British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Glasgow V Berwick 7 April

Yes the racing was close at times but the point i was making is there was not one pass made. At what point have i said it was the tracks fault for the crashes, i actually thought that the track was better than it has been in the past.

As for the free scarf it will be getting hung up on my bedroom wall. ;)

Not one pass made !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! were your eyes shut when Grieves and Aspregen were going at it during heat 4 ?

• Like 1

Not one pass made !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! were your eyes shut when Grieves and Aspregen were going at it during heat 4 ?

Nope was at the fancy new toilets during that race only seen the last 2 beds of it

So you are trying to tell me Horwood would have scored what Garrity got? don't think so.

If you read my post again it says crashes AND every race FTG.

Will need to let the Glasgow Promotion know that crashes are not allowed at Ashfield as it seems Mr B wont allow this kind off thing at a speedway meeting he would have been better staying at home and watching his pre-recorded episodes off the programme his name portray's :D

After the last few season's of very much gate and go this was a breath off fresh air the race between James & Aspegren being the highlight both giving each other room and going at each other hammer & tong credit to both riders for a fantastic race.

I will need to take my hat off to a certain James Wright i watched him last night and criticised his performance but he made me eat my word's today that was more like the Wrighty i remember at Workington when he single handedly destroyed us that night , well done Mr Wright more of the same will do for me.

Takes two teams to produce a good meeting well done to the bandit's and off course the Glasgow boy's , best wishes on a speedy recovery to Ricky Ashworth the bike just seemed to stop dead throwing him over the bar's looked a real sore one hope it is not too serious for Ricky

Nope was at the fancy new toilets during that race only seen the last 2 beds of it

You will need to stop lurking about toilets Blobby Don't want the constabulary attending for soliciting ;)

• Like 3

And the new bar , with the impressive hall of fame , is a breath of fresh air

And the new bar , with the impressive hall of fame , is a breath of fresh air

Guessed The bar would take priority how naive off me to think otherwise :lol:

Similar to Friday night the local promotion have to be commended for the positive changes made to satisfy the needs of the paying public. Many positive changes on display today from stadium appearance to catering.

An enjoyable experience today and good to see so many Bandits making the trip and supporting their team so vociferously - in a well spirited way. Let's hope other visitors do the same and make the experience, for the new comers the promotions are trying to bring in, an enjoyable one. You wouldn't have grudged Berwick a win today based on their fans great support, nor the team's effort!

The main visual difference today was the track shape. It looked so much better with a wider 4th bend exit and 1st bend entry. Also the dip going into bend 3 has all but gone and there was clearly less rider trepidation going in.

To the team.

James Grieves has been our MVP of the weekend. Showing all the enthusiasm and energy of someone half his age. He's also provided the most exciting racing from a Glasgow rider in the two matches I've been to, today and Friday.

Screeny looked below par, but full credit for him riding last night and today - top Bloke! Looked like his injury was having an effect on his riding. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and the same goes to Ricky Ashworth who looked to take a bad one.

Joey RIngwood definitely has something! The type of 100% trier that'll bring me back next week. His 2 points don't reflect his effort nor luck - in heat 8 he had no where to go before hitting the boards. Like Joey, Joe Jacobs is confident and his first bends typify this - he's quite happy to mix it, as is Joey. He has a great riding style too. Good days ahead for both.

Henning - I'll put today down to early season form.

James Wright looked handy and the promotion have emphasised we need to be patient. Based on today he'd do well in home matches, let's hope that whatever's needed for him happens and he runs up a good tally of away scores too. Thanks go to Jason Garrity who after a last in heat 11 came out in 12 and thanks to Wright's first/second bend team riding took the win that changed the match for Glasgow. There was no looking back after that and the Joe/James combination in heat 13 sealed it.

I don't comment usually on referees. But Graham Reeves, you need to have a serious word with yourself. Friday night it was consistent rolling at the tapes (mainly Glasgow riders!), and today how did you ever see Grieves beating Aspegren in heat 4. Rider and fans can justifiably feel hard done to.

And one other thing. I saw this on Friday and you repeated it today. Fallen rider clealry not able or going to leave the track and red lights come on VERY late!!!

I've read some comments on the board about the track. Well, at a time when we're trying to improve attendances do we really need it when it's not accurate nor justified? For goodness sake it's the first meeting of the season.

So thanks to the promotion and everyone involved for the hard work done over the winter months, your efforts were there to be see today. Yes it's work in progress and a few things need ironing out, but you've showed your capable of making the big decisions and taking the right action which bodes well.

• Like 2

Ashworth crash caused by snapped chain.

Apart from the wxcellent Heat 4, there were other good races & for the first meeting of season was a good omen of things to come.

Tigers were lucky to win though, Garrity a better rider that Harwood, though it did take Wright talking to him at the tapes for him to finally wake up, his first 3 rides were pretty poor, also Ashworth crashing out weakened Badnits..

Overall an enjoyable match, but I am hoping that the awful singing march on was due to nerves (at least it was a brave novel idea!)as also the overloud centre green mike making her sound too shrill & often unintelligable , both to the public & other being interviewed. Errors like still asking questions when the tapes were about to go up I hope were just teething troubles, she was at times quite an embarrasment. Still the new promos are trying something new & good luck to them.

All in all thought a hopeful start to good racing etc this season.

Edited by icicle

And one other thing. I saw this on Friday and you repeated it today. Fallen rider clealry not able or going to leave the track and red lights come on VERY late!!!

A change in the rules means that a race can be declared if it is stopped after the leading rider has entered his third lap. Which may lead to referees awaiting him crossing the line, preventing re-running races with riders already spread out.

A change in the rules means that a race can be declared if it is stopped after the leading rider has entered his third lap. Which may lead to referees awaiting him crossing the line, preventing re-running races with riders already spread out.

I understand that, but rider safety has to be priority and at Armadale they had crossed the line half a lap prior to lights coming on.

Just to make it clear my chain did not come off! I hit a rut on the outside and caught too much drive that made me hit the fence. That's all I can remember anyway. Credit where due though I thought the track was a lot better than the last few years and once settled down could be a really good race track.

hope things are all good Ricky, how long will you be out for?

I can only assume Razor didn't want Nicki having potentially 4 in a row... Still puzzling! Tide seemed to turn in 11 when we lost Ricky (get well soon fella)... And from what seems a bit of a dodgy decision in heat 4 according to Paul from updates where Grieves was given the heat win even though Robin won... Still, a point is a point!

Does seem puzzling to say the least,yes Barrett wouldve been having muliple rides but surely theres times when needs must and I think yesterday was one of those times.Berwick needed a rider in Ht12 with the potential of scoring points and maybe even winning the race,Barrett has to have been a better option than Edberg whose performance up till then had been woeful.

Still you live and learn.

Just to make it clear my chain did not come off! I hit a rut on the outside and caught too much drive that made me hit the fence. That's all I can remember anyway. Credit where due though I thought the track was a lot better than the last few years and once settled down could be a really good race track.

Will you be fit enough to ride on Saturday night?Just seen on Berwick website that your not all the best for a speedy recovery Edited by Bandit59

Will you be fit enough to ride on Saturday night?Just seen on Berwick website that your not all the best for a speedy recovery

Cresent Girls mate makes a guest appearance this coming saturday.

At least we will find out who "Seb who" is.

Whilst Berwick thought they may have been robbed after Ashworths crash let's not forget Joe's heat one stoppage and Joey falling in heat 6 whilst on a 5-1. The two on the lines cancelled each other out though. Probably the main cause of Berwick's defeat was not using Barrett in heat 12. Had he won it, Berwick would've won . Edberg should've been left to ht 12