British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Play-off Final & 3rd Place On Tv Sunday 22nd September

its funny how Piotr Baron is all out criticizing Torun and all and Kasprzak is all very diplomatic and not saying much,just before they left when they were getting in the vans they said sorry but this will be huge fine for Torun and maybe suspension from league racing

If Torun aren't in the pits ready to race at 1845, then it will be declared a ZG walkover win!

It's very unfortunate situation for Torun having to go out without a top rider, but the greatest duty is to the paying fans of both clubs, not to mention the tv viewers. How about Torun out for next season and both Div 1 teams up to Extraligue for 2014?

Yes Torun have until 18:45 then walkover win they were 17,000 fans at the stadium I heard some people online saying that Torun club may be suspended from any speedway racing for 2 years. Kasprzak just said that they were talking about guest rider rules like they have in UK so then he would be willing to race for Torun today, sometimes this sport in Poland is like that logo on Falubaz jerseys bit of a Micky mouse show

Edited by pawel115
  • Like 1

Surely it would have been better for Torun to race (& probably lose) on track. Then argue the unfairness of being unable to replace a star like Gollob. Seems to me doing it this way they still lose, it'll cost them a fortune, & the fans suffer.

• Like 2

If Torun aren't in the pits ready to race at 1845, then it will be declared a ZG walkover win!

As it has to be. :t: This makes the Elite League look well organised. :lol:
  • Like 2

Yes Torun have until 18:45 then walkover win they were 17,000 fans at the stadium

That's the really sad part of it all, hard earned money spent by people.. I wonder if it will lead to crowd trouble?

• Like 1

That's the really sad part of it all, hard earned money spent by people.. I wonder if it will lead to crowd trouble?

See my post 1402. Hope not, but i'd be bloody fuming if i'd handed over my hard-earned zlotys.

How about a ban on club and riders for 2014? . Hit them where it hurts. Totally disgraceful situation.

One of the many scandals in polish speedway history it happened in the past and I am afraid it will happen again too many shady characters in this sport

One of the many scandals in polish speedway history it happened in the past and I am afraid it will happen again too many shady characters in this sport

You could be describing British speedway also Pawel, we have plenty of our own shady characters.

• Like 1

Imagine a big domestic football final, any country. Star player injured on the eve of the match. Packed stadium the next day and his team demand a two week postponement, and then walk out. ;)

I can see both sides of the coin here. That Torun should have been allowed to find a replacement for Gollob or R/R and such things.

On the other hand you just can't postpone meetings because one of the teams have several injuries.

This year Smederna have suffered really hard from Injuries and there have been many meetings where we have missed several riders.

For large parts of the season but Smederna kept fighting and eventually made the play offs and semi finals before getting struck by another injury.

Apparently Torun had found a replacement for Gollob. The teams and the team managers wanted to ride but the owners had apparently said no.

Torun will be demoted from Ekstraliga and will be fined 3'000'000 Polish Zloty, which is about £600'000GBP.

Edited by Ghostwalker