British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

Well we got to see the presentation & post meeting interviews tonight,which would not have happend with Sky, we would have been lucky to have got to the semi's without the red button.

Well done Eurosport.

• Like 3

They also have scheduled highlights of the GP of Europe from 4.30 pm - 6 pm tomorrow, well worth watching if you missed it.Good English food like a Curry or Kebab.

curry is english food

I have the GPs on SKY series link for recording and it didn't work tonight.

Anyone else have the same issue?

worked ok for me

sky must be having a rethink first 3 gp's have been good viewing last nights was poor to start but then delivered some very good entertainment

Just watching Ralio+ on S4C Wales showing highlights of the Grand Prix from Auckland and Bydgoszcz commentary in welsh (sub titles in English) have there own guy at both tracks showing Sayfutdinov bike and explaining about engine clutch suspension and sprockets gets quite excited about how they go around the track with no brakes also interviewing Woffinden in Poland good commentary nice to see that speedway is being covered on other channels well done S4C.

They last two have been good to watch, it does certainly help to have 16 top riders in the field on nice fast circuits. Eite lge matches are generally very dull in comparison, mainly because the teams have been watered down over the years, and some of the tracks provide poor racing. Loving the Eurosport coverage, excellent presentation.

curry is english food

Not correct

Curry was first developed in Mesopotamia.

Curry powder which are a blend of spices originated in Southern India and later the spices were bought back to England.

Curry became popular with the British forces when they were part of the Empire.

I accept that many variations of curry have been developed in the uk, the origin is not so it is questionable that it is English..

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I have the GPs on SKY series link for recording and it didn't work tonight.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Yes I had the same issue. The one thing I don't like about the Eurosport coverage is the hand overs from the studio guy to the commentary team. There is always a clumsy gap followed by them picking up Nigel or Kelvin half way through a sentence. Personally I would prefer it if they stayed with the commentary team throughout. The "Studio" guy doing the recaps doesn't really add anything to proceedings, and it does annoy me when he talks about riders wearing "hats"!! Edited by Sparky from Sheffield

Not correct

Curry was first developed in Mesopotamia.

Curry powder which are a blend of spices originated in Southern India and later the spices were bought back to England.

Curry became popular with the British forces when they were part of the Empire.

I accept that many variations of curry have been developed in the uk, the origin is not so it is questionable that it is English..

They still should be - aye - those were the days. :t:

Red Coats, Pith Helmets sending a Column - It was GREAT to be British. :t::shock: :shock: :blink:

They still should be - aye - those were the days. :t:

Red Coats, Pith Helmets sending a Column - It was GREAT to be British. :t::shock: :shock: :blink:

Are they're more patriotic blokes than you W.K ?it has always amazed me how this little island of ours are so well respected worldwide.We are amongst the top 8 world powers how? we owe so much to the brave English troops who lost there lives in the world wars they SHOULD never be forgotten.
  • Like 1

Are they're more patriotic blokes than you W.K ?it has always amazed me how this little island of ours are so well respected worldwide.We are amongst the top 8 world powers how? we owe so much to the brave English troops who lost there lives in the world wars they SHOULD never be forgotten.

Well said sidney - too many folk forget that. :sad: :sad:

Yes I had the same issue. The one thing I don't like about the Eurosport coverage is the hand overs from the studio guy to the commentary team. There is always a clumsy gap followed by them picking up Nigel or Kelvin half way through a sentence. Personally I would prefer it if they stayed with the commentary team throughout. The "Studio" guy doing the recaps doesn't really add anything to proceedings, and it does annoy me when he talks about riders wearing "hats"!!

THE studio guy is there for continuity as Eurosport dip out of the coverage for their ad breaks and then back in again... Sky did it when reverting to their studio. I am sure they will tighten that up.

saw it for the first time last night. the coverage is excellent except for the bloke who does the interval stuff.

Kel and Nige are great as usual but he is half asleep and seems to pause after every word.

so basically replaced Huewen and co with a boring bloke who can't speak very fast.

SKY was far better.

THE studio guy is there for continuity as Eurosport dip out of the coverage for their ad breaks and then back in again... Sky did it when reverting to their studio. I am sure they will tighten that up.

The studio guy is ridiculous. I've never heard a person pause so much whilst talking.

He will...literally...pause this...many...time during a... sentence

I understand he's probably trying to fill space and he's also probably not done much commentary work, but he's just awful. Really, really bad.

Don't mind the studio guy. Means I can get a beer from the fridge without missing anything.

• Like 1

Just watching Ralio+ on S4C Wales showing highlights of the Grand Prix from Auckland and Bydgoszcz commentary in welsh (sub titles in English) have there own guy at both tracks showing Sayfutdinov bike and explaining about engine clutch suspension and sprockets gets quite excited about how they go around the track with no brakes also interviewing Woffinden in Poland good commentary nice to see that speedway is being covered on other channels well done S4C.

Is it in Welsh and if so if one selects substitles on Sky can one choose English? UPDATE Just tried subtitles on Sky and they are English :)

Only i see it is rescheduled for tonight at 11:15pm. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't mind the studio guy. Means I can get a beer from the fridge without missing anything.

Leave the rest of the house to the women and create a man cave with a fridge NEXT TO the chair.

• Like 1

The Welsh programme showing highlights is here

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?series_id=512060355

If S4C have got rights to the highlights is there any chance Channel 4 might revisit the idea of a highlights show like they used to do?

So far I've learnt that the Welsh language has no word for bike, Speedway, clutch, throttle, 70-miles-per-hour, suspension, brakes, sprocket, front, carburettor, air-filter and tyre.