British Speedway Forum
Gavan

2013 Best Ever Gp Line Up?

Is next season the best ever GP line up?

In my opinion we have 12 or 13 riders all capable of winning a GP in there. The exceptions are possibly Iversen and Zagar though they are maybe more than capable and basically Tai has no chance.

If you look back at this year then Bjarne, Hans, Ljung, Harris were never likely to make semis let alone win one.

What do people think?

In my opinion we have 12 or 13 riders all capable of winning a GP in there. The exceptions are possibly Iversen and Zagar though they are maybe more than capable and basically Tai has no chance.

If you look back at this year then Bjarne, Hans, Ljung, Harris were never likely to make semis let alone win one.

What do people think?

If NKI can carry this years form in to next (i.e way ahead of the likes of Lindback, Lindgren and even Gollob in the Polish and Swedish leagues) I can see him winning a couple of rounds next season. The 2012 Iversen is miles ahead of the one we last saw in the GP's.

Woffinden aside, this is by far the most solid GP line up I've ever seen.

JT.

What do people think?

Iversen is certainly capable of winning a GP, he is currently one of the best riders in the world around the Gorzow track, he is the current track record holder and has broken the track record there at least 3 times in the past 18 months. I'm not saying he will win at Gorzow, i'm not even saying he will get to the final, but I'm just saying he is most certainly capable of winning the GP at Gorzow as long as he's well prepared for it. Zagar is also very good around Gorzow and is more than capable of winning there but again it all depends on how it goes at the time, also the GP's return to his home nation and you can be sure he will be well up for that one in Krsko.

Edited by Kitch87

as i stated i believe that Iversen and Zager could make that step up. At the start of this season who would have said that Lindback or Vaculik or MJJ could win a GP? I apologise and hope im wrong but Tai isnt good enough.

My top 8

Holder

Ward,

Nicki

Emil

Lindback

Vaculik

Gollob

Greg/Lindgren/AJ/Hampel

The bad thing about having such a strong line up is that this time next year there will be some very sore scratched heads trying to decide who the wild cards will be :neutral:

as i stated i believe that Iversen and Zager could make that step up. At the start of this season who would have said that Lindback or Vaculik or MJJ could win a GP? I apologise and hope im wrong but Tai isnt good enough.

My top 8

Holder

Ward,

Nicki

Emil

Lindback

Vaculik

Gollob

Greg/Lindgren/AJ/Hampel

You're NOT wrong!!! :sad:

• Like 1

IMG are a media giant. That's what they do, it'll be on somewhere

In my opinion it's not the best ever line up. I preferred the days when qualification was more important. Having Nielsen & Rickardsson etc. was a strong era.

In my opinion it's not the best ever line up. I preferred the days when qualification was more important. Having Nielsen & Rickardsson etc. was a strong era.

Is this era more at the moment about potential? some terrific talent about but SPEEDY you are right qualification (when everyone has a chance?) is everything in my opinion.

Maybe. I also think the pressure in each meeting is less nowadays

but i think the wild cards are a better way of ensuring the strongest field, if u compare the performance over the last few seasons of qualifies vs wildcards i think thecwildcards would have outperformed them overtime, even with the token brit pick

Iversen may be a different rider this season but GP history dictates that it is a rare thing for a rider who has bombed so badly before to come back and have a successful season..............as far as I can remember there is only Lindback & Bomber who could be described as achieving this

I'm certainly expecting Zagar to be a struggler..... but Iversen is going to have to follow in Lindback's suprising footsteps if he is going to avoid past disasters