British Speedway Forum
Hunty

Uk Speedway Series

If you don't know who these people are how do you now if they are going to pay the riders ,staduim etc ? allowing any tom ,dick or harry to run things under the name of speedway can cause massive damage to the sport, so yes it can harm other people

When did i say i had belief in the sbc or the bspa or indeed that riders would not get paid ? i said we don't know that they would ...my point is this is a crap idea that has been gone about in the wrong way .

I rest my case Mlud

Edited by PhilBrereton

I rest my case Mlud

What case ? i said we don'y know they are not going to get paid not they won't be ...try to keep up .

I wonder if the good idea was to do with the way the event was run rather than the riders involved, perhaps there were ideas of how to promote the event to get non Speedway supporters along, possibly they were going to do something between races or vary the format, we know from biker fm that there was to be a 6 man final. Perhaps there was to be something done with admission prices and so on, there are any number of possibilities. Would be good to know if any or all of these would work surely.

Besides that if you have a carefully selected field of riders over roughly equal ability you are likely to see better racing than when a couple of superstars are involved anyway.

I thought their publicity stated 16 Speedway Superstars!!?

Your belief in the SCB and BSPA is nice to see, and I'm sure that they will appreciate it.

So speedway riders won't get paid now, thats after there won't be any insurance and that the riders are rubbish, whats the next line of attack I wonder.

They already run succesful motorcycle racing series and brought in sponsors such as Red Bull and Monster, just as BSI have with the World cup, which is more than the BSPA have managed for a few years. Remember Gospeeds Janet and John selling PowerPoint presentation of last year.

David bloody Cameron could run a better setup than the BSPA FFS.

Oh yes that Sky Sports sponsorship deal has been total b*****ks, hasn't it?!

• Like 1

What case ? i said we don'y know they are not going to get paid not they won't be ...try to keep up .

Why even mention about paying the bills?

You brought their ability to pay bills into question no one else.

I thought their publicity stated 16 Speedway Superstars!!?

Oh yes that Sky Sports sponsorship deal has been total b*****ks, hasn't it?!

You are happy with speedways current direction then I guess?

Why not ? surely who wants to run a an event or sport should be question about there ability to pay the bills ,one of the most important things .

Just like any sport these day you have to checked money wise before you allowed in .

Edited by orion

You brought their ability to pay bills into question no one else.

You are happy with speedways current direction then I guess?

I didn't say that. But I don't believe this poorly thought-out attempt at something new and possibly different, using 2nd and 3rd division riders, will improve its direction either!!

• Like 2

Why not ? surely who wants to run a an event or sport should be question about there ability to pay the bills ,one of the most important things .

Just like any sport these day you have to checked money wise before you allowed in .

Of course. If it was

Brian Pissweed

12, credit Card Max'ed Avenue,

Grimsby.

These people at the MCF are a bit different, they have different ideas which they have used in other motorcycle sports, with friends in big companies.

How many friends does the current SCB have? I'm not talking promotors own companies. When was the last time the BSPA got a big global company on board? That is evidence the MCF are not amateurs.

Of course. If it was

Brian Pissweed

12, credit Card Max'ed Avenue,

Grimsby.

These people at the MCF are a bit different, they have different ideas which they have used in other motorcycle sports, with friends in big companies.

How many friends does the current SCB have? I'm not talking promotors own companies. When was the last time the BSPA got a big global company on board? That is evidence the MCF are not amateurs.

The evidence is in there statement ...they said they could run these meeting without asking and also there were 16 superstars, both have turn out to be untrue .

If you were that pro i doubt you would start putting out such statements without checking things out first

I didn't say that. But I don't believe this poorly thought-out attempt at something new and possibly different, using 2nd and 3rd division riders, will improve its direction either!!

So, they have hit middle ground as an experiment to get in on the sport. Why do a BSI at Reading, when you can lose at lot less at Premier League level if it goes wrong.

Premier League is potentially more cost effective as an experiment. It may not appeal to the Elite League snob, but could grab just as many fans.

The evidence is in there statement ...they said they could run these meeting without asking and also there were 16 superstars, both have turn out to be untrue .

If you were that pro i doubt you would start putting out such statements without checking things out first

Where have they said that?

I thought it was us on here that said it's illegal to withold trade and the MCF have used and proved it is the case in motocross.

Point me to a link if they have said it. It'll be interesting. Remember the MCF is the same as the SCB, just not recognised by the ACU, which appears to mean jack do dah from a legal perspective as proven.

Edited by Deano

So, they have hit middle ground as an experiment to get in on the sport. Why do a BSI at Reading, when you can lose at lot less at Premier League level if it goes wrong.

Premier League is potentially more cost effective as an experiment. It may not appeal to the Elite League snob, but could grab just as many fans.

Where have they said that?

I thought it was us on here that said it's illegal to withold trade and the MCF have used and proved it is the case in motocross.

Point me to a link if they have said it. It'll be interesting. Remember the MCF is the same as the SCB, just not recognised by the ACU, which appears to mean jack do dah from a legal perspective as proven.

Well what is all the fuss about if the meetings are going to go ahead ?

Why would the organisers have needed to ask the ACU, SCB etc when they are running under the MCF governing body? That would be like the owner of a Burger King branch asking MacDonalds if they could sell burgers.

As a matter of interest what different ideas? I have trawled the thread trying to see what they are going to do different but unless I have missed something nobody seems able to say what is going to be different.

It seems to me the bottom line is that speedway is four bikes going round and round. Over the years people have tried marching bands fireworks and all manner of things but the only thing that seems to bring the crowds in is good racing.

So, as a serious question what is going to be different to a PL individual meeting ?

Many meeting officials such as Clerk of the Course and machine examiners are SCB qualified but unpaid. Are the MFC going tom get these officials (whose loyalty is to a promotion ) to come in unpaid or are they going to get unqualified officials of their own to do the job ? What about referees ? Are they getting SCB men in or having unqualified refs of their own ? What about track curators and track equipment, where are they coming from ?

I am not trying to be controversial but as far as I can see nobody has discussed any of this and there seems to be an assumption that it will be alright on the night, but I stand to be corrected if anyone has the answers.

Why would the organisers have needed to ask the ACU, SCB etc when they are running under the MCF governing body? That would be like the owner of a Burger King branch asking MacDonalds if they could sell burgers.

As i said i look forward to the first meeting then ..what date is it ?

What would happen though if MacDonalds were the only affiliated organisation for serving burgers in this country. It's not an open market, for many reasons.