British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Ipswich Ko Cup Final Second Leg 28th October 2012

Indeed - big well done to Newcastle. Probably not the trophy they had their eyes on, but a well-deserved trophy, nonetheless.

Put a cracking side out this season, and glad they got something for their efforts.

• Like 3

Congratulations Newcastle, worthy winners.

I am so pleased that we got something out of the Season. Top of the League (really Champions) - and - Cup Winners - I'll settle for that. :approve: :approve:

Hard luck Ipswich - All the best for next Season. :t:

This line about being the real/true/moral champions etc gets a wee bit tiresome tbh..and is also a wee bit disrespectful to either the Rebels or the Scorpions but hey ho!Whoever wins it will fully deserve it in my eyes..those were the rules agreed upon from the off,and that everyone signed up for.Now that i've got that out the way :P i'd like to congratulate the Diamonds wholeheartedly on their cup win :t: You did deserve something out of the season imo. I only wish that the Mighty Edinburgh Monarchs are around to take it off you next season..Hope you,Big Tsu,Mr Arson and everyone enjoy your celebrations..oh,and mines is a pint of Scotch btw :wink: Awaaaay the lads n lassies :cheers:

Edited by Young51
  • Like 3

Congratulations Newcastle good to see another trophy come up north.

Yep very well done to Newcastle on a well deserved victory.

But dear o dear Ipswich that was a pretty lame "effort" rolleyes.gif

Congrats Newcastle :t:

See you next season Arson Fire,Keith M, Tsunami , have a good xmas lets hope winter isn't a long one :cheers:

• Like 3

I am so pleased that we got something out of the Season. Top of the League (really Champions) - and - Cup Winners - I'll settle for that. :approve: :approve:

Hard luck Ipswich - All the best for next Season. :t:

Hope all is well with your son. Big well done to Newcastle well deserved.

Hope all is well with your son. Big well done to Newcastle well deserved.

Congratz to Newcastle. Hope you all enjoy your celebrations :) Looks like another poor display overall from the Witches. Big oops!

Thank you so much for your kind wishes for my Son - he will be OK - but - your messages are much appreciated.

• Like 2

Well done the Diamonds

Well done Diamonds and thank you to all the guests that helped us get the trophy the team deserve.

Well done to the Diamonds on their truly deserved win a good job well done , the hard work was done last night at Foxhall and any thoughts the Witches may have had about clawing back the aggregate score rapidly went out the window with the poor show from Tungate & Poole who where never at the races , all the Diamonds chipped in with important points and Stormy was proved to be excellent choice of guest. In the words of Porky Pig "That's all folks" see you in March

It's nice to receive all the best wishes from so many other teams in this league. I think this is where and why our league is superior to the EL.

The hard work of course, was done last night and when we had 4-2's in the first two heats, the feeling changed as it we had defeated the Witches already. Poor returns from Tungate and young Taylor, was just too much to cover to try and also overcome our existing lead. So we lost two items of silverware but at least we got this one, the KO CUP final. Would have preferred the PL title but then again, a lot of teams would have liked to have the KO Cup on their mantlepiece.

Massive effort from Jonny Swales and the track staff to get this one. I was told the track was frozen yesterday, so no work could have been done on it. Jonny was there at 7.00am this morning, working through the day in a desperate attempt to squeeze the remainder of the water out to make it raceable. Continuous tyre packing continued right up to the start time with concentration on the inside/mid track racing lines. Tricky but it was raceable and there was some excellent passing and racing from say Dak and Leigh L. Risager also had his moments.

At the presentation of medals by Dave Wood, friend of the Diamonds and local councillor, Leigh was the gentleman he always is, praising the efforts of the Diamonds riders and the professionalism of the Newcastle Promotion during his previous visits to Brough with Arena, Newport and now Ippy. True gent is our Leigh and many thanks for your comments.

The victorious Diamonds were then presented with their trophy's, and of course Mark accepted the KO Cup comp Trophy which was no stranger to us. Nice sentiments from Paul Starke who received his riders trophy, having being released by IOW today to ride for us, and then they had the poor missfortune of a rainoff at Stoke. Both Worralls joined the party and Steve said he would like to be back at Brough next year.

Of course there needs to be major changes because of the financial aspect of the sport, and one can hope that all of the current PL teams come to the 2013 tapes, especially as Plymouth is possibly going NL with no new deal for change of ownership. :mad:

On a lighter note, following the item on BBC Look North on young Archie Freeman, the 7 year old Diamonds mascot, SKY was in TOON to record a quite lengthy feature on him, which should be shown on SKY Sports News Channel 405 during Monday throughout the day. Good publicity for all and some stunning interviews. :D:t:

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

This line about being the real/true/moral champions etc gets a wee bit tiresome tbh..and is also a wee bit disrespectful to either the Rebels or the Scorpions but hey ho!Whoever wins it will fully deserve it

Of course had either of them been the best team all season they could have taken the opportunity to finish above the Diamonds. Two fine teams no doubt and no disrespect to either but Newcastle won the league. One of them will win a trophy.

Back to last night and Ipswich kept it tight for a few heats as Lanham and North both started well but unfortunately they tailed off and Tungate was a shadow of the guy who scored a hatful earlier in the season in the PL match.

Congratulations to all the Diamonds and to Ipswich on making the final. Well beaten but honorable in defeat.