British Speedway Forum
Triple.H.

Premier League Pairs 31/05/2013

We are staying in Brean on the Friday night and getting a Taxi to and from the pairs ,is there a taxi firm that maybe advertise in the programme as if there is we would rather put the business there way.If not can a local, recommend a reliable firm, We're all city boys and don't fancy a long walk along country roads in the dark

Coming on the Comets bus from Cardiff its set to be another excellent night as always. I predict the Comets to retain the title cmon Lawson and Bach!!!!!

Coming on the Comets bus from Cardiff its set to be another excellent night as always. I predict the Comets to retain the title cmon Lawson and Bach!!!!!

• Like 1

After yet another rain-off at the OTA tonight, I thought I'd post some good news !

The weather forecast on local TV tonight, for Somerset on Friday, is very good, so unless there is a dramatic late change, the PL Pairs should be on.

Bring it on !

• Like 1

If Somerset don't win it on their own track again they want shot .... Ah hold on :) anyone but Somerset for me :)

Why is that then??????, in the seven years it has been held at the OTA , I think there have been seven different winners, does that not make it one of the best open meetings of the season. The thing about the OTA is that if riders are prepared to give it a go they have all got a chance and the best two on the night win, not just the two who might have extra knowledge of the track through home advantage. Screeny and Grieves(who hates the OTA) won it in 2010,in the wet,and nobody gave them a prayer at the start. Joe Screen was quite brilliant that night.

It is normally a great curtain raiser before the main event in Cardiff. They deserve a bit of good weather down there this season aswell.

Why is that then??????, in the seven years it has been held at the OTA , I think there have been seven different winners, does that not make it one of the best open meetings of the season. The thing about the OTA is that if riders are prepared to give it a go they have all got a chance and the best two on the night win, not just the two who might have extra knowledge of the track through home advantage. Screeny and Grieves(who hates the OTA) won it in 2010,in the wet,and nobody gave them a prayer at the start. Joe Screen was quite brilliant that night.

It is normally a great curtain raiser before the main event in Cardiff. They deserve a bit of good weather down there this season aswell.

just think home track advantage is wrong nothing more... And yes it is a good meeting and racetrack I agree.

Im going for Edinburgh,Cooks the best rider in the PL right now,and Vissing a former Rebel,that looks a winning combination to me.

after seeing the form Cookie was in last week I have to agree screm

after seeing the form Cookie was in last week I have to agree screm

Hard to disagree, however ...

On Sunday Scotland 1314 pointed out the Cookie's team riding needed improving. Watching him he did exactly as Scott pointed out, when behind his partner he keeps the throttle full on and gets very close to his partner. Food for thought.

On Sunday Scotland 1314 pointed out the Cookie's team riding needed improving. Watching him he did exactly as Scott pointed out, when behind his partner he keeps the throttle full on and gets very close to his partner. Food for thought.

You could say the same about alot of riders nowadays though,the art of actual team riding seems to have deserted speedway.

Come on Kozza and Rockin Robin ;;;;;;;

it was only derek Sneddon though George ;)

I do understand what you mean though - bend two in one of the later heats on Sunday when they were miles ahead (perm one from 12 I think!) I have a photo where you couldnt get a sheet of paper between Sneddons rear wheel and Cookie's front one. He still missed though and they got the 5-1....

• Like 1

Apologies for what may be seen as a dim post but whats the format for this Pairs event having never attended one before , looking forward to a cracking weekend of Speedway starting on Friday , Cheers Chris

Apologies for what may be seen as a dim post but whats the format for this Pairs event having never attended one before , looking forward to a cracking weekend of Speedway starting on Friday , Cheers Chris

screm explained better than me :) Edited by Arson fire

2 groups,4pts for a win,3pts for second,2pts for third,0 for a last,top 2 from each group go to semi-finals,winners of semi-finals race for the winners title.

• Like 1