British Speedway Forum
Paul

Kent 2013

Was made to eat my own words last night after watching the Kings signing Adam Kirby ride second half at Rye House.

What a difference the winter must have made to the lad, looked smooth as anything and won all of his rides, alot of hard work must have gone in since the last season ended!

It's always good to see teams including 3.00 riders into the League and Kirby could turn out to be a decent signing, looking forward to my visit to Kent at some stage this season.

• Like 3

Was made to eat my own words last night after watching the Kings signing Adam Kirby ride second half at Rye House.

What a difference the winter must have made to the lad, looked smooth as anything and won all of his rides, alot of hard work must have gone in since the last season ended!

It's always good to see teams including 3.00 riders into the League and Kirby could turn out to be a decent signing, looking forward to my visit to Kent at some stage this season.

Looked decent in the couple of rides I saw him in. Could be a trump card at reserve for the Kings

Looked decent in the couple of rides I saw him in. Could be a trump card at reserve for the Kings

Adam is a good lad and should do well this season, he and more experienced riders have had trouble with the 3rd bend at Rye, but has worked hard to improve.

He has some decent equipment being prepared for the coming season, but as most young lads in the sport needs sponsors. If anyone would like to help, Adam can be contacted through Facebook or Neil Day at Kent.

Great to see the comments above about Adam and particularly the one from Ash as its not often people take the time to send such a second post.

Adam has worked very hard over the winter, and continues to do so.

Confidence is a major thing for young riders and being given a NL place has increased his confidence no end.

As with all young riders Adam is always looking for sponsorship and if anyone can help please feel free to contact me via private message here or email me nikko@kentkings.co.uk

Thank you ash for having the good grace to admit you were made to eat your words about adam. If you come and see us when you next see adam at rye house i will shake your hand.

Yes i will admit that adam did have a problem with the track 2 seasons ago, not last season, he got it into his head he couldn't ride it so we stayed away for a while and only came to rye when he was in anglian junior league action last season and it seemed to do the trick as in his first time back he won his first ride then suffered arm pump in his second ride, which is very painful, so had to back off. He then finished third in his last ride. The next time he rode in an ajl challenge match and scored a 3 ride 9pt max.

• Like 1

A King of the future.......maybe.Well who knows,but Kent can claim their very own king.14 year old Daniel Spiller won the FIM 250cc title at the weekend in Teterow,Germany.Daniel was born in Maidstone,but has lived in Germany since the age of 2

http://www.fim-live....th-gold-trophy/

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

iris only English riders in the NL

Yes,apart from 1 or 2 Aussies ;) But in relation to the Pascal Swart case,Daniel as it states was born in England and looks like he has a promising future,neither of which can be said of Pascal lol.But you are right and i don't know what the future holds for Daniel.Just thought it was a nice piece of news to go with the other good news these past few months relating to Kent and speedway

Just to say the Kent CTA Fire Kings had a great practice at Rye House today.

The riders announced so far all rode well and there was a fantastic team spirit.

Looking good for new season.

Observasions on the Kent Kings at practice today at Rye house..David Mason sporting a new air vest wore out the chalk on the white line,solid enough ...Steve Boxall looked like he,d never been away ,,mounted on good equipment now,, he will be a great force at this level....Our Ben Morley was practicing starts and looked smooth and quick..Connor Coles was trying out new machinery which definatly was not new!, and i have seen him smoother than this ,, will need a little time to adjust and we will need him firing like last year ..Jack Kingston looked smooth and hopefully will up his pace as the season progresses. Which brings me to the lad who really impressed me , Adam Kirby, who attacked the track and has a nice style similar to Lee Smart ,I,think he has potential for rapid improvement this season...Sam Woods was also present and looked well on the pace going out with Ben Morley all morning,,,,Noticeable absentee however was Robert Lambert the will he ,wont he saga continues ???

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Observasions on the Kent Kings at practice today at Rye house..David Mason sporting a new air vest wore out the chalk on the white line,solid enough ...Steve Boxall looked like he,d never been away ,,mounted on good equipment now,, he will be a great force at this level....Our Ben Morley was practicing starts and looked smooth and quick..Connor Coles was trying out new machinery which definatly was not new!, and i have seen him smoother than this ,, will need a little time to adjust and we will need him firing like last year ..Jack Kingston looked smooth and hopefully will up his pace as the season progresses. Which brings me to the lad who really impressed me , Adam Kirby, who attacked the track and has a nice style similar to Lee Smart ,I,think he has potential for rapid improvement this season...Sam Woods was also present and looked well on the pace going out with Ben Morley all morning,,,,Noticeable absentee however was Robert Lambert the will he ,wont he saga continues ???

Sam Woods at #4 with Ben Morley at #3 anyone?

Just to say the Kent CTA Fire Kings had a great practice at Rye House today.

The riders announced so far all rode well and there was a fantastic team spirit.

Looking good for new season.

Neil,this is my opinion but the namimg of the last rider has gone on a bit too long.And if it is not a certain rider,I for one will be very disappointed.
  • Like 1

Message to Nikko from the guvnor,, First aiders are compulsary ,,so some urgency on this...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Well the National League is under way and still Kent haven't announced a full team! I can't think of any other sport where this would happen or be allowed?

Edited by PhilK
  • Like 2