British Speedway Forum

THE use of the beloved Joker will not be allowed in the final four heats of SWC meetings next year. Tactical substitutes will be allowed. Team managers will have a free choice of which riders they want to use in each of the final four heats.

Good news about the joker not being used in the last 4. Not so sure about the free choice thingy, any ideas how will that be administered to ensure all is above board?

Edited by salty

QUITE easy I believe .. each team manager will nominate one of his riders for each of the final heats. How they scored in the preceding heats will be irrelevant. Could make for some interesting line-ups and tactics.

how are the picks chosen, in what order? or is it just Rider A in heat 2 in a sort of random sense?

Have to be in sealed envelopes. As you say there will be a lot of second guessing as TM's try and get favourable match up's.

I HONESTLY don't know the exact procedure yet. Your suggestion would be the easiest and most sensible but that's not always the way these things work!

how are the picks chosen, in what order? or is it just Rider A in heat 2 in a sort of random sense?

I imagine each manager will list his four names for Heat 17, 18, 19 and 20 without any reference to what the others are doing

THE use of the beloved Joker will not be allowed in the final four heats of SWC meetings next year. Tactical substitutes will be allowed. Team managers will have a free choice of which riders they want to use in each of the final four heats.

Imo they should have scrapped it entirely.

• Like 3

Imo they should have scrapped it entirely.

agree, another mickey mouse idea.

• Like 1

Got a mental blank right now on something i should know as a matter of course. Isn't it the case that at the moment the format allows for each rider to meet every other rider once as in the standard individual formats?. Managers nominating the last four heats will totally trash the previous fair way of doing things.

Regarding who nominates riders first they may well let the fourth team decide first and so on. Cue an advertisement break as with the SGP series when they work out who is in the top eight lol.

Got a mental blank right now on something i should know as a matter of course. Isn't it the case that at the moment the format allows for each rider to meet every other rider once as in the standard individual formats?. Managers nominating the last four heats will totally trash the previous fair way of doing things.

Regarding who nominates riders first they may well let the fourth team decide first and so on. Cue an advertisement break as with the SGP series when they work out who is in the top eight lol.

now 4 riders per team over 20 heats(started this year)so first 16 heats everyone meets each other once then 4 nominated.

With the move to four man teams this year every rider met each other once by heat sixteen.

The last four races were extras just done by scoring order this year.

Edit - and my slow typing on the phone saw this become a duplicate answer :)

Edited by HenryW

With the move to four man teams this year every rider met each other once by heat sixteen. The last four races were extras just done by scoring order this year.

In fact returning to the format that was used in the late-1980s. The SWC is pretty much looking like the old WTC nowadays... :rolleyes: