British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blinder

Averages

Can anyone tell me what the rules are for a rider with a 4.9 prem average, but no team this year? Could he ride NL? What average would he be on?

Cheers

Yes he could ride NL if his average is below 6.00 and without a PL club, or below 5.00 with one. I'm not sure who you're refering to but if he achieved an NL average last year then that is used, otherwise its the last average he attained in the NL.Unless his PL average is more recent, and that is doubled (so 4.90 x 2 = 9.80). I think that's right anyway!

The rules surrounding this were not finalised at an earlier meeting that was held.

Rule 17.9.5 states

Where a rider has a previous PL and NL match average the highest will apply.

Rule 17.2.2 states

Where riders transfer between Leagues when a conversion is necessary the factors shall be

From PL to NL = divide by 0.6

If that was the factor used would be 8.17 for 4.9.

But if he had a previous NL average that would be used if it was higher.

Some aspects of eligibility may be discussed at the full AGM and could be changed but I doubt the 40.00 points limit will be affected.

I hope this is helpful

Malcolm Vasey

Some aspects of eligibility may be discussed at the full AGM and could be changed but I doubt the 40.00 points limit will be affected.

Malcolm Vasey

It had better not be after Dudley had to lose 5 of their team...............but they probably will just out of spite :D

It had better not be after Dudley had to lose 5 of their team...............but they probably will just out of spite :D

I dont think so Martin other teams ahve been built to 40.00 points and it was set for three years. In my opinion changes from last season will hinge around the doubling down eligibility in my opinion neccessary to allow newcomers to get team places.

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1

I dont think so Martin other teams ahve been built to 40.00 points and it was set for three years. In my opinion changes from last season will hinge around the doubling down eligibility in my opinion neccessary to allow newcomers to get team places.

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm,

Is this to restrict the number of doubling down opportunities to create places? And it is not just newcomers that need places - Stoke gave opportunities to 3 riders last year: Lee Geary, Liam Rumsey and Liam Carr and haven't given them places for 2013 and to date none of those have got a team place elsewhere.

Martin

Thanks for your help. Yes Damon it was Chris Schramm I was thinking about. I have spoken to him and he is desperate to ride, but no Pl teams are interested. I just wasn't sure if NL could be an option to keep him riding.

He would be quality at NL level, seems to have done ok at PL but not progressed... i always liked him as a rider...

He would be quality at NL level, seems to have done ok at PL but not progressed... i always liked him as a rider...

I would have prefered him in the Ipswich team instead of Makinen but hey ho.

Hey he would probably fit in at Dudley...............he is or was a Club CH Heathen way back so why not??????????

Looks like some britts are going to be frozen out, to good for national league but replaced by forign riders in the premire some who have yet to prove themselfs.its about time we looked after our own but for some reason we never do no wonder some britts are packing in speedway its becoming a waist of time for them if no premire place let them ride national league but to make it worth a national league team signing them allow national league priority if they then sign for a premire side who didnot want them in the first place preferring a forgn rider come on lets start thinking of our own

Malcolm,

Is this to restrict the number of doubling down opportunities to create places? And it is not just newcomers that need places - Stoke gave opportunities to 3 riders last year: Lee Geary, Liam Rumsey and Liam Carr and haven't given them places for 2013 and to date none of those have got a team place elsewhere.

Martin

The meeting that was held was restricted to one person oer club and i didnt attend so I cannot say other than by hearsay what the thinking is although I suspect you were right.

I'm afraid I am unable to comment about the specific riders mentioned above except that they are all great lads and I regret that there not vacancies for them. I am not sure if 8 man squads are permissable in 2013 and that may afford a limited opportunity.

The main problem is the lack of teams and the limited use of British riders throughout the sport.

Next season the National League needs a team in the far North of England or in Scotland. It also needs a team based in the far south west of England. It also needs Scunthorpe and the knock on effect of their riders being elsewhere has further limited the opportunities for others at those tracks.

We all have to try and achieve our objectives which of course vary from club to club but will include viability/affordability, rider development, competitiveness all to varying degrees with other elements and to achieve such a balance in times of financial difficulties throughout the country is far from simple. Many clubs are also recovering from the effects of the weather of this year which is without precedent and the extra costs and crowd limitation which such consistently bad weather brings.

Sadly many riders who deserve team places are without teams. I wish I could improve that perhaps some of the development League teams should take the plunge even perhaps in a track sharing way.

Times are extremely hard unless you are in an Olympic Gold medal sport.

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1

The meeting that was held was restricted to one person oer club and i didnt attend so I cannot say other than by hearsay what the thinking is although I suspect you were right.

I'm afraid I am unable to comment about the specific riders mentioned above except that they are all great lads and I regret that there not vacancies for them. I am not sure if 8 man squads are permissable in 2013 and that may afford a limited opportunity.

The main problem is the lack of teams and the limited use of British riders throughout the sport.

Next season the National League needs a team in the far North of England or in Scotland. It also needs a team based in the far south west of England. It also needs Scunthorpe and the knock on effect of their riders being elsewhere has further limited the opportunities for others at those tracks.

We all have to try and achieve our objectives which of course vary from club to club but will include viability/affordability, rider development, competitiveness all to varying degrees with other elements and to achieve such a balance in times of financial difficulties throughout the country is far from simple. Many clubs are also recovering from the effects of the weather of this year which is without precedent and the extra costs and crowd limitation which such consistently bad weather brings.

Sadly many riders who deserve team places are without teams. I wish I could improve that perhaps some of the development League teams should take the plunge even perhaps in a track sharing way.

Times are extremely hard unless you are in an Olympic Gold medal sport.

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm,

A very good reply and you hit the nail right on the head - not enough teams in the NL and I don't see an answer to that with the way the sport is structured in the UK.

Martin

does it cost a lot to enter the nl as there is a few pretty good rider up here in Scotland now and the borders area also without teams and they quite fancy riding as a team together or can we just have challenge matches with nl teams to give them track time any info would be helpfull