British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

I bet those who think Eurosport do a better presentation than Sky also think that those one camera DVDs of club meetings with an enthusiastic local doing the commentry are also better than Sky.

Eurosport every time. They also have Pearson shouting less and cut down on the time with Baldy and Kelv.

Not sure if you are taking the piss or just stupid.

You probably think Die Hard 4 is better on netflix than love film

Do you actually understand the basis of the broadcast? BSI effectively record the whole show themselves, complete with Nigel and Kelvins commentary. This is sold on to whoever buys the rights, previously SKY now Eurosport.

There is a break every 4 heats and each broadcaster can do what they want in that segment, in SKYs case ad break and studio chat, in Eurosport case ad break and inane drivel. This is the only part that can be any different as to when SKY showed the broadcast.

While it is nice to still have the GPs on TV it is ludicrous to compare a professional anchor man led studio segment to some wally talking crap in between having a few beers.

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 1

And give me Eurosports coverage everytime, it's all about opinions isnt it , that said I thought the guy was much much better last night seemed to have much more get up and go than in previous weeks. And they do treat us as adults, if someone says a naughty word on sky its "oh we are so sorry", on eurosport not a mention of it. At the end of the day no one presentation will suit everybody.

I must have been watching the Eurosport broadcast from an alternative dimension to that which some of you were watching.

In the dimension I watched the heat intervals were filled with a dribbling lunatic that did not know where the GP was and babbled insanely about a sport he obviously knew nothing about.

It has already been said many times but the coverage is EXACTLY the same as SKY minus the babbling imbicile.

So some of you are saying you prefer an idiot who knows nothing about speedway and sounds like he is either drunk or on serious drugs to a panel of SPEEDWAY riders who knew the sport inside out?

If so I don't know who is dafter. The nutjob from Eurosport or some of his audience.

SKY presented a proffesional programme. Eurosport's contribution is crass and inane.

A couple of two year olds could do a better job than Eurosports anchor man.

I give them credit for Cardiff which was interesting with Scott and Suzy but the Eurosport sections of the GP in 'Moldow', wherever that is, was a joke apart from the world feed coverage with Kel and Nige which was excellent.

remembertheracers, on 30 June 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Eurosport every time. They also have Pearson shouting less and cut down on the time with Baldy and Kelv.

And HOW EXACTLY have Eurosport gotten Nigel shouting less when it has absotutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with THEM what happens in the World Feed????

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

EUROSPORT will feature a different setup next year - well it's being looked at. A few names already being suggested as the channel's 'Speedway Expert(s)'.

In addition to this, I would not be suprised to see Eurosport adding Polish Speedway to its portfolio soon.

Edited by SGP

As i was in Copenhagen and couldn`t record their live coverage on Saturday night i recorded the first repeat showing highlights shown Sunday evening-just watching now and they have gone from heat 2 straight to heat 13-How Pathetic is that :mad:

In addition to this, I would not be suprised to see Eurosport adding Polish Speedway to its portfolio soon.

Now this would seem like Christmas has come early

EUROSPORT will feature a different setup next year - well it's being looked at. A few names already being suggested as the channel's 'Speedway Expert(s)'.

Sounds good to me. I would love to see the British GP presentation team full time next season, Mr and Mrs N are clearly experts, and the guy leading was a fast learner and seemingly enthusistic without being Pearson OTT.

I must have been watching the Eurosport broadcast from an alternative dimension to that which some of you were watching.

In the dimension I watched the heat intervals were filled with a dribbling lunatic that did not know where the GP was and babbled insanely about a sport he obviously knew nothing about.

It has already been said many times but the coverage is EXACTLY the same as SKY minus the babbling imbicile.

So some of you are saying you prefer an idiot who knows nothing about speedway and sounds like he is either drunk or on serious drugs to a panel of SPEEDWAY riders who knew the sport inside out?

If so I don't know who is dafter. The nutjob from Eurosport or some of his audience.

SKY presented a proffesional programme. Eurosport's contribution is crass and inane.

A couple of two year olds could do a better job than Eurosports anchor man.

I give them credit for Cardiff which was interesting with Scott and Suzy but the Eurosport sections of the GP in 'Moldow', wherever that is, was a joke apart from the world feed coverage with Kel and Nige which was excellent.

remembertheracers, on 30 June 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

And HOW EXACTLY have Eurosport gotten Nigel shouting less when it has absotutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with THEM what happens in the World Feed????

As I said all down to opinions, I have mine and you have yours, no need for all of the less than complimentary wording of your post, we are all adults, lets act like them.

• Like 1

Whatever anybody thinks about Eurosport coverage,just remember SKY just dumped GP speedway and will possibly be dumping British Speedway next season,at least Eurosport are giving it a go.Their. coverage of other bike sports is Great IMO.

• Like 1

It is a little bizarre how so many people are arguing so much about so little.

The pictures and commentary are from the world feed. So totally the same from Sky or Eurosport.

The only difference in content is that Eurosport have covered from Parade through to presentations which most people prefer.

Eurosport have had the Carter Clown as voice over.

He knows nothing and talks gibberish.

Sky had Heuwen and The Muppets in the studio.

He knew nothing and they talked gibberish.

All we actually need is a chap who knows something and can speak in a fluent manner on Eurosport.

And then we'd all be happy.

I think.

• Like 4

Sky had Heuwen and The Muppets in the studio.

He knew nothing and they talked gibberish.

Rubbish. He knew a fair bit. Not my cup of tea, but he seemed to know enough to present a discussion in the studio.

Rubbish. He knew a fair bit. Not my cup of tea, but he seemed to know enough to present a discussion in the studio.

Well that's my attempt at trying to garner a consensus up the spout.

Your Earl Grey is my Lapsang Souchong.

Whatever anybody thinks about Eurosport coverage,just remember SKY just dumped GP speedway and will possibly be dumping British Speedway next season,at least Eurosport are giving it a go.Their. coverage of other bike sports is Great IMO.

SKY remain interested in British league racing; however, the BSPA need to make it clear what product they wish to offer next season before SKY will offer any renewal I would expect. It looks set to be another interesting winter.

Edited by SGP

Whilst we all appreciate (hopefully!) the coverage Speedway gets, in comparison to none at all. I think the tv coverage does go on too long. I liked Eurosports new guy with Scott on the Cardiff gp set who i think added a new slant, as he seemed to be conveying what a "new viewer/live guest in Cardiff" might be experiencing eg, "its so loud" " wow the atmosphere is brilliant" etc.....and this can only help other "newbies" want to take a peep at this GREAT sport of ours!. I think there is no need for the filler fella!! as in he's only going over what we've just seen in the prev 4 heats. Then again I cannot think of what they could do instead. :lol: I think if Sky do keep the League racing they should try and show a good mix of EL and PL meetings as the EL is not necesserily where the best racing is anymore. Maybe if they had more choices of where meetings are they could avoid the rainoffs a bit more......head to the sun fellas!!

This is a new one.

The coverage is too long!

The GP programmes start 12 minutes before the first race to show the parade and it finishes immediately after he podium presentations.

They cover the 3 hour event in a 3 hour programme

The League matches are from 7.30 to 9.30.

They cover a 2 hour meeting in a 2 hour programme.

It is LIVE.

I'm at a complete loss.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2