British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

NOPE Euro Sport for the next 3 years

Thanks for that, wasn't sure

• Like 5

I for one wouldn't mind them picking up the league contract - even if it was highlights and not live

as i've said before it might even do the sport a favour cutting out the delays and so on

i think we need to prepare for life after sky

• Like 2

Either way, bitching aside, I'm happy to see the GPs on TV and I'd be happy with just 1 cameraman on the centregreen with no commentators, as long as I get to see them. The fact that we have it for the next 3 years is just awesome. Many thanks and congratulations to everyone involved in getting this new contract set up :t:

• Like 2

BUT crucially, in my opinion, Eurosport showed EVERYTHING including the Presentation at the end. With SKY's coverage they rarely showed the Presentation and one was left with a sense of anticlimax.

You can get pills, sold on the internet for that TWK! :wink::lol:

• Like 5

Don't think anyone else has mentioned the ticker running across the bottom of the screen at intervals advertising other motor sport events during the Speedway GP. IF Eurosport do the same for Speedway during the Moto GPs and other bike progs it has to be a good thing. I have no idea if Sky ever did anything like that cos I never watched any other motor sport on Sky.

• Like 1

I'm confused. Pearson and Tatum have been taking stick on here for years for being 'shouty' and having just watched the GP for the second time, the Aussie commentator did nothing but shout during the heats yet there's nothing but praise for the guy.....

Also, what is a 'great launch'?

At least he didn't get the names of the riders mixed up, or say someone who was last on first turn had made a great start.

My household all thought the presentation was much better than Sky. Not having to put up with studio drival and Chris Louis always wearing a shirt 3 sizes too small was an added bonus.

• Like 1

I am not missing your point, it is just that your point is totally wrong, Like I explained, neither Eurosport or SKY provide the commentary They buy the world feed and it comes with it. Had Sky extended their contract to show the GPs you would have watched the exact same pictures and commentary as you did on Eurosport. When the GP comes back to Europe the commentary will once again be Nigel and Kelvin. SKYs only addition was the studio section, Eurosport simply let the feed run

You're absolutely right.

Keeping the feed going just worked better.

The package that BSI create for the world feed is a complete one that lasts 3 hours it does not need to be "added to".

The extra money Sky paid for Studio, Huewen and, worst of all, Ermolenko actually seemed to detract from the presentation overall.

I just hope that Eurosport don't change that approach for the European stagings.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

I think my only criticism from Saturday I don't think is Eurosports graphics anyway, but the riders announcing their name in the graphics before each heat got very boring, very quickly. I think something like that is great to show with the vocal reading of the names pre meeting when listing the riders, but not during each heat.

• Like 8

I think my only criticism from Saturday I don't think is Eurosports graphics anyway, but the riders announcing their name in the graphics before each heat got very boring, very quickly. I think something like that is great to show with the vocal reading of the names pre meeting when listing the riders, but not during each heat.

Watched it Today ( monday ) Did Not Know the Result , Thought the Presentation was OK NO Louis Or Ermoneko Spouting their Opions (great ) , Looking Forward to the Next Round

Either way, bitching aside, I'm happy to see the GPs on TV and I'd be happy with just 1 cameraman on the centregreen with no commentators, as long as I get to see them. The fact that we have it for the next 3 years is just awesome. Many thanks and congratulations to everyone involved in getting this new contract set up :t:

1 camerman on the centre green would get very dizzy and end up falling over. :lol:

• Like 2

I enjoyed the meeting and Eurosport's presentation was a refreshing, straightforward change. It was just a shame the racing was a bit average.

At least he didn't get the names of the riders mixed up, or say someone who was last on first turn had made a great start.

I thought he did. A couple of times he even had to correct himself as the riders went into the second bend. Let's be fair to commentators (all of them), what sometimes looks like a great start can turn into a turkey within a couple of tenths of a second and commentators get names wrong all the time in almost every sport. . . maybe not tennis.

The one thing that really annoyed me about the commentator was why did he feel the need to make a comment everytime a rider introduced themselves before a heat?

I thought the commentators were a breath of fresh air but maybe because that's because they were different. I found Wade enthusiastic rather than shouty and much more entertaining than the usual duo. I was laughing out loud when they were discussing Bunyan's airbag - Holy Cow!

• Like 1