British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

The World Superbike round at Phillip Island took place on the 24th of February, so I would guess that this is indeed the New Zealand SGP. The fact that the description is completely wrong doesn’t exactly bode well, but we will have to see how the coverage pans out.

In response to Flagrag’s question about who we would like to see commentating / presenting (may have been on the other thread) I would also have to vote for Julian Ryder & Toby Moody, who are brilliant on the Eurosport Moto GP coverage. Their passion and knowledge of racing is fantastic. Julian used to report on the SGP for Sky in the mid 90’s and was quoted in one of Brian Buford’s recent Speedway Star articles, so knows his speedway.

Some of the criticism of Nigel Pearson & Kelvin Tatum is completely over the top, as on the whole they do a very good job.

World Superbike from Philip island was on 24th February

Edit: Sorry this has already been posted by "ricca"

Edited by peatbog

Eurosport covered some speedway in the 90's, Jan o pedersen's win in Gothenburg and world team cup from Sweden too. Seem to remember that Julian Ryder was commentator then so would do a good job IMO. But does it really matter as most of the people on here say they turn the sound off anyways.

I would assume that highlights of the world superbikes is what was originally going to be shown, hopefully now to be replaced by live speedway.

Please ,please ,please is there anyone out there who knows what the hell is happening ? I have emailed eurosport again and had this reply. Eurosport will be showing live GP speedway from AUSTRALIA. I hope its just an error after all the 2 countries are quite close to each other but it dosent bode well.

Please ,please ,please is there anyone out there who knows what the hell is happening ? I have emailed eurosport again and had this reply. Eurosport will be showing live GP speedway from AUSTRALIA. I hope its just an error after all the 2 countries are quite close to each other but it dosent bode well.

When I cancelled Sky sports because of the lack of speedway, the person on the phone insisted it was F1. At the weekend I would imagine there is only a skeleton staff at work and they simply referred to the schedule available to all on the website..

Anyway who cares what they think if they are actually showing it live :P Some people just like to look on the black side ;)

Edited by Star Lady

I'm just waiting for an Official Announcement from..............................................................somewhere. :unsure: :unsure: :(

NOT long now ...

You TEASE you. :t::rofl:

AS I said a few days ago, an announcement is days away (not weeks)... All good!