British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Darcy Showing What A Pro He Is Again

Probably not as he said in one report that he didn't have any speedway bikes over in Oz. But he did say he had a pit bike and that he has hurt his heel whilst riding that.

.....thought he was riding at Peterborough and clipped the kerb easy mistake to make.

I think there will be more riders than darcy ward smoking weed in the off season, just he's the only one stupid enough to get caught.

You reckon? The majority of top boys have health, physios and dietitians to advise them. Doubt they would mess all that up.

I was going to say it is like silencergate, but really it is nothing like the same.

MIddleditch himself has said he is misquoted, I asked him why a paper such as the echo would do that espoecially given the close relationship and pages of cover they give to Poole Speedway.

The Echo and journalist in question have come out and sand they stand by the story and all quotes.....

The plot thickens.....................................

I think there will be more riders than darcy ward smoking weed in the off season, just he's the only one stupid enough to get caught.

While you may be right on that part of the argument and I suspect you are.

Do you really beleive that being caught taking drugs was the issue ?

That is really not the crime.

The crime was riding a motorcycle while under the influence of drugs and trying to outrun the Police while under the influence

Why on earth ANYBODY would even consider defending his crime is completely beyond me, for goodness sake he rode a motorcycle on a public road while on drugs and tried to outrun the Police. How bad does it need to get for some to realise that that is NOT normal

Now, do you want to tell us that there are others doing that as well ???

You reckon? The majority of top boys have health, physios and dietitians to advise them. Doubt they would mess all that up.

I was going to say it is like silencergate, but really it is nothing like the same.

The plot thickens.....................................

Must have been lost in translation. If he didn't say what he is being quoted as saying I suspect we should all wait for the lawsuit and the apology to be printed in the Bournemouth Echo

I guess we need to watch this space.................................or maybe the journalist is right and he did indeed say what was printed.

Edited by Chris Brown
  • Like 4

Seems like it's not going to be long before the UK drug testing team take an interest in speedway again, definately needed and as soon as possible. Nice big dose of random tests will soon put an end to the problem for a while,as it did it in the past, with drugs detectable for up to six weeks, anyone with even one brain cell would think twice.

Question.

I've seen many riders on Twitter say they use Snus to give them a boost, any idea what that is as I have no idea???

Wards statement on speedway 365 web site... Well what a suprise it seems it was a one off error.. :rofl:

Wonder who asked Ward to give statement.

He has no choice but to apologies as he sees otherwise he risks losing more fans & sponsors

It's a heartfelt apology and a genuine pledge to move forward in a more mature, upstanding and even inspirational manner.

I wonder if Ward has even read it.

He'll be furious to know he's been fraped as it's on his Facebook page too.

• Like 2

Question.

I've seen many riders on Twitter say they use Snus to give them a boost, any idea what that is as I have no idea???

its the same as snuff really..... Powered tobacco you put up your nose.... But think you put snus under your lip Edited by Arson fire

At least Darcy Ward, or his advisors, realised he needed to issue a statement. His older and supposedly wiser team manager is still conspicuous by his silence.

Question.

Snus is tobaco that you put under your lip. Ever seen Tony Rickardsson? Ever heard of Swedish match? :)

Edited by aslan
  • Like 1

I am not condoning what Darcy has done for one second... Its unprofessional what he has done and he must face up to it. He has been punished in his homeland.

I wouldnt imagine his visa will be a problem. Look at some of todays music stars who perform here! It wasnt long ago Snoop Dogg faced drug and gun charges (a lot worse) and was found guilty altho escaped prison... He still plays concerts in the UK. And as someone pointed out to me yesterdays, some of the boxers who fly in to the UK have a list of convictions as long as their arm!!!

Hes been a very silly boy for sure but people mentioning the likes of Lee are off the mark. He was growing and selling drugs which is another level. Havelock and Bird got found with it in them whilst racing and so did Frank Smart and Roger Lobb. Darcy has not been found with it in him whilst racing .

Hes been a silly boy but hes young and talented enough to go on and be a world champ and get over this.

• Like 2

Well, after that statement I will agree with Ward. Time to move on. He'd been fined but given no convictions against his name which shows that it wasn't taken to seriously by the court.

Wrapped knuckles is all that's needed here. It certainly doesn't come across as bad as the Bournemouth Eco made it out to be.

No conviction, no issue IMO

See you in 2013 Darcy and hope you have a good season and rip up the GP's

• Like 1

Having read Darcy's heartfelt apology, I feel I must take every word at face value and trust that HE has not been misquoted in any way, unlike poor Mr Middleditch.

Now I know what Darcy's version of event is, precisely, I am more confused than ever.

As he says, he did just about nothing wrong at all and has no problems left to address as he has already moved on with a new attitude. It was all a 'once-off'.

So why on earth is Matt ready to book him into Betty Ford's clinic, or wherever, for professional help.

You could be forgiven for thinking that Matt had his doubts about the voracity of Darcy's own words.