - he hit a wet bit as a result straightened up and the rest is history. Would have been harsh to exclude anyone.

• Like 4

After watching replay after replay after replay some nuggets are still coming to the conclusion that Holder should have been excluded. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

1, Pedersen wasn't in front into the first turn.

2, Contact was made right on the cusp of the first turn which caused Holder to lift. Can you others not see that???????

3, If you did see that, it's all 4 back in any meeting is it not??????

Dear o'dear

Some are quite clearly just up for an argument just because they can and don't have balls big enough to admit they've called it wrong.

Edited by screamer
  • Like 8

I did not see the grand prix last night, but i was reading what has been put on this site, people saying holder should of been excluded, reading this and reading that all four back i thought it may of been a close decision............ well just seen utube clip............How the hell did the ref get that one wrong

• Like 1

Have to say that the ref got this decision spot on. Nicki clamped him down going into the bend - they touched almost forcing Chris onto the grass - he hit a wet bit as a result straightened up and the rest is history. Would have been harsh to exclude anyone.

Blimey Steve O! Fair play to you! I expected you to side on the numpties that are too jaded and bitter to see what Pedersen actually did!

Just a note to those saying Holder should have "shut off" if he had done that on the first turn he'd have lost all traction and wiped everyone out! Pedersen gave him absolutely no choice what so ever! Nice to see Holder finally get one over on Nicki after Cardiff last year! As for Pedersen and holders crew! No matter what Holders little brother said to Nicki for him to push a kid was bang out of order! If it had been my little brother that had got pushed I would have started on him!

• Like 2

We see it in every meeting. A rider doing something that will hopefully gain then that extra bit. NP did no different that riders do every meeting. Holder was very lucky not to go.

I was reminded this morning by a good friend that thirty years ago, Bruce Penhall and Kenny Carter had an incident which virtually won and lost a world title, and that people are still arguing about that decision.

No doubt last night's semi-final will be getting dragged up, debated and argued about in 2042.

But what matters is that this week's Speedway Star will report that Chris Holder is World Champion, just as Bruce Penhall was in 1982.

imo. nicki clamped holder , fair and legal move, but it did cause "FIRST BEND BUNCHING" riders went down , i dont believe intentionally, and quite rightly the ref put all four back, on his walk back nicki (who wasnt that quick on the night ) tried a few mind games with chris, again nothing wrong in that and all good for the cameras and chris took it well, until, his brothers got involved and flared the situation out of control, they should not be in pits unless mechanicing, let alone on track, the utmost respect should go to jason who took chris away and settled him.

imo the ref let the title on track, some refs want the glory to theirselves, craig didnt and was right call imo
Edited by brewer
  • Like 7