British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

2013 Speedway Rule Book

15.9.3 In a Team Competition, a Rider shall be awarded a Bonus Point if s/he finishes in 2nd or 3rd place immediately behind his/her partner, this shall not count towards the Meeting score.

Was there a change of plan re. not paying 3rd place bonus in the PL? No clarification offered anywhere in the regs I can find.

Did the BSPA ever announce it themselves? Or was it another of them "leaked rules" that it turns out was made up? As it never made any sense.

Did the BSPA ever announce it themselves? Or was it another of them "leaked rules" that it turns out was made up? As it never made any sense.

A few riders tweeted it im sure Craig Cook was one. If that rule is indeed true how would that be policed?

It was probably mooted, leaked and then ditched when people pointed out the issues, not least of all being I'm sure the riders were decidedly unhappy.

----------------------------------------------

Some changes in the NL for this year that haven't been mentioned.

17.9 A NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE Team’s initial Declaration will consist of 7

Riders whose total MA must not exceed 40.00 points (for 2012, 2013 & 2014)be It needed to be changed or adhered to. Off the top of my head only 3 teams had 'legal' initial declarations last season, but not a word about it from the SCB. I'm disappointed by this changes though. I'd like to have seen 8 riders enforced and a rule stated if one of your reserves is missing your 8th rider replaces him. If he is out too then a guest up to his average. If both reserves are out your number 8 for the lower and a guest for the higher averaging rider. That would have given a chance for a few rides to more young riders, similar to Ritchings had with the Heathens before being elevated into the main team of 7.

17.9.1 It must also not exceed 40.00 points when re-declared (permanent or temporary) except

where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the Rider being replaced.

17.9.2 Initial Team Declarations may include:

17.9.2.1 Riders with a PL MA of 6.00 or below if they are not declared in a PL 1–7 at the start of

the season, although any such Rider who moves back into the PL will be ineligible if

he has a PL MA of 5.00 or above. NB. A Rider with a PL MA of 5.00 or below joining a

NL Team after losing a PL Team place may not remain in the NL Team if he

subsequently gains a PL Team place, Still trying to fully digest this and ponder the potential implications.

17.9.2.2 A current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the

Season.

17.9.2.3 Only one established (ie. has achieved a League MA) Rider over 30 years old, unless that

Rider continues to ride for the same team as in the previous season.

17.9.2.4 One new (no previous Team appearance) Rider over 30 years old Makes sense I s'pose.

17.9.3 All Riders must hold a UK Passport or have UK Patriality.

17.9.3.1 Riders qualifying by UK Patriality will be given an assessed MA of 5.00

17.9.4 A Rider taken out of a Team cannot be re-introduced into that Team within 14 days.

17.9.5 Where a Rider has both a previous PL & NL MA, the highest will apply.

17.9.6 Where a Rider is declared in both a PL & NL Team, the PL Team shall have priority, except

that a PL Rider nominated for the NLRC must appear in the NLRC.

17.9.7 It is mandatory for Riders to appear in the NL 4TT, NL BP & NLRC; Riders will be suspended

from their next 2 Home Meetings in contravention, subject to MC confirmation This should have been clarified. My understanding is that in the 4TT and BP it's only mandatory if the club have selected said rider, meaning you are not necessarily represented by your top 4 or 2 riders. In the NLRC the top riders plus the best of the rest as nominated must appear. Also it seems that PL can call on their riders if there's a clash with the 4TT and BP because although the rule on the NLRC specifically states the NL takes priority the rule on the 4TT and BP does not. Therefore the PL clubs uses the rule that PL clubs' meetings take priority. There is ambiguity that would have been easy to eradicate.

17.9.8 In the case of a dispute regarding the Line-Up the matter may be referred to the NL CoOrdinator, but will have the same validity as it were taken under SR 18.1.3

Aaaaahhhh me!!

Rules, Rules, Rules, Rules, Rules they certainly know how to confuse and exasperate us poor Supporters at the BSPA. :sad: :sad:

Four blokes haring around a Track - how COMPLICATED can it get? :rolleyes:

Very - it seems.................................................. :mad:

A lovely touch by the SCB with the printed rule-book - it features a picture montage of the late Lee Richardson on the front cover. Brought a tear to my eye when it arrived this morning I can tell you.

A lovely touch by the SCB with the printed rule-book - it features a picture montage of the late Lee Richardson on the front cover. Brought a tear to my eye when it arrived this morning I can tell you.

Great about the Cover - shame about the silly Rules that haven't been removed.

Strange how they only highlight the added new rules but never seem to delete any old ones - thereby just adding to the confusion and different interpretations!!

Apparently the deleted rules have all been highlighted in green highlighter.

The rule book states bonus points are used and count for heat 15 no change there.

It's the promoters who decided not to pay riders any longer for bonus points so its not a rule change but just a cost cutting exercise by the promotors

The rule book states bonus points are used and count for heat 15 no change there.

It's the promoters who decided not to pay riders any longer for bonus points so its not a rule change but just a cost cutting exercise by the promotors

Fair enough...however...bonus points are only used for the Heat 15 calculations and in the pay packets. So will a rider still be credited with say 5+2 on the scorechart when he's only actually paid for 5+1?

Fair enough...however...bonus points are only used for the Heat 15 calculations and in the pay packets. So will a rider still be credited with say 5+2 on the scorechart when he's only actually paid for 5+1?

They probably never thought of that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yep riders will still be credited exactly the same way for the score chart and for heat 15 they will just be no longer paid for bonus points by the promotors financially