British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Workington V Ipswich Lc S/f 13/10

hey ippo fans. result COULD be done via a count back System. agg scores AFTER heat 9. looks like YOU may Be OUT.

That would be the most stupid choice of all choices to decide who goes through......of course that probably makes it most likely!!

That would be the most stupid choice of all choices to decide who goes through......of course that probably makes it most likely!!

its a pritty fair 1 when you think about it but i would say the meeting would have to run to ht 12 to be classed a result

if 1 meeting goes the full distance then the other only gets to heat 12 the team with 15 heats at home has a home advantage so in future aggregate score meetings maybe it should worked out on the same amount of heats

but in this case i would expect ipswich to progress to the final with no protest from the workington management

its a pritty fair 1 when you think about it but i would say the meeting would have to run to ht 12 to be classed a result

if 1 meeting goes the full distance then the other only gets to heat 12 the team with 15 heats at home has a home advantage so in future aggregate score meetings maybe it should worked out on the same amount of heats

but in this case i would expect ipswich to progress to the final with no protest from the workington management

You cant just disregard heats that have been raced!!

If we are going for silly make up rules you could say to call a meeting you need 12 heats so to call a 2 leg cup match you need 24 heats - we had 24 heats so the result stands!!

That would be stupid but more sensible thatn deleting 6 heats that have been raced.

If this is the way forward for speedway the sport will become more of a laughing stock to outsiders. Also If results are to be awarded by the weather I can see delaying tactics coming into play by the side ahead if the weather starts to look dodgy. On the other side will love to know how Workington can fit a possible 5 home meetings into 2 weeks :-)

Were the rugby team at home yesterday?? Seems daft starting a double header only 30mins before the normal start time.

• Like 1

Worky should go through on the Duckworth-Lewis system ;) - but whether they want to is another question :blink:

You cant just disregard heats that have been raced!!

If we are going for silly make up rules you could say to call a meeting you need 12 heats so to call a 2 leg cup match you need 24 heats - we had 24 heats so the result stands!!

That would be stupid but more sensible thatn deleting 6 heats that have been raced.

thatrs what i said for this to happen 12 hts shoul have been run then take the result of the other back to 12 but its a rule for the future not 1 to be brought in after the meetings have taken place

If this is the way forward for speedway the sport will become more of a laughing stock to outsiders. Also If results are to be awarded by the weather I can see delaying tactics coming into play by the side ahead if the weather starts to look dodgy. On the other side will love to know how Workington can fit a possible 5 home meetings into 2 weeks :-)

the promotion dont want to

thatrs what i said for this to happen 12 hts shoul have been run then take the result of the other back to 12 but its a rule for the future not 1 to be brought in after the meetings have taken place

the promotion dont want to

Crap Scarra, Why?

I'm sure whatever prehistoric rule the powers that be dig up or invent will no doubt coincide with what Worky want out of it !

It's been a nothing going right season for the Witches from the Anglian cup opener against Rye back in March so why would now be any different ? ( cynical side of me coming out again )

ok then, lets do the tried and trusted method that has served the bspa so well in the past... DRAW IT OUT OF A HAT. .. seems fair to me.. how about you..`

ok then, lets do the tried and trusted method that has served the bspa so well in the past... DRAW IT OUT OF A HAT. .. seems fair to me.. how about you..`

Doesn't really matter how it's done , I'm sure Ipswich will lose out !

Crap Scarra, Why?

from the horses mouth im affraid they cant afford the meetings it would mean running all double ot even tripple headers

So according to this proposal, if the first leg was abandoned after 12 heats, then the second leg would also only be run over 12 heats, even if it was possible to complete the full fifteen ?

Do you believe the fans going to the second leg would consider a predetermined twelve heat match as value for money ?

Being polite I'd suggest this proposal to be based on flawed logic.

Edited by cyclone

one decision the correct one---------- abandoned before heat 12 so complete meeting to be rerun i believe. Somehow i dont think this will happen am looking forward to the concocted bollocks that will be announced on monday.

Tossers tossing up, ....sorry BSPA. Alphabetical order I before W ...C before W ....Louis works for Sky Denham doesnt .....Eating contest between announcers thats a fix.......where does it rain less thats not fair.

Only fair way over 15 heats all other methods deny the fans whether they are Witches or Comets or Workington or Ipswich.

Walter Mitty rules ok

• Like 1

Worky should go through on the Duckworth-Lewis system ;) - but whether they want to is another question :blink:

Eminently sensible - extrapolate the result from that part of the meeting already run.

I'd love to see the working out, but at a guess, I'd say the Comets go through 53 - 37 for a 4 point aggregate victory.