British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

So, hello from my remote island from where I keep my beady eye on things thanks to the miracle of wireless communication - still seen as something of a marvel in these far flung parts, when it works.

I see the Hunters will once again be in Division 2.

The versatile Mr Taylor seems to have located a new supplier of good quality cinders.

So good luck for a great season at Blackbird Road, and you never know I could get the Norton out and head down there for a Friday night 'ere long!!

All this talk of Hunters, cinders, and Blackbird Road makes me come over all nostalgic. :t:

Happy, happy days, despite the short trousers :rofl:

Does anybody know if Adam Roynon will be fit for the start of the season?

Does anybody know if Adam Roynon will be fit for the start of the season?

Adam says in Speedway Star Interview this week that he's making good progress and will be ready by start of March

• Like 1

Adam says in Speedway Star Interview this week that he's making good progress and will be ready by start of March

thats good,I'm really looking forward to seeing him ride for the Lions.

Don't suppose it's really the right thread for it but it was sad to read in the Star of the on-going plight,16 months on from his accident, of ex-Lion John Oliver. Unfortunate for him that he was in such a weak team as his battling qualities and spirit would have kept him his spot in almost any other team i think. Made a great impression on my youngsters with his efforts at showmanship. I remember him making my kids day when they got one of his caps that he was walking around the stadium throwing into the crowd. A proper battler who deserved a little bit of luck. Hopefully he'll get the luck he deserves in the future.

Edited by volty
  • Like 2

Yes, still eligible for free entry and she doesn't even have to limbo under the turnstiles as we are allowed in through the main gate. :D

I know some people have their own views about dogs at speedway stadiums and I have mine so we'll just have to agree to disagree. At least it changed the subject from moaning about the track or the promotion at Leicester so I achieved my object when I posted about the dog. I knew it would get a reaction. :P

Well here's a first - quoting my own post. :D I just wondered if this link would work as it is a photo of Molly's first speedway meeting when she was 9 weeks old in 2005. http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Don't think she looks bovvered does she?

You'll have to excuse me while I try out some technology.

Edited by Gemini

Main reason is for company on the journey from Leicester to Coventry as I'm on my own and feel safer with a dog if the car broke down.

Like many dog owners, especially those of advancing years, you really are barmy.

Buy a more reliable car, have it serviced properly and you'll be fine.

Well here's a first - quoting my own post. :D I just wondered if this link would work as it is a photo of Molly's first speedway meeting when she was 9 weeks old in 2005. http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Don't think she looks bovvered does she?

You'll have to excuse me while I try out some technology.

Getting a bit off-topic now, but I like the photo with Molly watching the sheepdog trials on TV!!

• Like 1

Like many dog owners, especially those of advancing years, you really are barmy.

Buy a more reliable car, have it serviced properly and you'll be fine.

Thanks Shadders. Just need Squall now for the Darcy and Chris pair.

There is nothing wrong with my car and it gets serviced every year so hopefully it won't break down but you never know do you as it's now 11 years old. Would be nice to have a new one but hey ho we can't always get what we want and have to make do. I'm not barmy either and am probably a more kind hearted and thoughtful person than you are because most dog owners are.

I love my dogs and am proud of the fact I can take them anywhere - train, boat, walk round any city centre when on holiday and know they will always behave themselves, unlike some humans.

• Like 4

Thanks Shadders. Just need Squall now for the Darcy and Chris pair.

There is nothing wrong with my car and it gets serviced every year so hopefully it won't break down but you never know do you as it's now 11 years old. Would be nice to have a new one but hey ho we can't always get what we want and have to make do. I'm not barmy either and am probably a more kind hearted and thoughtful person than you are because most dog owners are.

I love my dogs and am proud of the fact I can take them anywhere - train, boat, walk round any city centre when on holiday and know they will always behave themselves, unlike some humans.

Hope you are not referring to some speedway fans Gem :t:

At one time I thought all speedway fans were lovely people but that view has changed over the years. You certainly get your eyes opened on here as to what some of them are really like.

• Like 4

At one time I thought all speedway fans were lovely people but that view has changed over the years. You certainly get your eyes opened on here as to what some of them are really like.

You have to make allowances for a grumpy old postman who was probably bitten on the bum by Fido, who was trying to make him smile on his round :P

• Like 1

You have to make allowances for a grumpy old postman who was probably bitten on the bum by Fido, who was trying to make him smile on his round :P

Leg and hand actually.... And not so much of the old thank you!!!

So, anyone who's not a dog lover isn't a lovely person?

You really are barking aren't you!

Yes indeed, you will find a few that 'grow a pair' when they are tucked up safe behind a keyboard. Just ignore them.... :t:
  • Like 1