British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny the spud

Isle Of Wight 2013

If they want more fans from the mainland they must think about their return journey as a priority...An earlier start is fine as loing as it doesnt mean an extended interval and tardy running of heats so that I arrive back home again at the same hour as now....

with wightlink looking to cut even more services from the current timetable it seems a logical decision to make. last season it wasn't just us fans making a mad dash to catch the 9.45 fast cat, the riders were also rushing to make the 10pm car ferry. failure to make that sailing would mean a wait until midnight!

with wightlink looking to cut even more services from the current timetable it seems a logical decision to make. last season it wasn't just us fans making a mad dash to catch the 9.45 fast cat, the riders were also rushing to make the 10pm car ferry. failure to make that sailing would mean a wait until midnight!

Interesting, that.

Checking the timetable, the earlier fastcat goes at 8.47 so if the meeting took an hour and a half you'd still be on the 9.47 one even if the meeting started 30 minutes earlier. The same applies to the car ferry (to be fair, that is based upon winter timetables).

I was very much in favour of the change of time but I am not sure it will assist those coming from the Mainland (other than preventing the mad dash if the meeting runs late).

Wacky races back to fishbourne is a tradition.

In 2011 I got smuggled across in Barrie Evans van for one meeting. In the charge to the ferry terminal, I was in the back with the bikes and some tools fell on me as we carreered round a bend, the race being in vain as the bloody ferry was nearly an hour late.

preventing the constant clock watching leading up to the mad rush would be a big bonus for me. at least i can relax a bit and watch the meeting, i don't get home until 12.30 am even when i catch the earlier ferry.

the proposed cuts to ferry services start in january 2013. there is currently a petition doing the rounds to demonstrate against the changes to the timetables.

• Like 1

It was my idea to start earlier, the main reason being in summertime after riders & mehanics working their nuts off, Its nice to sit down with a shandy,before the treck home, also some suporters apprieciate meeting the riders

• Like 1

Rather get back to Pompey for a Chinese though Gazza, long as your buying!

ha, thats the boy ! nice though init

Can't beat it mate, how's the shoulder?

hello mate, Im gazzas dad still not bonded ! nhs takes the piss now, aparently the world record from break to surgery stands at 198 days, when he goes for pre-assesement it will have been 202 !

Out of interest.Has Adam Ellis signed for next season?

Just he isn't on the confirmed list on the bspa site,yet I read that he was returning :s

Out of interest.Has Adam Ellis signed for next season?

Just he isn't on the confirmed list on the bspa site,yet I read that he was returning :s

I thought he had signed a few weeks ago

Dudley will have him if you don`t want him :lol:

Edited by martin_t

I thought he had signed a few weeks ago

Dudley will have him if you don`t want him :lol:

Nah, Im sure Mildenhall would find a way to stop us, they would want him also, although they didnt need him,you know like before. :wink: