British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

Yep, has to be Live for me too. I tend to Sky+ & watch about an hour or two behind just to blitz through adverts & ramblings.

If anything is beyond the Live feed the result is already known and the interest is lost to watch isn't there.

sky are going to look like idiots if as expected they don't show the gps and then start talking about the meetings on a monday night at their elite league meeting.. Nigel Pearson was tweeting the other day that this years gps has the potential to be the best yet, I wonder how he will answer the question of sky not showing the gps series??

sky are going to look like idiots if as expected they don't show the gps and then start talking about the meetings on a monday night at their elite league meeting.. Nigel Pearson was tweeting the other day that this years gps has the potential to be the best yet, I wonder how he will answer the question of sky not showing the gps series??

well all they have to do is reach a deal for some footage of say a SGP final and say the pictures are curtesy of for argument sake Premier Sports happens with other sports so why would this be a big deal ?

So Premier Sports to show live GP's and Eurosport to show highlights and also the new European championship live. Seems we are moving on from sky!

WOULDN'T put money on that

Rob Armstrong Global Head of Motorsport is he the man who are responsibly at IMG for the FIM Speedway World Championships to be sold to tv companys?

http://www.imgworld.com/services/categories/motorsports.aspx

Hope for gods sake that all you in UK will see the GP's and SWC at your telly and NOT through a proxy from another country on the internet.

AT the end of the day Rob has the final say as far as the motorsport division is concerned but TV negotiations are primarily handled by IMG Media in consultation with Paul Bellamy, Managing Director of BSI Speedway, a wholly owned IMG company.

I think we are close to an announcement about where, when and how the SGP series is shown on TV in the UK but (Pirates of Poole) I don't think it will be the combination that you describe. Could be wrong ... it has happened before.

Although as Ole Olsen likes to say ... my first rule of life is that I am always right. My second is that even when I am wrong I am right.

PS to the anti-Ole brigade: he was joking ... I think!

AT the end of the day Rob has the final say as far as the motorsport division is concerned but TV negotiations are primarily handled by IMG Media in consultation with Paul Bellamy, Managing Director of BSI Speedway, a wholly owned IMG company.

I think we are close to an announcement about where, when and how the SGP series is shown on TV in the UK but (Pirates of Poole) I don't think it will be the combination that you describe. Could be wrong ... it has happened before.

Although as Ole Olsen likes to say ... my first rule of life is that I am always right. My second is that even when I am wrong I am right.

Andy Capp "Rule 1,I`m always right,rule 2,if in doubt,refer to rule 1"

So are you saying Ole Olsen is in-fact a woman ?

• Like 3

I doubt it. :shock::blink: