British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

Vaculik fortunate he is able to take part in the re-run he could have easily come off his bike too.

Vaculik needs a point-certainly count back won`t decide it-run-off if necessary.

Thought it was strange comment from Day, then again....

What a shame for things to end like that, hope both are ok.

Well done Martin Vaculik, has earned me a few quid on a couple of occasions this season, also nice to see him having time to check on Andersen's welfare there, then again he owes Hans one tonight.

Hope Tai doesn't bugger it up next week like Nicki has tonight!

Tai has one advantage.

He is not mental :)

Well did not expect that on Nicki's home track.

Well done Martin a worthy winner.

The SEC has been a success this year and plenty for Eurosport to build on.

Enjoyed the 3 rounds I have seen.

Sad that injury has spoilt the finale but Martin is champ and nobody can take that away from him as he deserved his victory.

• Like 2

Cant beleive that knowone has brought up a cuple of "iffy"!!! races concerning karpov and Dryml,now if i didnt know better what was karpov doing team riding Nikki to the front and even more blatent was Dryml who normally doesnt leave the inside and never looks for others in races suddenly looks for Lingren in the first corner and moves mid track!! then on the next lap lets Vactulc have the entire track on the inside to sail through.The Crowd knew what was going on scott Nicholls knew,and Martin Vaculiks face told the story,as if to say"ales i know you were going to let me through but do it a little more suttle next time"!!!!

• Like 1

REALLY surprised at how often Nicki has failed to get the job done this year, falling at the last hurdle. No GP wins and now this.

And last years GP series. He seems to have lost his ruthless naughty-Nicki-ness. He's now a bit boring.

Another packed stadium I see.........Not!!

If I needed any reason for walking away from speedway then that three and a half hours of 22 heats (almost ten minutes per heat) did it for me. FIM, or whoever it is, pull yourselves together, and cut down the time wasted by riders, who are the biggest offenders. I could have seen over forty heats at grasstrack in the time it took to complete this meeting.

If I needed any reason for walking away from speedway then that three and a half hours of 22 heats (almost ten minutes per heat) did it for me. FIM, or whoever it is, pull yourselves together, and cut down the time wasted by riders, who are the biggest offenders. I could have seen over forty heats at grasstrack in the time it took to complete this meeting.

Agreed, was that tedious or what? Sit through all that, and the commentators still weren't sure whether Vaculik was champion until the Final was run!

Seems to me that, internationally and domestically, races are run on a timetable to suit the riders, and not the crowd or even the TV companies. Long gaps between races spoil any tension that might have been created (not that there was much of that at Rzeszow).

I have little sympathy for promoters who whinge about diminishing crowds, most of them haven't dragged themselves into the 21st century. 22 races, each lasting little over a minute, in 3 and a half hours? That's not entertainment.

• Like 2

And last years GP series. He seems to have lost his ruthless naughty-Nicki-ness. He's now a bit boring.

NOT sure Freddie LIndgren would agree ... but I take your point

Must admit that the length of time it takes to run a 60 second race drives me bloody mad. Restarts FFS no mechanics allowed on track door to pits kept shut if a rider has a problem tough just get on with it. The shenanigans at the start line just get on with it ahhhhhhhhhhh !!! Even in the gps when time must be an issue the farting about can really spoil a great meeting.

• Like 2

Must admit that the length of time it takes to run a 60 second race drives me bloody mad. Restarts FFS no mechanics allowed on track door to

pits kept shut if a rider has a problem tough just get on with it. The shenanigans at the start line just get on with it ahhhhhhhhhhh !!!

Even in the gps when time must be an issue the farting about can really spoil a great meeting.

I agree with this.

Especially when it comes to unsatisfactory start.

I can understand if the airfence or the tape need to be repaired replaced and etc.

I've sometimes seen in league racing that when a rider is ex'd for 2min violation the referee cancels the heat and re-start the 2min clock.

I also thinks that when the 2min clock is activated only riders should be allowed on the track except for a small zone near the pit entrance.

Mechanics should not be allowed to bring a new bike all the way to the tapes or anything like that.