British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall 2013

If Jacobs was to be part of the team i think he would have been announced already if i'm honest.

So far i reckon we have;

Stefan Nielsen 8.32

Dan Halsey 6.57

Josh Bates 5.30

Aaron Baseby 5.26

Nathan Stoneman 3.00

That leaves us with 11.55 for the remaining 2 riders.

Obviously if we go with another 3 pointer at reserve it leaves us with a decent amount of points for another big hitter.Jacobs,Branford,Wright,Morley to name a few.

Or we could go down the route of signing a higher averaged reserve.I know a few Mildenhall fans who have said they wouldn't mind seeing a new generation of Coles riding West Row in Connor.That would leave us with 7.25.Which is a bit of a funny amount as there aren't really any riders about with that sort of average.

If Jacobs doesn't return i wouldn't mind seeing Wright or Branford riding for us.Either would give a really strong pairing in heats 13 and 15.

1/ Charles Wright......1/ Stefan Nielsen.......1/Stefan Nielsen

2/ Josh Bates...........2/ Josh Bates............2/Josh Bates

3/ Dan Halsey..........3/ Dan Halsey............3/Dan Halsey

4/ Aaron Baseby......4/ Aaron Baseby........4/Aaron Baseby

5/ Stefan Nielsen......5/ Joe Jacobs............5/Jaimie Pickard

6/ Nathan Stoneman..6/ Nathan Stoneman.6/Nathan Stoneman

7/ 3 pointer...............7/ 3 pointer...............7/Connor Coles

Edited by adz_mft

It's already been annouced that Nielsen will be #1, Adz. So think you can rule out option #1.

I thought of Branford earlier aswell actually. Would be a strong 2nd heat leader for sure.

Branford at 5, would also mean that there'd be a little bit more scope at number 7 for Danny Stoneman, perhaps?

Think the issue with Jacobs is that it will be a wait & see to see who he signs for in the PL. There's still a few Sunday clubs waiting to complete their sides.

If he ends up signing for a Sunday club, I think we can rule him out.

It's already been annouced that Nielsen will be #1, Adz. So think you can rule out option #1.

I thought of Branford earlier aswell actually. Would be a strong 2nd heat leader for sure.

Branford at 5, would also mean that there'd be a little bit more scope at number 7 for Danny Stoneman, perhaps?

Think the issue with Jacobs is that it will be a wait & see to see who he signs for in the PL. There's still a few Sunday clubs waiting to complete their sides.

If he ends up signing for a Sunday club, I think we can rule him out.

Ahhh i haven't seen the press release with Stef being announced as number 1.

Certainly a team of; Nielsen,Bates,Halsey,Baseby,Branford,Stoneman,Stoneman would be fairly impressive.I would be pretty happy with that.

Branford impressed me whenever i saw him last season.Scary as hell to watch but exciting all the same.I got the impression that the promotion liked him.

• Like 1

hy stop trying to pinch branford or wright give buxton a fighting chance i bet your promotors can offer more than buxton but if you need better oposition dont take all the top men away from us

hy stop trying to pinch branford or wright give buxton a fighting chance i bet your promotors can offer more than buxton but if you need better oposition dont take all the top men away from us

As you have signed Atkin already on a 7+ average it is highly unlikely that you will sign both Wright and Branford if I'm honest

• Like 1

If Jacobs was to be part of the team i think he would have been announced already if i'm honest.

I think you are right. I'll be surprised if he signs now.

Better a new youngster than Stoneman. With respect to the lad (because on occasion I have seen him show some serious promise) he's been a 3.00 average for some time now.

The only Sunday PL sides are Glasgow and Newcastle. I don't rule Jacobs out for riding for them, but its a major journey every week to Tyneside, never mind Scotland.

Have you signed either of them yet? the Branford rumour has been going on for months around Mildenhall, but lots of rumours come to nothing, so don't worry.But I would like to see him at Mildenhall.

Ahhh i haven't seen the press release with Stef being announced as number 1.

Certainly a team of; Nielsen,Bates,Halsey,Baseby,Branford,Stoneman,Stoneman would be fairly impressive.I would be pretty happy with that.

Branford impressed me whenever i saw him last season.Scary as hell to watch but exciting all the same.I got the impression that the promotion liked him.

That would be a fine line up imo. Although it would be great to see Bob Coles grand son in a Fen Tigers race jacket if he could be fitted in.

Whoever lines up for Mildenhall though is good enough for me. We really shouldn't be too quick to forget the bad times of 2008 - 2010 (they were not that long ago), we are lucky to have such a well run club now and long may that remain.

• Like 2

I'm sure I read somewhere that Coles has been mentioned by Uncle Len as riding for Kent next year?

According to today's Lynn News Lewis has re-signed for the Young Stars along with Jake.

So unlucky darts :wink:

I agree, if that is the case, then its unlucky darts for Lewis, he could have had the oppotunity to work with former world champion, and some top speedway talent that is at Mildenhall. Perhaps Mildenhall didn't go in for him? shame.

Or perhaps he is very happy at Lynn and is showing loyalty towards the club who discovered him and gave him his chance?

I know one or two Mildy fans think they have a divine right to hoover up whichever rider they like from other NL clubs but not in this case :)

Or perhaps he is very happy at Lynn and is showing loyalty towards the club who discovered him and gave him his chance?

I know one or two Mildy fans think they have a divine right to hoover up whichever rider they like from other NL clubs but not in this case :)

Coming from someone who on the KL 2013 thread on 16th Sept posted an aspirational team of:

1. Iversen 8.79

2. Szczepaniak 5.19

3. Allen 5.77

4. Proctor 5.69

5. Schlein 7.23

6. Wolbert 5.03

7. Eklof 3.00

Probably a bit rich but there again maybe not, because wouldn't suit your chance to have a little dig.

Smell the coffee bud this is a forum for opinions, many opposing supporters in the NL would like JJ etc makes me proud that he is riding well enough to be wanted. If Mildy can't fit him in the 1 - 7 or he feels that he needs experience elsewhere then best of luck to him, it's a short career with a limited time to progress.

It's a simple sport really build a team under the points limit and want the best mix possible for your team, presumably you will want to keep the same 7 you had last year - but then it falls further apart Hazeldene is now at KL from Rye House so presumably you won't be cheering him on then :blink:.

Kev

Edited by norwichkev

Selective quoting there, if you did a bit more research you'd notice that I posted a 'disclaimer' before my opinions of Lynn's team, something along the lines of my views being subject to the rider and his parent club agreeing to any loans/transfers.

The Hazeldene (or Tom Young) point is pretty irrelevant as the rider and their clubs seem to be happy for them to have a season developing at Lynn, and as far as I'm aware they weren't mentioned by anyone on the Young Stars 2013 thread. I don't go to NL meetings very often but when I do I don't really support a particular team, I'm just interested to see how the youngsters are developing.

I know that the forum is about opinions, it just rankles when people think that with a few more £'s their club can poach good youngsters who have been discovered and developed by other teams. I'm sure you'd feel the same if other threads had people thinking they could take Josh Bates off your hands. At the end of the day Lewis is a local lad with lots of support and track time at Lynn, can't see why he would want to go anywhere else, especially with the possibility of an EL spot one day should he develop to that level.

Anyway, all the best to the Fen Tigers for next season and beyond. The club has been revitalised since its reincarnation with good crowds, on track success and some excellent youngsters coming through and long may that continue.

• Like 1

Selective quoting there, if you did a bit more research you'd notice that I posted a 'disclaimer' before my opinions of Lynn's team, something along the lines of my views being subject to the rider and his parent club agreeing to any loans/transfers.

The Hazeldene (or Tom Young) point is pretty irrelevant as the rider and their clubs seem to be happy for them to have a season developing at Lynn, and as far as I'm aware they weren't mentioned by anyone on the Young Stars 2013 thread. I don't go to NL meetings very often but when I do I don't really support a particular team, I'm just interested to see how the youngsters are developing.

I know that the forum is about opinions, it just rankles when people think that with a few more £'s their club can poach good youngsters who have been discovered and developed by other teams. I'm sure you'd feel the same if other threads had people thinking they could take Josh Bates off your hands. At the end of the day Lewis is a local lad with lots of support and track time at Lynn, can't see why he would want to go anywhere else, especially with the possibility of an EL spot one day should he develop to that level.

Anyway, all the best to the Fen Tigers for next season and beyond. The club has been revitalised since its reincarnation with good crowds, on track success and some excellent youngsters coming through and long may that continue.

Fair comments, read the disclaimer but a bit PC IMO as this is a discussion forum and don't see that any rider would be unsettled by us lot or choose our career advice.

At NL level every penny whilst invaluable for youngsters & family is hopefully not the main driving force behind decisions, not aware that Mildy are splashing out mega money seems more rider development focused. I suspect that the likes of Josh & Nathan want to be at Mildy because of the opportunities to work with, and learn from, the many years of experience etc of the promotion which will hopefully give them an excellent grounding and launch them into long term successful careers in the sport.

Interesting that Swindon were instrumental in moving Ritchings from Dudley, who did an excellent job for him, to a larger track to make him a more rounded rider which whilst unfortunate for Dudley has to be applauded for development and career planning.

Kev

• Like 1

Not wanting to drag up what is now water under the bridge but ask yourself why Blackbird ended up at Mildenhall after signing for Lynn last year. It worked out for him as the last two seasons have shown and life is too short for hard feelings :)

I've no doubt that Bates and Stoneman are at Mildy for the reasons you state, the Fen Tigers did the spadework in discovering them and getting them signed up before anyone else. As you say having Louis & Lee at your club is as good a bank of experience and knowledge as can be offered at NL level.

Certainly accept your point about Ritchings, and I'd not be against Lewis or any of the Young Stars having a year on a smaller circuit for the good of their career if the clubs and the rider were in agreement. I'm prepared to admit they I've probably overreacted a tad on this thread and I'm not really one for close-season bickering so I'm going to leave it at that and set off for Carrow Road. OTBC :D

Edited by Bagpuss