British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

Obviously its not going to be on Sky but its got to be live coverage for me,a highlights package days or weeks after the event wont be supported through viewing figures IMO.

i agree, i often record the GP's but never get round to watching them.

The European Championship has been running since 2001. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_Speedway_European_Championship

Think they are talking about the NEW European TEAM Championships they are trying to get off the ground.

Premier Sports would be the best option for most as its £5 a month subscription

Think they are talking about the NEW European TEAM Championships they are trying to get off the ground.

Wrong as usual. It's a tenner a month.

http://www.premiersports.tv/

Edited by Blazeaway

The European club championship will be shown on Sky, however Eurosport have the rights to the individual European championship, but it is unclear if this will be shown on British Eurosport.

Wrong as usual. It's a tenner a month.

On my current package it says to add channel 425 subscription of £5 per month ...... dont understand SKY packages as I have friends who pay much more than me and dont have as many channels and also a friend who has Movies and Sports but pays £2 a month less ?

Whichever channel its going to be on, I will more than likely go to my mates pub who has loads of foreign channels and pays next to nothing for them ! ..... I have dropped SPORTS starting tomorrow for a couple of reasons.

Some people have tweeted Premier Sports & they are saying they won't be showing the GPs & that they thought its Eurosport - whether this is a smokescreen from them I don't know

• Like 1

Its was much simpler in the 1970's with only three channels to choose from. :lol:

If it wasnt for the Speedway on Sky i doubt wether i would have a Sky package at all, probaly just do with the freesat/freeview option...with the Sky package i usually waste my time watching crappy repeats on Dave!!

• Like 1

I am in the process of having a new system put in, where I can watch all the sports I want, (in foreign). All for £125.. I will watch live GP speedway this year!

I am in the process of having a new system put in, where I can watch all the sports I want, (in foreign). All for £125.. I will watch live GP speedway this year!

Where from - who is supplying you?

Bet you're walking with a swagger because of that

• Like 1

What a club Championship in Europe, like this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Speedway_Club_Champions'_Cup

Eurosport in Sweden is showing reruns of all the 2012 GP's in March, with all the alternatives available I can't see the loss of Sky sports is important in the slightest. The fans that want to watch the GP's will find a way.

• Like 1

No the team championship will be better than that.It will also be better than the previous attempt when Swedish and German teams rode in the danish superliga.This will include British teams.......So it will be even better than when the Polish 2nd divison included a few foreign teams

• Like 1

I AM hearing rumours that Swedish clubs will not take part in the proposed Champions League, which will just leave Britain and Denmark.

Care to share the info' ?