British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Ipswich V Newcastle Ko Cup Final First Leg 27th October 2012

What's happened to Tungate? Started the season really well but has been awful the second half of the campaign. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole on that average next year

well done the jaawdees on a great result. hope the rain/sleet/snow/hail keeps away for tomorrow. so you can lift that trophy for your supporters. tough luck ippo.

Awesome result for the Diamonds. Started well, got a bit of luck in heat 2 and never really looked back. Should complete the job tomorrow (or Monday) and get our hands on the trophy. Nobody could say we don't deserve it. The lads have done remarkably well to go on and win a trophy (hopefully!) having lost our best rider and a solid scoring reserve who we've had to replace with NL riders.

Very solid performance with all 7 riders scoring well. Good to see Lemo come up with the goods when it mattered. Seemed an odd choice for heat 15 but he did the business. Once again though Ned was the match winner. Very underrated rider for me and has been superb in the second half of the season when we really needed it without the Worrall's. 10+2 away from home at a strong side like Ipswich is a tremendous effort.

Paul Starke did well too. Well done Paul. :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

That just about sums up the Witches season - just not quite good enough.

Well done to the Diamonds who adapted much better to the conditions - 4 Ipswich fallers in points scoring positions whilst Newcastle looked steady.

Naedermark looked particularly impressive.

Such a shame unexpected late rain left the track like an ice rink and in need of so much sawdust.

Considering the conditions there was some good racing which is a credit to all the riders.

The fat lady isnt singing yet but she is clearing her throat!!

Congratulations to the Diamonds.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Big thanks 2 both reserves starkey & stormy scored points in every race....Good 7 man team performance... :t:

• Like 4

Where do we start with this one ?

Well done to the Diamonds , a good solid all round performance and deserved win .

They were certainly more up for it than the Witches and it showed .

A few eccentric refereeing decisions ! Specifically heat 2 Matt makes a great start and pulled back then in rerun falls and excluded . Yet in heat 14 Henry falls , race stopped , all 4 allowed back ! How , why ? Also the meeting could have been over long before it was if he wasn't so slow in releasing the tapes ( snail like or what ! )

I believe half the Witches were just going through the motions tonight and any small amount of home advantage was totally negated by conditions , sawdust and rain/hail , cold etc etc .

Also did I see it right that Chris Louis gives the thumbs up to carry on while it's still hailing and we promptly concede a 5-1 ? If so , what a plank ! If not I apologise but that's how it seemed .

Anyway , that's our home season done and dusted so no more at Foxhall till march ( gonna be a long 5 months ) and now it's speculation time as we all wait to see who is going to be back next year and what new faces may appear ?

To be continued on Witches 2013 thread once I've mused and pondered !

Well done the Diamonds, a good team performance. Fingers crossed that the weather is kind tomorrow night - and don't forget your woolies - it will be damn cold.

"The Mackem"

• Like 1

Well done the Diamonds, a good team performance. Fingers crossed that the weather is kind tomorrow night - and don't forget your woolies - it will be damn cold.

"The Mackem"

Yep!! We'll have to have the Thermals on Bob. Actually - I wish I had some.

Well done Diamonds excellent result with everyone contributing something. Also mention to Claes another great peformance he has really stepped up recently.

Well done to the Diamonds for staying upright whilst some of the Witches kept sliding off. I was amazed at how positive the vibes were about the weather beforehand. I drove along Foxhall road about 5pm, and the drains were overflowing, it was awful. Great work by the track staff to get it rideable, just a bloody shame our biggest night for years, and we get our smallest crowd of the season because of the dreadful weather. Like a lot of fans, and most promoters, i wont be sad to see the back of this season, the worst (weather wise) on record??

• Like 2

Well done to the Diamonds on a thoroughly deserved victory.

I've got to admit the falling crowds must be a concern to the promotion. Yes you can make all sorts of excuses about poor weather, but the fact is it was the Knockout cup final!

Being a Saturday too, I was certainly expecting a better turn out than that. Concerning.

I thought the crowd number looked OK, but then again, I'm not there every week, so what do I know! If that was a below par crowd compared to usual then that should be a big concern, especially as it was a final! Not like it was a fixture with no meaning.

The racing in the end was fairly decent despite the tricky conditions. The track could've looked a lot worse so hats off to the track staff for getting it to some kinda raceable surface. There was a little rain/hail shower at heat 9 which dampened things off again, but thankfully it didn't last very long.

I did initially think that the conditions should suit the Diamonds more than the Witches and it seems my view was proved right. Out of the Diamonds, Claes Nedermark and Christian Henry looked good and Matty Wethers seemed a good choice of guest at reserve. Haven't seen Christian race since 2009 when the Stars were in the PL and it was good to see him still racing well. I don't think I'd ever seen Claes race before, so he was a big surprise to me. Looks a good prospect.

As for the Witches, I thought that they were poor overall. I know the conditions weren't ideal, but the surface was the same for everyone. Newcastle seemed to be attacking it slightly more and they got the better result. Taylor Poole I thought looked particularly poor out of everyone. Rohan Tungate looked a shadow of his former self. I have seen him have much better meetings. Leigh Lanham actually looked like a number 1 last night in comparison to my previous visits, so credit where credit's due!

Nice of Tsunami to come and introduce himself to me before the meeting in the cafe! I knew he would be there, but never expected to see him! And yes, I am as nice and as reasonable as I appear on here ;) Or at least I try to be anyway!

Edited by em1500uk

Well this inept apathetic performance was systematic of the Witches season and reads like a dunces school report - little if no effort and can do a great deal better. To think the few fans there had paid their money, got frozen cold, got rained sleeted and hailed on all for the riders to show precious little effort and my god it was a final!!! They all seemed as though they wished they were not there at all, I know I wished I was not. When thinking about next seasons side the commitment shown by this seasons riders should be taken into account and if it is, I can't see that any of these 7 riders are worth a place. There needs to be a huge shake up and with a different mind set because if there is not I can see this tiny crowd being called a large one in the very near future. These are some of the darkest days in the Witches long history and things need to change big time or ??? :sad: