British Speedway Forum

INCIDENTALLY, the theory about why the inside gates were so better, despite some extensive work before the start, is that the track is angled quite sharply from the outside to the inside. Water on the track, and there was quite heavy overnight rain, naturally seeps down to the lowest point (gate 1) and away from the highest (gate 4).

And, of course, the racing line down the home straight took the riders over the outside gates, packing down the surface still further.

Maybe one day someone will come up with an artificial, retractable, starting grid that would be the same from 1 to 4.

So the water seeps down to the inside gates overnight,but if someone waters the outside gates hwo long does that water take to seep down?Are you suggesting it is within seconds?Surely it is artificially possible to water the other gates to be the same as the inside?And as for the other point,well surely at every track the race line takes the riders over the outside gates.........

Darcy Ward Heat 7 was new track record 63.66

All races except 2 were under last year track record

So the water seeps down to the inside gates overnight,but if someone waters the outside gates hwo long does that water take to seep down?Are you suggesting it is within seconds?Surely it is artificially possible to water the other gates to be the same as the inside?And as for the other point,well surely at every track the race line takes the riders over the outside gates.........

IF only it was that easy. It just isn't. It takes time for the moisture to do its job but with the heat of the sun here water evaporates very quickly. People do try their best but it isn't an exact science.

Of course the racing line at other tracks is similar. I am just saying that here, and at many other tracks, it compounds what is already an unlevel playing field.

video of semis and finals from the crowd at turn two

and the falls of NKI and Bunyan

Edited by kiwi

Think this year there are 15 riders that are evenly matched, anyone could win and they could just as easily have a last.

Funny that, i'll swear Greg Hancock said exactly the same in his interview! :blink:

All meetings except when Poole are racing.

Their meeting will be on the Adult Channel , where all the t!ts can be seen.

Ha Ha, your a Laugh a minute pal...

Enjoyed that one, a couple of strange decisons from the Ref who wasnt named at all, a lot of movement from the gate and liked the blokes doing the comments. Made a change from the the usual lot, at least they got they words right unlike Ermolenko.

Is it going back to the usual pair when it comes back to europe?.

Wasn't Ackroyd the ref?

Funny that, i'll swear Greg Hancock said exactly the same in his interview! :blink:

Ha Ha, your a Laugh a minute pal...

Comedy is all about timing ....

.... and going by your advice to the professionals at the Speedway Star you're the expert on timing.

BTW Only a Glaswegian saying "pal" has the true desired effect .... pal.

• Like 1

Comedy is all about timing ....

.... and going by your advice to the professionals at the Speedway Star you're the expert on timing.

Spot on... ;)

IF only it was that easy. It just isn't. It takes time for the moisture to do its job but with the heat of the sun here water evaporates very quickly. People do try their best but it isn't an exact science.

Sometimes one wonders if it is thought of as a science at all,let alone an exact one.The discrepancies between gates are often so wide that one wonders if it is just an amateur bodge job!! Doubt anyone other than those statistic extremist fringe amonst us expect each gate to end up with the same(if that is possible) amount of wins,but surely a similar amount isn't asking for too much after all these years of track prep?

• Like 2

The track must always have the same problem unless they don't water it at all? I'm surprised Bill Buckley built it that way . . .

Spot on... ;)

Sorry, george.m is too busy to attend to you at present. But when you're heading up News International he'll be happy to deal with you then.

Ward is not a poor gater !

Are you sure! Compared to Hancock,Gollob,and Pedersen could not gate for toffee great racer though.

Because if Mr Charisma is so shouty and annoying you end up turning your TV over and miss the Speedway, your enjoyment is spoiled. At the last last nights shouty guy seemed to have some personality, and some how made it work. Johno is always good, he seems to spot things other ex riders dont.

Did the coverage over there have the live cross overs to Lee Adams and Crumpy.

I found them very interesting and imformative .

Chopper

Not the best GP I have watched but pleased to actually see Speedway after a long winter.

I also thought the commentary was fine and it's nice to hear different voices and opinions.

Nice to see you using my graphic internetman - at least someone likes it!