British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

well if he is fit enough to ride in the SEC, surely he will be fit enough to ride on Monday as well?

And if he not is fit enough to ride on Monday, sure he shouldn't ride in the SEC either?

I'm just saying that a rider cannot be both fit and not fit at the same time and in general riders usually try to comeback a little to early

which I sometimes think is a bit stupid and that it would be better if the made sure that they were 100% fit before returning to the track,

Fully agree with the above Ghostwalker. In England earlier this year we had the situation with Shamek Pawlicki, where he was fit for Leszno on Sunday, unfit for Belle Vue on Monday, then fit for Piraterna on Tues- all the time carrying the same injury (bent metal rod in his leg). I even tweeted Middlo suggesting he may be "picking & choosing" to suit, Middlo suggested to me I hadn't seen the state of his leg! Fair comment. And as SCB rightly said, you can't argue with a doctors note. The reality is it will happen again & again in future, its less than ideal but its something as fans we have to accept.

Fully agree with the above Ghostwalker. In England earlier this year we had the situation with Shamek Pawlicki, where he was fit for Leszno on Sunday, unfit for Belle Vue on Monday, then fit for Piraterna on Tues- all the time carrying the same injury (bent metal rod in his leg). I even tweeted Middlo suggesting he may be "picking & choosing" to suit, Middlo suggested to me I hadn't seen the state of his leg! Fair comment. And as SCB rightly said, you can't argue with a doctors note. The reality is it will happen again & again in future, its less than ideal but its something as fans we have to accept.

Its time Promoters realised the fans are not going to keep accepting these kind of things and are walking away in numbers. Edited by Fromafar

Fully agree with the above Ghostwalker. In England earlier this year we had the situation with Shamek Pawlicki, where he was fit for Leszno on Sunday, unfit for Belle Vue on Monday, then fit for Piraterna on Tues- all the time carrying the same injury (bent metal rod in his leg).........And as SCB rightly said, you can't argue with a doctors note. The reality is it will happen again & again in future, its less than ideal but its something as fans we have to accept.

We've seen this on numerous occasions where a rider misses a meeting but rides a day either side of it. Surely a simple way to prevent this is if a rider presents a sick note it stops him from riding for a minumum of several days. A one day/meeting sick note is way open to abuse.

Edited by manchesterpaul

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW!

Sunday, 29th, September, 2013. Local TIme 7pm, BST 6pm, UTC/GMT 5pm

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 4 of 4 Rzeszow, Poland

MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 4 of 4 Rzeszow, Poland

NOT wise at all in my opinion. Could throw away the World title and never get that close again. I appreciate that right now his injury probably isn't much worse than it has been since Cardiff but to take such a risk seems foolhardy at best.

Absolutely right.

MY info is that Tai won't be riding anyway before Torun...

That would be sensible World Champ is what it is all about .No one will remember European Champ.Best of luck to him can't see him losing it if he turns up.

I would be hugely surprised if he risks it.

So SEC and Rzeszow getting fans in with false advertising as i'm sure many fans will be electing to attend in order to see the likely about to be crowned new world champion Tai Woffinden battle for the European crown too.

Edited by manchesterpaul

So SEC and Rzeszow getting fans in with false advertising as i'm sure many fans will be electing to attend in order to see the likely about to be crowned new world champion Tai Woffinden battle for the European crown too.

Be interesting to see if SEC are doing that, especially as they named a replacement for Tomasz Gollob a couple of days ago, so why not do the same for Tai? Time will tell. Interesting story on Sportowe Fakty reporting that the PGE Arena, home of Lechia Gdansk, may be hosting a round of SEC in 2014. I went to a match there in April this year, it's a brilliant modern stadium, an enclosed bowl that holds all noise, atmosphere was good with just 15,000 footy fans in it! Holds just over 40,000 for football. Just a 15 min tram ride from central Gdansk.

Looking at the points Pedersen and Woffinden are on, If Tai were to ride I think Pedersen would take full advantage of Tai being vulnerable.

Or am I being a bit harsh.

Looking at the points Pedersen and Woffinden are on, If Tai were to ride I think Pedersen would take full advantage of Tai being vulnerable.

Or am I being a bit harsh.