British Speedway Forum

well if you are happy with Tai good luck to you , I personally cant see why he is even considered to be worthy . and from my own point of view there are now no british riders in the GP so I'm not really interested in watching it and like many more I suspect wont be going to Cardiff

SO you only went to see Chris Harris?

• Like 2

Currently I don't think there is a British rider deserving of GP status. I'm very hopeful of Craig Cook and Richie Worrall for the future and would certainly be giving them as much top end experience as possible, it seems to me to be pointless including riders in the world cup team who you know too well are out of their depth (Bridger and Kennett especially). Having said that, It's nice to still have some interest, a GP series consisting entirely of foreign riders would be of no interest to me.

well if you are happy with Tai good luck to you , I personally cant see why he is even considered to be worthy . and from my own point of view there are now no british riders in the GP so I'm not really interested in watching it and like many more I suspect wont be going to Cardiff

Well - for those unhappy with Tai - we should have a proper qualifying System like they did years ago. That way Riders would Qualify if they were good enough and if they weren't - TOUGH!!

Gifting people places on a whim does NOT seem to me to be the right or fair way to arrive at a World Champion. BUT - this is Speedway. :sad: :sad:

• Like 2

They were the obvious 4 tbh....MJJ may have snucked in but his performance in the GP challenge and suspect UK form probably blew that for him allowing Tai the nod to be the UK entry..

As much as I like Tai as a rider,the way BSI stated his case(good league form and a good world cup playoff)was a tad embarrassing.Compare it to Jepson jensens credentials (probable world u21 champion,an actual GP win this year and a world cup win).Yes politics and revenue streams do come in to it,not that BSI will publicly admit it. Although on the flip side having a British rider to support in the series home and abroad does add something to the series for me.Rather than watching as a neutral, I will proudly wear my union jack,(without a british rider there didn't seem much point and will display me 6 foot home made Tai woffinden flag at all the GP,S I attend.Personally I think Tai's reputation being out of the GP,s has improved while Chris Harris has seen his reputation plummet by actually being in the series,BSI's big problem will be if Woffinden struggles like most predict,on the face of it he seems like Britain's last hope

As much as I like Tai as a rider,the way BSI stated his case(good league form and a good world cup playoff)was a tad embarrassing.Compare it to Jepson jensens credentials (probable world u21 champion,an actual GP win this year and a world cup win).Yes politics and revenue streams do come in to it,not that BSI will publicly admit it. Although on the flip side having a British rider to support in the series home and abroad does add something to the series for me.Rather than watching as a neutral, I will proudly wear my union jack,(without a british rider there didn't seem much point and will display me 6 foot home made Tai woffinden flag at all the GP,S I attend.Personally I think Tai's reputation being out of the GP,s has improved while Chris Harris has seen his reputation plummet by actually being in the series,BSI's big problem will be if Woffinden struggles like most predict,on the face of it he seems like Britain's last hope

How right you are. :mad: :mad:

I always thought Sport was about competition :rolleyes:

What do I know................................? :rolleyes::(

Currently I don't think there is a British rider deserving of GP status. I'm very hopeful of Craig Cook and Richie Worrall for the future and would certainly be giving them as much top end experience as possible, it seems to me to be pointless including riders in the world cup team who you know too well are out of their depth (Bridger and Kennett especially). Having said that, It's nice to still have some interest, a GP series consisting entirely of foreign riders would be of no interest to me.

One more to keep tabs on is Robert Lambert. At just 14 years old this kid looks quality. Obviously he's only riding competively in Germany, but he seems to already look beyond his years! If he progresses as he is at this time then I feel he could be a great hope for GB speedway in years to come. It's just a shame that the rules are keeping him away from competetive racing here, but at least Germany are allowing him to get proper racing under his belt against tought opposition too!

One more to keep tabs on is Robert Lambert. At just 14 years old this kid looks quality. Obviously he's only riding competively in Germany, but he seems to already look beyond his years! If he progresses as he is at this time then I feel he could be a great hope for GB speedway in years to come. It's just a shame that the rules are keeping him away from competetive racing here, but at least Germany are allowing him to get proper racing under his belt against tought opposition too!

Yes - this is where we are lacking. We need to get Track time for youngsters much more freely available. Difficult I know - but it needs to happen.

Our (British) youngsters start of at a disadvantage from day one.

Yes - this is where we are lacking. We need to get Track time for youngsters much more freely available. Difficult I know - but it needs to happen.

Our (British) youngsters start of at a disadvantage from day one.

Yes for sure. We need the Danish model of the 80cc league, but let's face it, it's never going to happen. The nearest we have, and will have until the authorities pull their collective fingers out, is Grasstrack, but even so, no major 'stars' have come out of that scene in my opinon for a while now.

• Like 1

Not sure how many high-quality Danes there are in cricket, or rugby, or tennis, or swimming, or athletics. There are lots of sports available and easily accessed in this country, so the potential pool for an 80cc league is probably quite small.

Not sure how many high-quality Danes there are in cricket, or rugby, or tennis, or swimming, or athletics. There are lots of sports available and easily accessed in this country, so the potential pool for an 80cc league is probably quite small.

Rounding a little bit for each nation, but....

British population - 62,000,000

Danish population - 5,500,000

Damn those crazy Danes and their tiny population for their lack of love for cricket and rugby and so on....

Rounding a little bit for each nation, but....

British population - 62,000,000

Danish population - 5,500,000

Damn those crazy Danes and their tiny population for their lack of love for cricket and rugby and so on....

Exactly.Think there are a number of high quality Danish footballers,cyclists and handballers for example.It isn't as if the only opportunity to participate in sport is 80cc speedway.They also have a fair number of MotoX tracks and produce decent riders i think.One track is actually right next to Esbjergs 80cc track and i think i am right in saying that Nicklas Porsings brother gave up speedway to do MotoX

THE Danes get much better funding and government support than Brits do, especially for speedway.

Would love to see Robert Lambert go to Denmark for a week with Erik Gundersen. This is a critical time in his development and would benefit hugely from having Gundo teach him the ropes.

THE Danes get much better funding and government support than Brits do, especially for speedway.

Would love to see Robert Lambert go to Denmark for a week with Erik Gundersen. This is a critical time in his development and would benefit hugely from having Gundo teach him the ropes.

How right you are Phil I've been to many of the 80cc meetings when Erik is in attendance and he is brilliant with the kids why the hell the BSPA can't take this on board god only knows

Caroline Woznicki. Former world nr1. Currently top 15 in the world.

Edited by Ghostwalker