British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Irk Deflector

24th August 2013 Gp Challenge @ Poole

Rules are top 8 qualify. Don't agree with you..

http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/6550004_eng.pdf

077.8.5 Clearly shows the qualification criteria for 2014

When Jason Crump retired his place should have gone to the next rider in the qualifiers but now, they gave it to the rider in 9th place, Andreas Jonsson. Why do you think they wont do that again? on what basis? Im basing it on past actions but I'm guessing you're basing it on the naïve belief they'll do as the rules say?

I notice they have now changed the rules, so if someone does a Crumpy now, the 9th place rider does get the place. The fact they've changed the rules suggests they were wrong to give AJ the place and not Ales.

But if Hancock and Gollob are 9th and 10th in the GPs I bet that they get Zagar and Iversens places and that Zagar and Iversen are giving the places from the qualifiers. The FIM/BSU will do what suits them, ask Ales Dryml.

That actually requires both of them to want to be in the series.

When Jason Crump retired his place should have gone to the next rider in the qualifiers but now, they gave it to the rider in 9th place, Andreas Jonsson. Why do you think they wont do that again? on what basis? Im basing it on past actions but I'm guessing you're basing it on the naïve belief they'll do as the rules say?

I notice they have now changed the rules, so if someone does a Crumpy now, the 9th place rider does get the place. The fact they've changed the rules suggests they were wrong to give AJ the place and not Ales.

It does seem odd that they changed the criteria after not following it when Crump retired.

Hey guys i'm doing the trip from Germany to UK by plane to watch 2 league meetings at Swindon and Somerset and of course the SGP Challenger at Poole.

I still got some "CHRIS HOLDER" Wristbands. If anybody is interested just let me know by emailing me on fugawz@web.de ! It will be 2,50 Pounds per band.

I'm looking forward to it and i hope for good weather.

I will stay at Poole the whole day before the meeting, Can anybody help me with what to do there?

Thanks heaps

Lots to do in Poole and surrounding area, but you are governed by the 4 pm opening of the gates and need to be at the stadium early to make sure you get in. At trip to Poole Quay is walking distance from the stadium with bars and shops. You could take a boat trip over to Brownsea Island from the quay.

Cheers

Steve

It does seem odd that they changed the criteria after not following it when Crump retired.

MORE a question of tidying up the wording to avoid the ambiguity that confused some but not all last year.

Lots to do in Poole and surrounding area, but you are governed by the 4 pm opening of the gates and need to be at the stadium early to make sure you get in. At trip to Poole Quay is walking distance from the stadium with bars and shops. You could take a boat trip over to Brownsea Island from the quay.

Cheers

Steve

Would agree with a trip down to the Quay where there a few places to eat and drink. Not for from the stadium at all.

MORE a question of tidying up the wording to avoid the ambiguity that confused some but not all last year.

It is now perfectly clear that every rider in the top 8 who announces they are retiring before the list of 2014 SGP riders is published are replaced by the 9th and below riders. If they announce they are opting out after the list is published then they are substituted from the qualifiers list from the Challenge.

I do not think that is just a tidying up of the wording.

It may very well be what the organisers WANTED the 2012 regs to say.

But it wasn't what was written.

Edited by Grand Central

From what I can see the " Official Grand Prix Qualified Substitute" list isn't defined in the 2012 regulations...

Niamh

Cheers

Steve

Thanks mate,

already heard that with open gates at 4pm. Will be there to get the tickets. Certainly dont wanna miss that! There's gonna be a German Bus travelling there aswell..They gonna make some huge noise for Mr Smolinski ;).

If it is warm enough is it possible to take a swim somewhere? Or maybe Jetskiing??

From what I can see the " Official Grand Prix Qualified Substitute" list isn't defined in the 2012 regulations...

Niamh

Nor in the 2013 regulations, if it comes to that.

Edited by Grand Central

What's the weather gonna be? Looking at the forecasts on several weather sites it's not looking good for the weekend ffs...Once in a few years i'm comin to England and all i want is definitaly not bad weather combined with rain..omg..

Is it true that Aleksandr Loktaev is blocked form taking his place in the Challenge at Poole because he has not got a UK visa ?