British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Dudley - Weds 24th October - Please Read - NOW AT KINGS LYNN

Well the s**** well and truly about to hit the fan now isn't it!

Depending on what league Dudley contest next year, I think Chris will need to don his tin hat whenever he takes either Mildenhall or Ipswich there!!

Dudley - you lost despite having the advatage of a home leg and a leg on a neutral track, yes you had injuries but were not the opposition without their 1 and 2 Heeps and Blackbird

Appeal - PATHETIC

Adam Roynon - you really have upset someone up there. I hope you have a speedy recovery and battle back again.

Congratulations to the Tiger Boyz on a wonderfull season

The ability to accept defeat shows the type of sportsman you are.

Whilst I agree with the intentions of your post, I have to correct you on Blackbird as he was fit enough to take his place last night.

But I agree all the ifs buts and maybes are tiresome. Nobody will know how the outcome would have been if BOTH were at full strength and had ridden a home leg each. Other clubs have also suffered misfortune which may or may not have cost them getting through in the cup or improving league placings.

The only undeniable fact, is Mildenhall are 2012 champions and some of the Dudley fans should have the good grace to accept that and offer their congratulations like 21st and one or two others have.

Dudley I'm sure will come back fighting next year so just bide your time and look forward to possibly gaining some revenge next season.

• Like 2

21st CH, the ref (rightly or wrongly) made his decision. Live with it.

Personally I'm more concerned about the welfare of Adam Roynon. Hope the broken leg heals quickly, and we see him back next year. He's been a revelation this year.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

It will be interesting if/when the video of the exclusion is released.

Only speculating, but if the video suggests Roynon was at fault then who should be blamed, the referee or Chris Louis?

Edit - I should add that I haven't heard the radio evidence as I am at work and unable to listen, perhaps that will be more enlightening?

The radio tells you nothing, unless you can get a specialst to take away the radio commentry and then you might be able to here the background people talking? this whole thing seems like "clutching at straws".....

• Like 2

Both sides are so busy pointing fingers at each other that they all miss the point.

Cant see the problem, the referee enlists the help of a reknown summariser with expertise in analysing footage to enable him to come to the correct decision.

as a footnote i feel sorry for Mr Louis because when Sky Sports finds out he has been freelancing for BBC West Midlands he could find out he is in another pile of doo doo :oops::oops::lol:

Indeed, clutching at straws. That's exactly what it is. We had it after the KO Cup and we've got it now after the play-offs. Somehow I think the Dudley management have just looked to rake something up because the results werent what they expected.

Dudley simply need to accept the result and move on.

• Like 2

Indeed, clutching at straws. That's exactly what it is. We had it after the KO Cup and we've got it now after the play-offs. Somehow I think the Dudley management have just looked to rake something up because the results werent what they expected.

Dudley simply need to accept the result and move on.

Again this is a good point. I'm not quite sure why Dudley felt the need to make a public statement about this? This is only going to cause more bad blood between the two which is just not needed.

If you're unhappy and want to make a complaint fine, but I'm not sure making a public statement is necessarry.

It could very well lead to a very uneasy atmosphere next time Chris Louis takes his Mildenhall side to Monmore.

It could very well lead to a very uneasy atmosphere next time Chris Louis takes his Mildenhall side to Monmore.

It'll be daggers drawn over the buffet table at the Sky Christmas party this year.

Get well soon Adam (again! :sad: ).

For what it is worth i dont think it is about what would have happened If.......

I think it is more worrying that (forgetting who it is for the moment) a person from either side can have access to the referee, with the possibility that this may influence thier decision making process.

can someone enlighten me as to whether this is a normal occurence or not ?

P.S. well done Midenhall always had a soft spot for that team ever since i visited west row a good few years ago now (think Mick Bates was riding then), and best wishes to Adam hope he can bounce back again

edited for spelling.

Edited by ekimba

Well done Mildenhall and good to here Mr Heep is fit now. :)

It's not really all that different from when a team manager phones the referee, is it?

They often try and influence the decision-making process.

Seems to be a serious case of clutching at straws to me.

• Like 2

It's not really all that different from when a team manager phones the referee, is it?

They often try and influence the decision-making process.

Seems to be a serious case of clutching at straws to me.

Yes but the fact is that the ref will not speak to riders or anyone else apart from team managers, Chris Louis had no rights to even be speaking to the ref. I think the thing that has annoyed dudley fans more than anything is the ref originally said Stefan was excluded but after Louis influence suddenly changed his mind - bang out of order.

As a side note i have just watched the video of heat 15 about 6 times and i still cant call who was to blame it really was just a racing accident. Most import thing now is a full and speedy recovery for royno.

White takes out blue in my opinion. Neilsen has a good look then throws his body and back wheel into Roynon. Can't see how it could possibly be called any other way if the video was looked at.

White takes out blue in my opinion. Neilsen has a good look then throws his body and back wheel into Roynon. Can't see how it could possibly be called any other way if the video was looked at.

White is Roynon...just to put that out there.

For me, the guy on the outside ran out of room. Have seen it called either way. Would be interested in knowing what angle the referee viewed.

Congratulations on the win to Mildenhall. Feels much the same as last season though, coming good at the end and being in the right place to take advantage of another teams catastrophic luck with injuries! Still, gotta be in it to win it so congrats to them.