British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall 2013

Not sure why people think the points limit may be altered as it was agreed last year to fix it at 40 points for three years, mainly to allow continuity and to combat the late start to team building which every club complained about with the AGM not happening until February time.

• Like 2

Not sure why people think the points limit may be altered as it was agreed last year to fix it at 40 points for three years, mainly to allow continuity and to combat the late start to team building which every club complained about with the AGM not happening until February time.

So 40 points limit it should be then. Does make sense so you can go straight ahead and start signing your team.

As always, Jayne, many thanks for your contribution. :approve:

I can't help but wonder what the changes are that you, King's Lynn & Scunthorpe want.

As always, Jayne, many thanks for your contribution. :approve:

I can't help but wonder what the changes are that you, King's Lynn & Scunthorpe want.

Can't speak for Kings Lynn and Scunthorpe but it is the costs that are getting out of control and have been doing since the league changed from CL to NL. Not only do riders expect/want more money each year, there are also loan/transfer fees and the usual increases to insurance, BSPA/referee fees. The more money a rider receives in the NL then the more he is going to want for PL/EL so this impacts on everyone and also can prevent a rider from making the step up. If you are earning good money in the NL with no deductions for insurance or Tyres then logically you are going to be worse off in the PL when you have to pay these deductions and may only be getting a small increase on your points money and potentially scoring a lot less points. For some clubs the finances are just not there to meet all these costs and you cannot keep on passing the increases to the supporters especially in the current economic climate. I don't think that this is just applicable to the NL and is something that really needs to be addressed across the board both for promoters and riders. There is no easy answer but the bottom line is we really need as many clubs to survive in all leagues as possible and also make it easier financially for more riders to take up the sport and continue in it.

• Like 4

Anyone in the know on who might be in the team next year ?

Well we now know one who won't be ! Blackbird has gone to Dudley I see .

Nielsen, Baseby, Bates & Stoneman so far from what I can tell.

Think that comes to 21.90, so 18.10 for the final 3 places.

Who knows Heathen 1984, all the team signings in the NL so far seem to have changed a fair bit. I wouldn't be so sure at this stage whether Jacobs does sign but only time will tell.

I would like to see Lewis Kerr, JJ and a 3 pointer Josh Bailey or Grieves?? I think that would fit?

I would like to see Lewis Kerr, JJ and a 3 pointer Josh Bailey or Grieves?? I think that would fit?

Correct that would fit.Grieves is off to Coventry I believe though

There does seem to be a bit of mix and match going on this time around. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jacobs end up elsewhere.

Nielsen, Baseby, Bates & Stoneman so far from what I can tell.

Think that comes to 21.90, so 18.10 for the final 3 places.

Has Stefan defo re-signed for the Tigers???

Has Stefan defo re-signed for the Tigers???

Yes

According to today's Lynn News Lewis has re-signed for the Young Stars along with Jake.

So unlucky darts :wink: