British Speedway Forum
mrss

Kings Lynn 2013

This is the strongest looking Kings Lynn side i have seen in recent seasons looks like they will be strong contenders.Can not wait for the meetings with our own Kent Kings.....

Watch Lewis Rose a few time this year now he has come on alot i think he can for sure up his average and will surprise alot of teams.

It may have something to do with Shane Waldron crashing out the other day in the Stoke individual??? Not heard anything on how he is yet???

Only Lewis Kerr, Tom Young & Shane Hazelden are down as confirmed signings on the Stars website

Jake Knight, Darren Mallett, Shane Waldron, and Lewis Rose missing from the 2013 riders list on the website which I'm convinced they were all on there a couple of weeks ago???

For some people taking from the Lynn Website

Category: Young Stars Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 19:42

The King's Lynn Young Stars have completed their side for the 2013 National League with the signing of Jake Knight.

Local based rider Knight is the final piece in the jigsaw for team manager Dale Allitt and he joins the already confirmed Darren Mallett, Lewis Kerr, Tom Young, Shane Waldron, Shane Hazelden, and Lewis Rose.

Towards the end of last season, Knight produced some impressive performances at the Norfolk Arena and he will return to the main body of the team. Manager Dale Allitt is delighted to have agreed a deal to bring back the 20-year-old, and he believes the side is the best he has compiled in his time with the club.

He said: "On the 5.93 average he comes back on, I think he is he best rider in the league. He showed at the end of last year that he can improve and we are expecting that this year.

"I'm really pleased and I think it will be an exceptional year for him, when you build a team you try to include riders that will improve and Jake fits right in."

Allitt added: "I believe that this team is the best we have had since we have been running National League at King's Lynn, when I look at the other teams in the league I think, we are as good as anyone this year."

Yeah, they were all listed initially but do not appear on the issue 1, the first with a riders' average. It could be one of two things I s'pose. Either there is a dispute over a rider's average, though why that would only come to light now I don't know, or perhaps Shane is going to be out injured for an extended period. I hope not. I kinda assumed he was ok, though probably battered and bruised, because nothing had come to light.

I see what u mean i not seen any news on Shane hopefully not out for a long time.

If you're right 21st, there maybe a dispute over Shane's average because he was announced as a 5.00 assessed rider but has constantly been regarded as a 3.00. When the riders names were up, and in average order, his was last and I believe (without checking) he's a 3.00 in the speedway star preview mag. Now I'm not suggesting that KL would want to change the team but 2 points is a lot extra to play with... Or that's completely irrelevant...

Edit: And presumably KL got their 5.00 figure from someone within the BSPA, so its hardly fair if his average decreases because they've effectively been given 38 points to build a team to.

Edited by Islander15

Im pretty sure Lynn new he would be on a 5.00 average. :)

How long will James Cockle be out for? Will King's Lynn run R/R or sign a replacement?

Lorna can we get Danny in ?

Well Greg, according to twitter... (Greg Plummer of Lynn News)

Greg Plummer ‏@LynnNewsSport 6h

BREAKING NEWS: The Lynn Young Stars complete the double signing of Steve Worrall and Chris Widman for their National League team.

Worall is brought in as a replacement for James Cockle while Widman replaces Jake Knight, who has left the club, at reserve.

Shane Hazelden will move into the main body of the team, while Cockle will be out for about four months after breaking his arm and wrist.

Not seen any announcements by the club yet though.